Wow.. This is effin horrid ...

ju5t1n20

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1.0 out of 5 stars I've heard dogs barking more cohesively than this band's music, March 19, 2012

By

Billy - See all my reviews

This review is from: Trademark (MP3 Download)

If you analyze the band individually, they're actually pretty good.

For example: the singer sings in a key. Too bad it's not the same key the rest of the band is playing.

the drummer can keep a beat. It's just not the beat the songs are being played on.

The bass line sounds good. Too bad it doesn't match what the rest of the band is doing.

The guitarist can play. He just can't play these songs. But I am sure he can play something.

Maybe they should get each individual musician track and make 4 different songs out of them, where the rest of the band would match. Or, maybe they could just practice more.

Not recommended if you have OCD, it will drive you crazy!!

cop.gif

• Members

I'm more of a kill them with kindness type of guy myself...

"In today's age of generic bands that are all trying to imitate each other's recipe for success, it's refreshing to see a band that comes forth with their own formula. Not content to follow Nickleback and the Foo Fighters "guaranteed hit" chord progressions, or The Doors or Nirvana's cult-inspiring hidden lyrical meanings...this band boldly marches to the beat of their own drummer.

Lyrics such as "To spend time with you I have to wait, to your clock I become a slave", "Ever since we made our history I get this uneasy feeling, I knew when we caught eyes tonight that it was gonna be like drug dealing", and "I need my fix, like an addict needs a dime" show a lyrical prowess that would make Jim Morrison envious. These lyrics are delivered with a phrasing and a controlled pitch that hasn't been seen since William Hung, whose departure left a huge void in the music world. The guitar player displays a rare style, borrowing bending and vibrato techniques only heard from Kirk Hammett of Metallica...yet adding a country vibe.

All of this is masterfully rounded out by the visual image of the band; a daring tribute to The Village People. Bravo gentlemen, bravo...

This album is without a doubt worth the meager asking price. It's the only album I've heard this year that I feel the need to play for everyone I know. Entertaining from beginning to end!"

I meant it. It's entertaining...in a Freddy Got Fingered type of way. And I do play it for everyone I know...so they can share in the laughs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

Honest opinion, no punches pulled?

They look like pretentious douchebags. That "singer" is so off-key that it hurts my ears. He looks like KING douchebag. He probably gets laid a lot. It's so generic, it is to country as djent is to metal, only worse. You can tell that they think that song {censored}ing rules. It not only sucks, it deep throats camels.

I want to punch them all.

You sir, are correct. Someone give this man a fortune cookie!

• Members

TrAIDSmark

"Causing music to waste away and die of opportunistic infections since 2008."

"God's punishment for those who blend rock, hip-hop, and country in defiance of His will since 2008."

"One of Northern Mississippi's fastest growing bands."

• Members

For anyone who has ever looked at a Harlequin romance novel and thought "God, I wish this uninspired, exploitative drivel targeted exclusively at dried up and brainless soccer moms could be experienced in a vaguely musical format" there is Trademark.

• Members

In another update, apparently there may...and I stress *may*...be talk of them removing their 5 song self-fellating EP from Amazon because of all the literary masterpieces being submitted to it by the wonderful members of HCAF.

• Members

In another update, apparently there may...and I stress *may*...be talk of them removing their 5 song self-fellating EP from Amazon because of all the literary masterpieces being submitted to it by the wonderful members of HCAF.

Most of them are posted in here. We can post them in iTunes for them :)

Then CDBaby if they'd like as well.

• Members

How do you write reviews with a pen name? I want to submit this:

"For anyone who has ever looked at a Harlequin romance novel and thought "God, I wish this uninspired, exploitative drivel targeted exclusively at dried up and brainless soccer moms could be experienced in a vaguely musical format" there is Trademark.

Seriously, I haven't seen anything so blatantly targeted at the overweight and horny housewife demographic since Billy Ray Cyrus stopped wearing skinny jeans and started pimping out his daughter.

If you are a middle aged woman in the market for something to listen to while you fantasize about the characters from your daughter's twilight books, this CD may be perfect for you. Everyone else should look elsewhere."

• Members

"For anyone who has ever looked at a Harlequin romance novel and thought "God, I wish this uninspired, exploitative drivel targeted exclusively at dried up and brainless soccer moms could be experienced in a vaguely musical format" there is Trademark.

Seriously, I haven't seen anything so blatantly targeted at the overweight and horny housewife demographic since Billy Ray Cyrus stopped wearing skinny jeans and started pimping out his daughter.

If you are a middle aged woman in the market for something to listen to while you fantasize about the characters from your daughter's twilight books, this CD may be perfect for you. Everyone else should look elsewhere."

Sign in to your normal Amazon account, then go to the page trying to sell those songs. Click on the "write a review" part, and the next screen will ask if you want to use a pen name.

• Members

When you go to the "write review" screen, there is a field where you can put your pen name in.

Archived