EMG best pickup EVER!!!

guitarbilly74

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nah brro, nah.

Every time I have a guitar with EMGs, I feel the need to change them. I have two at the moment... {censored}s gotta go.

I just personally prefer passives a million times over EMGs. And I have to say, I liked how the Blackouts sounded in a Schecter I used to have far more than any EMGs in a guitar I've had :idk:

I do however like the clean tones the neck 707 yields in my LTD deluxe

• Members

EMG's are a good failsafe pup. They can make almost any guitar sound decent. However they are also a bit generic and can disguise the character of a guitar. Passive pups are hit and miss but can be a greater reward when you get things sorted. Also EMG's definitely work better with SS amps or big pedal trains than most passive pups do.

• Members

no sir, they're more like a fine steak dinner
:love:

I would say they are more like a full rack of ribs with all the sides. It's amazing when you're in the mood for it but you always wake up the next morning saying "well i'm not gonna do THAT again for awhile". :lol:

• Members

I have an 81/85 set in an alder Kramer Focus 2000 body partscaster, the 85 is in the bridge. This guitar sounds amazing.

195823_10150451765575263_624780262_17879

On a side note, I wish I got a nickel every time a corksniffer referenced the word "sterile" to these pickups. Get off your ass and learn to use the EQ on your amp.

• Members

I have an 81/85 set in an alder Kramer Focus 2000 body partscaster, the 85 is in the bridge. This guitar sounds amazing.

195823_10150451765575263_624780262_17879

On a side note, I wish I got a nickel every time a corksniffer referenced the word "sterile" to these pickups. Get off your ass and learn to use the EQ on your amp.

Gah! I had a Focus 2000! My first "real" guitar back in 1985.

• Members

Blackouts need to be lowered a pretty good amount away from the strings to sound good.. Emg's like to be close..

When I first tried the blackouts I couldn't stand them, either.. But they are way more sensitive to how hard one plays and how close they are Arty to the strings.. Mine are backed pretty far down, and with my heavy pick hand they still have a ton of output, but it's still really clear and perhaps a perfected emg, with the bigger low end and slightly brighter top..

I've found a home for Emg's in some of my guitars but they honestly don't touch a great passive like the Evh Frankenstein.. That pickup oozes so much tone and character that an emg has absolutely no chance of matching it, in terms of unique and powerful tone..

I love you man, but you go through pickups more than anyone, haha.

EMG FOR LIFE!!!! SAY IT>>>>>>>SAY IT!!!!!

tumblr_m1rkyumeE71rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Archived