If this doesn't make your balls tingle then you are dead.

OverDriven

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cedric is probably one of the music amazing singers I have heard recorded. That being said, he does suck a mean dick when playing live. I've still got mad love for Mars Volta though. Gunna go listen to them right now actually.

• Members

Cedric is probably one of the music amazing singers I have heard recorded. That being said, he does suck a mean dick when playing live. I've still got mad love for Mars Volta though. Gunna go listen to them right now actually.

Mars volta are the single most boring band I have ever seen live.

And I have seen the stone roses.

• Members

I love ATDI. They're amazing. I think that The Mars Volta is an abortion of pretentious self indulgent drug induced bull{censored}, and Sparta...while awesome for involving 2 of the members of Engine Down...still sucks the dick.

Mars Volta would be the most famous band in the world if they didn't go up their own arses via scratchy psychedelia guitar center level wankery every 12 seconds.

I tell you what though...I'd pay money just to hear the drum track of their albums.

• Members

Mars volta are the single most boring band I have ever seen live.

And I have seen the stone roses.

The first time I saw the Mars Volta, I fell asleep, which begs the question of why I would pay to see them a second time, but they were amazing the second time I saw them.

• Members

I might like it...MAYBE (but doubtful) if some hipster beatnik roommate way back then didn't listen to them EVERY GODDAMNED NIGHT AT TOP VOLUME. I'd have to get up really early for work or class (was finishing up my degree at the time) and he would literally be sitting downstairs blasting this {censored}ing album at 3am while sipping dry vermouth and Tanqueray martinis and nodding his head. I wanted to kick the {censored} out of him and wipe my ass with his pain and shame, but I was broke at the time and needed his half of the rent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I could probably enjoy them if they had no vocals. Completely ruins it for me.

This. My balls shriveled, which is saying a lot since I listen to death and black metal and hate most of the vocals...

This could be at the top of the "I wish I never clicked that link" list for me.

• Members

I definitely like the energy they brought on this record -- and the arrangements are dope -- but the singer kind of kills it for me a lot of the time. On some of the songs it works,..on others,...meh.

• Members

lots of cedric hate in here :lol:

you know how much i love ATDI AND TMV.

i was just thinking earlier that "198d" is the best {censored}ty song i can think of :lol: a lot of their stuff is like that. SHOULD be terrible, considering everything, but is {censored}ing magical to me. i will never be able to explain my obsession with omar and cedric's work. but goddamn is it amazing.

maybe its their utter refusal to sound like anything else on the planet.

maybe it was because they were MY band in my social circles growing up, as in i wasnt referred to them or fed them from MTV or anything. just randomly played at a skatepark one time and i immediately had to know wtf that was

maybe it was the first bolt of refreshing musical energy i ever really received that snapped me out of "everything has to sound like metallica or korn or some {censored}".

maybe it was that their albums were some of the few i had while going through the first few years of the navy, a time marked by cold, snowy towns with no friends.

maybe it was the uber tight bellbottoms and afros and tailored shirts.

maybe its a texas thing.

whatever it is, {censored}, {censored} {censored} i love at the drive in.

Archived