Does Anyone Play through 2 Heads at Once?

Nick H

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used y D1 & D2 running through the stereo inputs on my 1960, which really worked well.

If you run the D1 and D2 INTO the stereo inputs on the 1960...there's no reason (normal sane way) to use a "Y" cable. You'd use a single cable from the output of each amp to the TWO cabinet inputs with the cabinet switch set to stereo.

Which tells me you used the outputs from the amps...INTO A Y cable...then into one of the stereo inputs. Which is like super bad for your amps. Surprised you didn't blow one of them instantly. Madison aren't exactly known for durability or reliability.

Please elaborate on how you used the Y cable while hooking 2 separate amps to two separate cabs. (Which is essentially what a 1960 is, when set to "stereo")

• Members

Yeah....

I'm thinking DarkMetl is talking about running 2 separate amp/speaker rigs with a Y cable between the guitar and heads???

And Nick H is talking about feeding 1 cabinet with 2 heads using a Y cable as a speaker cable into the cab???

Two VERY different things. If I'm understanding them correctly...

• Members

Yeah....

I'm thinking DarkMetl is talking about running 2 separate amp/speaker rigs with a Y cable between the guitar and heads???

And Nick H is talking about feeding 1 cabinet with 2 heads using a Y cable as a speaker cable into the cab???

Two VERY different things. If I'm understanding them correctly...

My thoughts exactly....

One, not so funny.

The other...HILARIOUS!!!

Nick...you there buddy?

• Members

I ran a 5150 and Dual Rectifier together for a long time. I was the only guitarist in a band and ran two guitar rigs for each side of the stage. I plopped an ABY as the last spot in the pedalboard chain and never noticed any tone loss or had other issues. I quit that because it was too damn much to carry around and setup. I've been considering doing something similar again, this time with dual preamps and a stereo poweramp.

• Members

My thoughts exactly....

One, not so funny.

The other...HILARIOUS!!!

Nick...you there buddy?

No, Im using a cord splitter from my guitar into the two amps going into the same cab using two separate cords into the stereo inputs.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, no, would never use a cord splitter between the amps and the cab. Im not that much of a noob.

• Members

No, Im using a cord splitter from my guitar into the two amps going into the same cab using two separate cords into the stereo inputs.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, no, would never use a cord splitter between the amps and the cab. Im not that much of a noob.

Oh noes1!!11!!!!1111

that's not funny.

:cry:

• Members

I played wih 2 amps at the same time a couple of tme but honestly I thought it did not sound that good in a live band situation

Maybe due to constant chorus/delay effect that does not sound that great for heavy rythm.

I should have gotten a couple of Klops drums to avoid all that phase cancelation :D

• Members

I ran a 5150 and Dual Rectifier together for a long time. I was the only guitarist in a band and ran two guitar rigs for each side of the stage. I plopped an ABY as the last spot in the pedalboard chain and never noticed any tone loss or had other issues. I quit that because it was too damn much to carry around and setup. I've been considering doing something similar again, this time with dual preamps and a stereo poweramp.

i used to do something similar...only i was the only string player. it was me, drums, & vox.

my rig at the time was a single recto and 5150. i hated the 5150, so i ran the slave out from the recto into the FX return on the 5150, essentially using it as a power amp that i was able to EQ differently.

Archived