what are the "constant" parts of your rig?

guitarbilly74

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hot rodded Strat shape guitar with a slim to medium neck shape with rosewood or maple fretboard , jumbo frets, into a hot rodded Marshall, 4x12 or 2x12 cab, EB strings and a few pedals(OD, tuner) and I'm good. Might change next week though, LOL.

• Members

can't seem to shake my love for mark IV's, and my 74 les paul deluxe that i've had since '03.

I've had my Mark IV since '98 and I don't see parting with it. I also love your 74 Deluxe. It prompted me to get something similar:

IMG_20111229_171608.jpg

• Members

Picks are about the only constant for my guitar stuff. I've gone through amps, axes, pedals, cabs, etc. The only thing that remains the same is using Dunlop Tortex 1.14mms (the purples). The 1mm (blues) do in a pinch. Sometimes I'll use something thinner (.08s or smaller) just because, but it's just for noodling around and experiments. Any time actual playing goes on, it's back to the 1.14s.

• Members

Most of my rig honestly.
The constants that I couldn't see changing in any scenario though are my Eclipse with Hellabucker/Duncan 59 and Korg Pitchblack.

I really dig my Line 6 wireless, Bad Horsie 2, Dispatch Master, MXR 10 band, Decimator, Pedal Power 2, HT-100, and my Randall 2x12s. However I could possibly see myself changing those things for various reasons but my my axe and tuner will always be there regardless.

Archived