what are the "constant" parts of your rig?

guitarbilly74

• Members

You know, something that will NEVER change no matter how old you get or what music style you will be playing?

I have 2:

Bad Horsie wah - I have mine since '96 and it's been through 100s of different rigs but it's always there.

Dunlop XL picks - I have been using them ever since they were released and would never even consider using a different pick.

Also in a different scale:

Gibson-style guitars: whether it's a LP, Explorer, SG or even the Hamer, my main guitar will ALWAYS be a short-scale, set-neck, mahogany guitar with humbuckers. I love Fenders etc on the side, but my main guitar will ALWAYS be a Gibson-style guitar.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've actually barely owned any of them (mainly due to budget though), but probably a delay pedal. I don't use them too often, but they're my favorite effect to experiment with and almost always give me new ideas. I'd like to have them in all my rigs.

• Members

erg.. pretty much everything, anymore- but i guess the amp might need to be louder if i ever played with new folks. but the LPC and the tele are staying, and i think the micro amp will be too. but amps are tools.. so at some point, mebbe i'd use something different.. but i know i'm not getting rid of the lil z. picks kinda haveta be herco EH thumbpicks.. i can't hold on to anything else :D

• Members

It's hard to imagine getting rid of most of it really...

I'm highly attached to my Mark III for home use & recording, also my VHT for playing live & recording. My cobra is the only one that doesn't see as much play time these days, but I feel like I'd regret letting it go.

I've got Splawn slant and straight cabs for playing live, although honestly I could live with just the straight one. The 2x12 is my home/recording cab, I can't see it going anywhere.

My Gutierrez and my tele are staying with me til I die. The rest of my guitars could probably come & go really.

I'm not super attached to any of my pedals, etc. but i'm happy with them so there's no need in upgrading or selling any of that.

• Members

My fingers

I can't imagine getting rid of my r30 because it's such a kick ass amp and makes a great apartment amp that's loud enough to jam with others. My gibson I'll likely keep forever as well because it will always make a solid backup.

As for the main rig though, there are two things that I CAN'T imagine getting rid of EVER and that's my 535q wah and my vs h2o. The rivera and LP I will likely replace eventually, 99% certain on the LP, but those two pedals I can't even see myself getting rid of.

• Members

Pretty much everything I've owned has fit in this category at one point.......... then got traded/sold.

If I had to pick, I imagine LP's will always hold a solid spot in my rig, even if they stray from my main axe for a bit, they always come back two weeks later. I like to think I'll be keeping the VH100R for a while?

• Members

Man, I can't think of anything that's like, "forever".

Maybe some sort of PRS? I've been playing them since 2001, and can't find anything I like better.

My longest tenured amp is my Tech 21 Trademark 60, and between the tones, functionality, weight, and my age, and the state of the low-volume clubs around here, I can't see myself playing anything else for a "loud" rig, anytime soon.

Archived