what are the "constant" parts of your rig?

guitarbilly74

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At present, I'd have to say my two USA Hamers. Despite the fact that I've had my current amps for quite a few years, and that I've got a pretty stable pedalboard now, after several years of building it up, at the moment, all of that stuff could be considered "up in the air" on any given day. Still haven't found the perfect rig for my tastes, and that's complicated by the fact that my tastes have been changing over the past few years.

But the Hamers aren't going anywhere, ever. This, I know. :cool:

• Members

At present, I'd have to say my two USA Hamers. Despite the fact that I've had my current amps for quite a few years, and that I've got a pretty stable pedalboard now, after several years of building it up, at the moment, all of that stuff could be considered "up in the air" on any given day. Still haven't found the perfect rig for my tastes, and that's complicated by the fact that my tastes have been changing over the past few years.

But the Hamers aren't going anywhere, ever. This, I know.
:cool:

You know what I like about you? Real talk, son: the Sisyphean boner of pure joie de vivre that gearwhoring gives you. You're never gonna be "done," or "satisfied," and you know it, but it's like Christmas and your birthday every time you find a weakness or chink in your sound. Gearwhoring at it's absolute finest. And the best part is, you're not cynical about it at all. You're so damn earnest and patient about the matter that it's cheerful, really. You're not jaded on tone, and after all these years, you still have a hobby you enjoy and the ability to pursue it. Keep chasing tone, bro. We rib you about it, but it's a beautiful thing, seeing someone get pleasure from a hobby. And you've totally shared it with the group, and gosh if we're not all better for it, gang. Seriously. You're the best kind of gearwhore. The best kind.

Real talk. Peace.

• Members

All of it. I haven't changed anything for a few years now. I found what works for me and decided not to bother searching for the holy grail of tone because it doesn't exist. I'd rather just play my guitars now rather than worry too much about how they sound.

• Members

My amps, pedals and guitars are always changing. The only thing that doesn't change is I always use Dunlop Tortex .70mm picks and Ernie Ball super slinky's. Also I have had the same old pos red guitar strap for 10+ years...Not even sure the brand.

I've been using the MXR 10 band eq for a while now..But recently quit because after I finally bought a guitar with EMGs I felt like my whole setup was too noisy to be boosted.

Archived