Grillsmen, I request your best burger recipe.

Crunchtime

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, who else read the thread title in Ziltoid's voice?
:o

Glad I wasn't alone. :wave:

I make my burgers with a 50/50 of ground sirloin and ground andouille. Sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, a tiny bit of superfine ground mustard, and worcestershire...Panko breadcumbs to thicken.

DO NOT BALL AND SMASH ON THE GRILL!!!!!

make patties beforehand to the correct shape. NEVER press while cooking.

• Members

Remember any spices or seasoning other than salt will burn and taste horrid. Always add any spices etc at the end or close to end of cooking the burger. Grind your own beef and salt it for about an hour before grinding. This will make it hold together so no need to add egg or any other binding {censored}.

• Members

Remember any spices or seasoning other than salt will burn and taste horrid. Always add any spices etc at the end or close to end of cooking the burger. Grind your own beef and salt it for about an hour before grinding. This will make it hold together so no need to add egg or any other binding shit.

Agree 100% on the binder.

Also, yes and no on spices burning. Surface rubs, yes. Mixed in? Not so much. :thu:

• Members

1lb Ground Bison (chuck is all we can get here)

1lb Ground Beef 70/30 (higher fat to equal out the lean Bison)

1 egg

2 tbsp Brown sugar

2 tbsp Worcester Sauce

1/2 tbsp sea salt (NOT iodized table salt)

1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper

1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese

Italian breadcrumbs to get material to usable consistency

edit: and a dash of Cavenders seasoning.

Makes 5 or 6 patties. Cook over lump charcoal. Toast buns. On cooler part of grill, cover patties with Muenster cheese while buns toast.

:thu:

that's almost exactly what I do too:thu:

• Members

Glad I wasn't alone.
:wave:

I make my burgers with a 50/50 of ground sirloin and ground andouille. Sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, a tiny bit of superfine ground mustard, and worcestershire...Panko breadcumbs to thicken.

DO NOT BALL AND SMASH ON THE GRILL!!!!!

make patties beforehand to the correct shape. NEVER press while cooking.

Makes me cringe when people do this and squeeze out all the magic sauce. :(

• Members

If you can get fresh ground beef, either Sirloin or other fairly balanced beef, and fresh bread crumbs.

I did ground ribeye, with some fresh breadcrumbs and an egg to bind. Cant remember which dry spices I through in, but it was probably salt/pepper/garlic/paprika combo.

Make about an hour ahead of time and let them setup, they'll hold together great and the fresh breadcrumbs make them uber tender.

• Members

also, try making 2 thin patties, layer shredded cheese, or whatever cheese you like on one, then press them together.

cheese stuffed patties arer the {censored}. last time we grilled we put cooked bacon bits in with the cheese. {censored}ing jizzable.

• Members

Some basics that I use, regardless of meat...

worcestershire sauce

montreal steak seasoning

garlic powder

egg

and then some sort of thing to mix in it...usually whatever we have. Last time it was spicy nacho doritos, but Ive also used chex mix, potato chips, breadcrumbs...just something to thicken it up with the egg and sauce in it...holds the burgers together.

Also, I usually use either martins potato rolls or hawaiian sweet rolls (they have burger buns now). And yeah, always ball them and flatten them BEFORE cooking. Then add whatever cheese you want. I like monster (muenster haha) cheese.

• Members

worcestershire sauce

montreal steak seasoning

garlic powder

and then some sort of thing to mix in it...usually whatever we have. Last time it was spicy nacho doritos, but Ive also used chex mix, potato chips, breadcrumbs...just something to thicken it up with the egg and sauce in it...holds the burgers together.

that's really all you ever need.

• Members

that's really all you ever need.

Yup, nice and simple. I find that if I start trying to experiment and add more than that it gets a funky flavor. I dont have a grill, so I cook them on an iron skillet...and they come out amazing.

I do really like having an egg in the mix, though.

• Members

Yup, nice and simple. I find that if I start trying to experiment and add more than that it gets a funky flavor. I dont have a grill, so I cook them on an iron skillet...and they come out amazing.

I do really like having an
egg
in the mix, though.

no thank you! :o:lol:

I just don't understand what it's even for? Can't be for flavor...to hold it together? That's what the breadcrumbs/crackers/etc are for...

• Members

what's with you all putting eggs in your ground beef
:freak:
Completely unnecessary

So what? Are you allergic?:poke:

Also, burger with a fried egg on top is awesome!!! Saw that at Red Robin and went OMG! WANT!!!

Usually I'm to lazy to do it at home...

Archived