Grillsmen, I request your best burger recipe.

Crunchtime

• Members

I am having a cookout tomorrow and want the burgers to pop. Looking for a new recipe.

Right now I'm leaning towards a 2 parts ground beef to 1 part ground pork combo. Not sure on the perfect seasoning.

What do you do when you want kick ass burgers.

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the 4th I just did some 50/50 beef-bison burgers with some finely chopped onions and a bit of garlic powder mixed in. Nothing fancy, but damn did they taste good. Throw a slice of cheese on just a bit before its done so it melts to perfection..... tasty. :love:

• Members

1lb Ground Bison (chuck is all we can get here)

1lb Ground Beef 70/30 (higher fat to equal out the lean Bison)

1 egg

2 tbsp Brown sugar

2 tbsp Worcester Sauce

1/2 tbsp sea salt (NOT iodized table salt)

1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper

1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese

Italian breadcrumbs to get material to usable consistency

edit: and a dash of Cavenders seasoning.

Makes 5 or 6 patties. Cook over lump charcoal. Toast buns. On cooler part of grill, cover patties with Muenster cheese while buns toast.

:thu:

• Members

1lb Ground Bison (chuck is all we can get here)

1lb Ground Beef 70/30 (higher fat to equal out the lean Bison)

1 egg

2 tbsp Brown sugar

2 tbsp Worcester Sauce

1/2 tbsp sea salt (NOT iodized table salt)

1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper

1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese

Italian breadcrumbs to get material to usable consistency

Makes 5 or 6 patties. Cook over lump charcoal. Toast buns. On cooler part of grill, cover patties with Muenster cheese while buns toast.

:thu:

Sounds good. I may try these seasons with my pork and beef combo. Don't have any buffalo on hand and want to use up what I got.

• Members

I usually just add Kosher salt (Course) and cracked black pepper, maybe some minced garlic or powdered garlic. If I want to make them zestier, I use a packet of Ranch mix to 1 lb of burger. The Lipton mixes are good too.

...oh, and don't overcook them or you'll end up with burger jerky on a bun

• Members

I like to hide boogers in one patty.

Of course, this goes without saying. Just don't forget which is the booger burger.

Also, before adding boogers, I like to cup my balls with the patty and just enjoy the cool meatiness.

• Members

What do you do when you want kick ass burgers.

i marinade the meat in worscestershire, olive oil, ital;ian dressing, and pepper. sometimes sriracha too.

if i didn't make em myself with garlic and onion, i use powders.

oh and montreal steak seasoning.

wait, i use oil and dressing on my steaks, not burgers.

• Members

Here's my recipe and they get rave reviews...

Meat in a bowl

Club crackers crushed/pulverized (to help hold it all together)

Worcestershire Sauce to taste

Pepper

Salt

Garlic Powder

Montreal Steak Seasoning

Mix it all together with your hands...Form them into balls, and then throw each ball into your hand about 20 times...this tenderizes it...form it into pattys, and grill.

• Members

Mix different types of ground beef. The stuff that's just labeled "ground meat" is often a mix of whatever's left (ground round, chuck, sirloin, etc.). I season heavily with smoked paprika and salt, with a touch of worscerstirea;ske and cayenne. Paprika's awesome in ground beef, real subtle. Don't handle the meat too much, use cold hands, put a dimple in the center like a red blood cell so it ends up flat after cooking. I like to make tiny ones with rolls of some kind so people can eat a bunch. Cook'em in a blistering inferno as fast as possible. Don't {censored} with condiments if you wanna focus on tasting charred cow.

• Members

Lately i've been adding shredded cheese into the mix. Like actually mixing it in with the ground beef... Toasting the bun is always a great idea. But yeah, the standards are worcestershire sauce, montreal steak seasoning, garlic, onion pieces, black pepper...

Archived