Gibby vs Epi

fretless

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched thru the Gibson standard demo and I thought it sounded great.. I have a 91 Les Paul studio that sounds absolutely {censored}ing great.. My buddy has a epi Les Paul.. One day we compared them.. It was no question that the Gibson sounded WAY better.. Not saying i haven't found some nice Epi's and also some {censored} Gibsons, but I do know my Studio is a phenomenal tone machine..

• Members

:lol:

I'm sure this statement is entirely true, and not just some kid trying to justify his Epiphone.

+1

Sound isn't everything. I've got some cheap guitars that for some reason record VERY well. But this {censored}ers are a chore to play sometimes.

Playing live is all about feel to me, and personally I'm a fender guy, but I don't know why I'm bringing up playing live. Plenty of people who own both don't play out.

• Members

+1

Sound isn't everything. I've got some cheap guitars that for some reason record VERY well. But this {censored}ers are a chore to play sometimes.

Playing live is all about feel to me, and personally I'm a fender guy, but I don't know why I'm bringing up playing live. Plenty of people who own both don't play out.

I never play out, and am simply trying to justify my Gibson.

• Members

An Epiphone with upgraded pickups is a decent guitar for sure, but still completely different than a Gibson. Just the nitro finish Gibson uses gives their guitars a completely different feel. Also the string spacing is completely different (Epi and Gibson parts are not interchangeable).

Epiphone made a lot of progress from their 80's/90's guitars but they're just different than Gibsons.

Archived