How do you rank Buffalo Wild Wings against other wings?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Domino's is more conservative than Chik Fil A. Why are you eating there?!?!?!
:mad:

Cause they aren't blowing up the news with their propaganda.

But I promise I'll think about that the next time I order wings from them.

{censored} dude...their wings are so good I almost don't even care.

SRSLY...try em!

• Members

They are pretty damn good IMO opinion. the best out of the big chains. Honestly haven't had a lot of experience with our local places to be honest, so its easy for me to say they are really good. just so many flavors.

plus there is one here, with so many TV's you had have to gouge your eyes out to not see a football game when you're there. :love:

• Members

Sub-par. Decent for a nationwide chain, but not decent.

3/10

All in relatively the right range, IMHO. The wings are all pre-cooked and sit around in warming bins getting soggy, and while they offer lots of flavors, none really stand out as being exceptional. I don't hate them, but they really are only above Hooters as a last resort if I want wings. Honestly, I typically avoid big chains anyway, quality is always a causality to large scale.

As for my own preference...only bone-in wing, no breading. The fatty skin is supposed to be there as part of the contrast of flavors and textures and to off-set the hot sauce.

• Members

they're meh to me.

like, the only time i ever went there was to watch UFC for free. once other people figured out they had UFC there, the place started getting packed and i quit going.

there's a local joint called american deli that i get wings to go from. owned by chinese/koreans with mexican cooks. :lol:

• Members

I don't particularly think their chicken is all that great (in fact, they can be downright dry at times), but I love a few of their sauces. Specifically the Wild and Spicy Garlic. I just buy the sauces and use them on my grilled chicken/pork at home.

I do like to go there from time to time as it's the most convenient place to get wings.

Oh, and if you don't eat them bone-in, you're not eating wings, you're eating chicken tenders. Not that there's anything wrong with chicken tenders...just don't call them wings because you put wing sauce on them.

• Members

For me, it's all about the flavors and the ranch/blue-cheese. So, the quality of the chicken really doesn't matter to me that much. If it's cooked well enough and not bleeding, I'm fine.

... and Wild Wings flavors were pretty damned good to me. (I say 'were' because they closed shop in Athens)

• Members

I liked Buffalo Wild Wings when it was BW3, (Wild Wings and Weck). Back then, they weren't a family restaurant where waitresses came and took your order. Around here at least, each BW3 was a completely different set-up/building, some really cool, and the menu wasn't like it is now...they used to have wings, burgers and some buffalito things...not this 10 page menu with shrimp, salads, kids' menu, etc... The restaurants all seem too similar now and the whole atmosphere has changed. Of course my kids like it, and we do go there, but "my" BW3 that we went to for years was closed, bulldozed and replaced with this bright, cheerful family place...Yay! Give me back my smoky, dark BW3 with the huge bar, with the emphasis on BEER and WINGS.

Much better wings at most any local bar around here...I do like the BWW sauces though, but the wings are always soggy. I am getting hungry for some mango hab and BLAZIN' right now .

• Members

I enjoy BWW chicken tenders from time to time. I don't like wings (I have this thing about eating meat off a bone....) and a couple of their sauces are pretty good. The mango-habanero is awesome.

So, I don't think of them too highly, just a fun place to occasionally go to drink some beer, eat some chicken tenders covered in tasty sauce and watch a game that I can't get at home.

I do enjoy the trivia game thingy though. I like places that have that stuff. :lol:

• Members

One plus about BWW is that they do (or at least the did last year) a Fantasy Football league thing where if you hold your fantasy draft live at BWW, they give you a league champ flag and some other {censored}, but most importantly, they give you ten $10 gift certificates for your league.

So, we had $100 in gift certificates to spend just for showing up. Pretty cool I guess (and a good way to get repeat business!).

• Members

best wings i have ever had, for some reason, are in chesapeake VA. wild wing cafe. chernobyl sauce. best combination of heat and flavor out there, and their wings are huge and cooked to perfection. meaning enough sauce, and i even get some extra, but still crispy. people overlook crispyness.

• Members

BWW is OK, but I had wings at a place in Memphis that were marinated in Guiness and were grilled instead of fried, and to this day I wake up craving those mofo's. I do like the BWW jerk wings, but their wings are like drinking a glass of motor oil. I just do not care for fried {censored} anymore I guess, and boneless wings are for whiney girls! Wet naps will take care of the mess pussies, chicken wings are all white meat, so the I don't like dark meet comments are full of fail:cop:

Archived