best cheap audio interface?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

tooooo late. see above.

just kind of getting into the computer recording thing for now. this is cheap enough to fit what im doing with my money right now, and also capable enough to last me until i really hunker down and start messing with a studio. this is really just for idea tracking, songwriting, etc.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

also the side effect is
hopefully someone else was wondering the same thing
and presto, they get recommendations and i get options to upgrade to in the future. win win.

this is me. I'm in the market for a good audio interface... But i use Windows 7 64 bit.

• Members

this is me. I'm in the market for a good audio interface... But i use Windows 7 64 bit.

What range are you referring to when saying good?

I have this one and I think it's really good. I also use Win 7 x64.

Fireface800-xlarge.jpg

On more of a budget this one is also good for the money and works fine in Windows 7 x64.

1258918104_firestudio_project-frnt_bck.j

• Members

I think they discontinued it now, but I loved the EMU 04040 USB I had. If you can find a used one, snag it. The PCI version is still being made though, and it wouldn't surprise me if you were able to find a USB version still boxed up that never got sold.

I've got a brand new one I never opened the box the on. Seriously. Make me a offer.

• Members

What range are you referring to when saying good?

I have this one and I think it's really good. I also use Win 7 x64.

Fireface800-xlarge.jpg

On more of a budget this one is also good for the money and works fine in Windows 7 x64.

1258918104_firestudio_project-frnt_bck.j

thank you. I'll be looking into that Pre Sonus some more. It's in my price range.

• Members

I'm thinking cheap.... like $150ish range. Right now i patch a mic through my old Digitech RP2000 (set on 'bypass' so there's no signal processing), then i patch the RP's headphone out into the line in port on my pc... ghetto. Anything would be better than this.

• Members

I'm thinking cheap.... like $150ish range. Right now i patch a mic through my old Digitech RP2000 (set on 'bypass' so there's no signal processing), then i patch the RP's headphone out into the line in port on my pc... ghetto. Anything would be better than this.

I'll sell you that brand new 0404 for $100, it's NIB, and cost me $200.

• Members

I would say Presonus Audiobox, but it only has XLR.

No it does. The XLR ports on the front are also 1/4" jacks (center). One is instrument one is line.

I personally have not had the greatest luck with the build quality of cheaper presonus stuff and the drivers for the studio live were less than great on mac (for me at least running with cubase).

But I do have a digimax D8 and to me the xmax stuff sounds better than the octanes on the profire I have.

• Members

go. usb is fine. 1/4 and XLR.

Don't know how many inputs you need, but if you only need two, definitely check out hte Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, a buddy of mine bought one so I could record him singing and playing acoustic and it is {censored}ing fantastic, the preamps sound {censored}ing great and it comes with some great software...everyone I've seen post that has one loves them, and they're $150 brand new, definitely check it out!

• Members

Stay away from the M Audio Fast Tracks. Pieces of Junk.

The cheap Tascam works really well, surprisingly.

I was thinking about the fast track pro. What issues did you have with it?

Lots of Focusrite love in here.....

• Members
I've got a brand new one I never opened the box the on. Seriously. Make me a offer.

I would, but I'm going to be getting the Yamaha THR10 in the near future (which doubles as an interface) and pretty much all I record these days is DI guitars, so it'd be redundant for me to have the EMU too. Thanks though! :thu:

• Members

I got a cheap EMU-0404 PCI card a long time ago and like it and still use it, but I've never recorded much and am not sure my opinion's worth the space these typed out letters are taking up.
:D

I've got the same card. The sound quality and performance is awesome, but that Patchmix software you have to use with it has always been a bitch for me. Any change in configuration takes me forever to get sorted out. Other than that though it's a pretty badass card for the money.

Archived