many men will not be getting their Cameron Amplifier from el jefe....

donbarzini

• Members

Brad banning people, deleting posts and then locking the thread on Rig-Talk makes him look even worse in the situation IMO. As a business partner he would be better off just stating his position (or not saying anything at all) then staying the hell out of the thread. Let people post their opinions and discuss it in their own manner. Real businesses and business owners don't get into pissing matches on internet forums.

Banning members and locking threads because you don't like the subject matter as a business will do nothing but hurt your reputation. I personally didn't see anything in that thread on Rig-Talk that warranted a lock on the thread.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brad banning people, deleting posts and then locking the thread on Rig-Talk makes him look even worse in the situation IMO. As a business partner he would be better off just stating his position (or not saying anything at all) then staying the hell out of the thread. Let people post their opinions and discuss it in their own manner. Real businesses and business owners don't get into pissing matches on internet forums.

Banning members and locking threads because you don't like the subject matter as a business will do nothing but hurt your reputation. I personally didn't see anything in that thread on Rig-Talk that warranted a lock on the thread.

"Will post once again a detailed answer tonight, on the road this morning.

Brad"

Theres an open thread about this thread on RT right now, he hasn't banned anyone.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122245

• Members

Finally something I can comment on...

...Holland...

...Zwengel...

Mike Holland is still making and selling amps, mainly to blues guys over Facebook. One of my best friends tours throughout the midwest with a custom combo he got from Mike, and he swears by it. So, Holland is still in the game but under the radar.

Carl Zwengel never fully recovered from the "Scameron" he pulled on a fellow HCAF member, in addition to a few other curve balls. Last I heard, he still does amp repairs for local players. I recently found out that he may have finally finished his design for a multi-channel amp, but he's got a long way to go before his internet reputation allows for any sales.

• Members

Go back to Rig Talk {censored}stick. You are a worthless piece of dog {censored}ing {censored}. How can you even speak with el jefe's dick shoved down your geriatric throat. Everyone know's about your trist with him. Sue me for saying that. I dare you.

Phwoar, stand back everyone. We've got a couple of {censored}in' geniuses at work here!

• Members

I seem to recall that when Brad first bought out the Cameron designs and he agreed to "try" and make it right for those that were screwed, his plan was to get up and running sell the first 10 (or what ever the break even point was) and then build the next batch for those that were without. I don't recall any mention of instead of paying Mark, or in lieu of paying Mark, that he was going to build the amps for those that lost out.

Even with that consideration, I still find it strange that he would have that agreement. You buy the designs, publicly state that you'll make the investors (which is what the original amp buyers were) whole, and move on. I'm not really sure what Mark's pay has to do with it, especially now that he isn't involved. They are still selling the designs that he made.

I think that the real issue is that the price point is too high. I think that the amp is around a $2200 amp, $2800 at most and at the price point, he would sell a lot more. I don't know what their overhead is though, so it is possible that there really isn't a profit at that price point.

With all of this said, when I've traded amps with Brad, he was also just and held up his end of the bargain, so I personally don't have anything against the guy. I just think that the company isn't making money and he isn't going to be able to fulfill his promise, though I truly believe that he wants to (that is my opinion of course).

• Members

I think that the real issue is that the price point is too high. I think that the amp is around a $2200 amp, $2800 at most and at the price point, he would sell a lot more. I don't know what their overhead is though, so it is possible that there really isn't a profit at that price point.

I agree with that. Compare any amp to what an amp like the Mesa Mark V or Fryette Sig X offers and they'd all be over-priced in comparison. But a small 3 man company isn't going to produce enough/sell enough to operate on comparable margins as other big companies...it's reflected in the price. Another example would be Splawn. I love Splawns, but you don't get nearly as much feature-wise at the same price point as Mesa or Fryette.

• Members

Kingguitars.com and Brad King will scam you. Do not buy from his scam. He's a liar and a cheat.

King Guitar and Cameron Amplification are mutually exclusive businesses. That is why I am saying you are making libelous statements. You can't prove that King Guitar has ever done anything illegal or untoward. You can't prove King Guitar has ever scammed anyone. You can't prove Brad King is a cheat. This is libel, pure and simple. I'm not going to get into another pissing match with you. I'm just pointing out the facts around your statements.

I have done numerous deals with Brad. I did deals with him as an individual, before his Cameron Amp venture. I purchased a CCV from him through his Cameron Amps venture. I just purchased a Matchless from him through King Guitar. Brad has always been great to deal with. My recent experience with him when buying the Matchless was nothing short of extraordinary. The guy went out of his way to make the deal go the way I needed it to go, including ensuring I would have it by the date I needed it and quarterbacking getting Phil Jamison to get me some very specific documentation I needed. Brad goes out of his way to ensure great service to his King Guitar customers, and I guarantee you he will beat anybody else's price.

Say what you want about Cameron Amps - I don't particularly care and am not going to get into arguments about the features of a contractual arrangement with Mark Cameron that nobody here has ever seen or fully understands.

However, I do believe it is inappropriate and unfair to paint Brad's King Guitar business with the same brush as Cameron Amps. Give the guy a break; he's trying hard to establish an upstart business, and he's treating his customers more than fairly in doing so. Given the current economy and the challenges a new business owner faces, I would think you could appreciate how damaging your baseless comments about King Guitar are. And, I would like to believe that, behind all of the nonsensical posts you make (and are free to do so), you really are an intelligent individual that wants to treat others with the same respect you would appreciate receiving.

• Members

In fact, your comments were very specifically aimed at Brad's business, King Guitar:

King Guitar and Cameron Amplification are mutually exclusive businesses. That is why I am saying you are making libelous statements. You can't prove that King Guitar has ever done anything illegal or untoward. You can't prove King Guitar has ever scammed anyone. You can't prove Brad King is a cheat. This is libel, pure and simple. I'm not going to get into another pissing match with you. I'm just pointing out the facts around your statements.

I have done numerous deals with Brad. I did deals with him as an individual, before his Cameron Amp venture. I purchased a CCV from him through his Cameron Amps venture. I just purchased a Matchless from him through King Guitar. Brad has always been great to deal with. My recent experience with him when buying the Matchless was nothing short of extraordinary. The guy went out of his way to make the deal go the way I needed it to go, including ensuring I would have it by the date I needed it and quarterbacking getting Phil Jamison to get me some very specific documentation I needed. Brad goes out of his way to ensure great service to his King Guitar customers, and I guarantee you he will beat anybody else's price.

Say what you want about Cameron Amps - I don't particularly care and am not going to get into arguments about the features of a contractual arrangement with Mark Cameron that
nobody
here has ever seen or fully understands.

However, I do believe it is inappropriate and unfair to paint Brad's King Guitar business with the same brush as Cameron Amps. Give the guy a break; he's trying hard to establish an upstart business, and he's treating his customers more than fairly in doing so. Given the current economy and the challenges a new business owner faces, I would think you could appreciate how damaging your baseless comments about King Guitar are. And, I would like to believe that, behind all of the nonsensical posts you make (and are free to do so), you really are an intelligent individual that wants to treat others with the same respect you would appreciate receiving.

Keep swallowing his man milk, and having the KING'S balls slapping your chin.

• Members
"Will post once again a detailed answer tonight, on the road this morning.

Brad"

Theres an open thread about this thread on RT right now, he hasn't banned anyone.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122245

The thread on Rig-Talk that started this thread is locked. Supposedly it had deleted posts and someone banned. I can see why the other one is still up. All the posts are pretty much kissing Brads ass.:)

• Members

Say what you want about Cameron Amps - I don't particularly care and am not going to get into arguments about the features of a contractual arrangement with Mark Cameron that
nobody
here has ever seen or fully understands.

Hmmm. Not true.

• Members

Keep swallowing his man milk, and having the KING'S balls slapping your chin.

You truly are so stupid, you don't even realize how stupid you are.

However, I suppose there are plenty of members here on the Highschool Confidential Adolescent Forum that think these kinds of posts are witty. It's sad, really.

• Members
The thread on Rig-Talk that started this thread is locked. Supposedly it had deleted posts and someone banned. I can see why the other one is still up. All the posts are pretty much kissing Brads ass.
:)

The thread i posted was started lastnite and the OP provided a HC link to this thread.

Cameron and others have been stirring the pot for months. Scameron was doing the same thing at the Metroforum where George locked the thread.

George & Brad can run their forums the way they want as far as im concerned.

• Members

However, I suppose there are plenty of members here on the Highschool Confidential Adolescent Forum that think these kinds of posts are witty. It's sad, really.

My only HC regret is that i can't punch Blowvalve in the mouth several times with great predujice. :freak:

• Members

I And, I would like to believe that, behind all of the nonsensical posts you make (and are free to do so), you really are an intelligent individual that wants to treat others with the same respect you would appreciate receiving.

he's more intelligent than you. For example, he buys a Marshall when he wants a Marshall tone, not a $3000 amp surrounded by shady business practices. :thu:

I don't care what the contract says. I am pretty sure Brad was wise enough to hire a good lawyer to write up the contract in a way he's not really responsible for {censored}. Douchebags and their lawyers, how do they work?

Anyway, {censored} this whole custom amp {censored}. If the guy can't afford to start a company properly and doing what he publicly promised he would do to clean up the {censored}ty brand name he purchased, he can stay out of the amp business for all I care. No one will miss him. There are plenty of great amps to go around without having to deal with any of this {censored}.

You talk like the guy is doing the world a favor by making Cameron amps a reality. Truth is, no one cares, except for a few old {censored}s on the internet struggling with their middle aged crisis and trying to relive the good ol days (some of whom already got burned by this whole Cameron {censored}).

• Members

Go {censored} yourself and get lost. You obviously think we're beneath you and I think you're a douche. :thu:

We're all content here without the bull{censored} rig talk drama that you failures can't seem to contain within Brad's forum.

• Members

Why would I cut brad any slack? this is the same classless loser that forced a rigtalk member to sell his main amplifier to reimburse said loser for expensive shipping charges that the seller did not intend to incur. brad provided a fedex account number to the RT member to ship that Mesa cabinet, and said RT member wasn't an expert with dealing with fedex. the employee at the shipping location steered the guy toward the forms they had available, which happened to be Airbills, and then Brad brought his lawyer in to steamroll the poor dude in to selling his main amp to pay Brad back. Having worked for UPS store in college, that was standard procedure, and I can easily see the mixup. It was a douchebag move, and I really don't think anyone should feel bad for Brad King.

Starting a high end guitar shop was his choice, and I really don't care if it fails. The story above is why I think Brad cheated the guy out of his amp, and is simply my opinion.

To respond to the last part of your statement: You're clearly wrong. I'm in no way intelligent, nor do I pretend to be.

• Members

So you're willing to risk arrest and incarceration, and willing to pay for a plane ticket, in order to kick the ass of the guy who bought the company from the guy that screwed you?

Seems reasonable...

If I had $2-3 grand tied up in something I paid for & never recieved, yes.

• Members

If I had $2-3 grand tied up in something I paid for & never recieved, yes.

Don't even bother with these rig-talk douches. They can't seem to comprehend that we don't go over there to start problems, yet they come bring their bull{censored} over here. then they get riled up when we blast them with our normal hcaf ways, and they try to belittle us. Yeah, we know how we act. That's why we keep it here, and don't invade their {censored}ty forum. We all consent to dealing with and acting like retards. I mean {censored} man, we put up with charveldan on a daily basis. we take that hit for the rest of the interwebz.

• Members

Don't even bother with these rig-talk douches. They can't seem to comprehend that we don't go over there to start problems, yet they come bring their bull{censored} over here. then they get riled up when we blast them with our normal hcaf ways, and they try to belittle us. Yeah, we know how we act. That's why we keep it here, and don't invade their {censored}ty forum. We all consent to dealing with and acting like retards. I mean {censored} man, we put up with charveldan on a daily basis. we take that hit for the rest of the interwebz.

It rolls right off me brah. I dont got a dog in the fight. Just my opinion. People who f*ck others out of goods /money piss me off. I'm old school. You take care of me & I'll be the best customer that my wallet allows. Screw me over.. that's another story.

• Members

You act like a child and we all put up with that too. :o:o:o:o:o

Archived