many men will not be getting their Cameron Amplifier from el jefe....

donbarzini

• Members

then there's also the type who actually CAN play, but don't. Every time you talk to them, they're involved on a "project" with (insert cousin/brother/uncle of a washed-up has-been musician/producer) and it's going to be HUGE blah blah... except that you don't hear about a single gig or actual recording. Just daydreaming and spending tons of money on {censored} they will never actually use outside their home lol

man I could go on forever about this {censored}, it's funny as hell :lol:

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

then there's also the type who actually CAN play, but don't. Every time you talk to them, they're involved on a "project" with (insert cousin/brother/uncle of a washed-up has-been musician/producer) and it's going to be HUGE blah blah... except that you don't hear about a single gig or actual recording. Just daydreaming and spending tons of money on {censored} they will never actually use outside their home lol

man I could go on forever about this {censored}, it's funny as hell
:lol:

Yep, I know those types too. We need cartoon depictions of the various types of L.A. wankers.

• Members

Brad has always been cool with me. He had a sliding rack shelf for sale a long time ago and I wanted to buy it. I pm'd and said I would take it. Turns out my daughter who has a medical condition got very sick that night and we had to spend the night in the hospital. I contacted Brad and told him I was sorry but my daughter was sick and I wouldnt be able to buy the rack drawer from him. He sent the rack shelf to me anyways for FREE and told me take the money I was going to spend on the rack shelf and buy my daughter something nice. That meant ALOT to me for him to do that

I cant say anything bad about the guy. I think he gets a bad rap mainly because people actually DONT know him and may have a bit of jealousy due to his business success

Mark Cameron on the other hand...

Only thing about Brad and Mark is...if you play in the mud youre gonna get dirty

• Members

man I could go on forever about this {censored}, it's funny as hell
:lol:

Since when did you have it in for the bedroom players. You're usually such a chilled out, live and let live type of guy.

Where did this "I'm a better, more professional player who doesn't spend as much money on gear" mean streak attitude come from?

Very UN-Billy, imo. :confused:

FWIW, I play out pretty often. :thu:

• Members

Brad has always been cool with me. He had a sliding rack shelf for sale a long time ago and I wanted to buy it. I pm'd and said I would take it. Turns out my daughter who has a medical condition got very sick that night and we had to spend the night in the hospital. I contacted Brad and told him I was sorry but my daughter was sick and I wouldnt be able to buy the rack drawer from him. He sent the rack shelf to me anyways for FREE and told me take the money I was going to spend on the rack shelf and buy my daughter something nice. That meant ALOT to me for him to do that

I cant say anything bad about the guy. I think he gets a bad rap mainly because people actually DONT know him and may have a bit of jealousy due to his business success

Mark Cameron on the other hand...

Only thing about Brad and Mark is...if you play in the mud youre gonna get dirty

wow, that's a pretty damn decent thing to do. normally i'm not one to take one gesture and have it change my opinion on someone, but you won't hear anything else from me regarding Brad King. That's solid.

• Members

Since when did you have it in for the bedroom players. You're usually such a chilled out, live and let live type of guy.

Where did this "I'm a better, more professional player who doesn't spend as much money on gear" mean streak attitude come from?

Very UN-Billy, imo.
:confused:

FWIW, I play out pretty often.
:thu:

I don't think that he's calling out bedroom players. He's calling out guys that are always talking a BIG game and never make it out of the bedroom.

• Members

wow, that's a pretty damn decent thing to do. normally i'm not one to take one gesture and have it change my opinion on someone, but you won't hear anything else from me regarding Brad King. That's solid.

This is why I like Dave. He'll come in fists swinging and cock thrusting, throwing one in your mouth and one up your ass (as to which goes where depends on the day). However, should reasonable evidence be presented, he'll actually take it into consideration and grow a little as a human being.

Which is just plain {censored}ed up, in this day and age.

• Members

Need to update the Cork Sniffer magazine meme. 80's douchebag edition haha.

"$5k mods to help with your mid life crisis."

"Fitting back into your zebra stripped pants"

"The only 3 EVH licks you'll ever need to know"

"Hair Care products review"

• Members

This is why I like Dave. He'll come in fists swinging and cock thrusting, throwing one in your mouth and one up your ass (as to which goes where depends on the day). However, should reasonable evidence be presented, he'll actually take it into consideration and grow a little as a human being.

Which is just plain {censored}ed up, in this day and age.

You sure have a way with words BrendanBrO. :lol:

• Members

Very UN-Billy, imo.
:confused:

FWIW, I play out pretty often.

I don't have anything against bedroom players, actually. Some of my best buddies play at home and I stop by and jam with them whenever I can, have some beers and {censored}, it's all good. :thu:

Just don't like the ones that think they're the "elite" because they buy expensive {censored}, do nothing with it AND look down on guys who are actually trying to do something with whatever they have.

If they're chill, I'm chill. Don't really care where you play. But you should see the extreme arrogance of some of these guys.

• Members

The whole cameron situation is sad.
Yes .Brad is stuck with the name and what goes along with it.
You can't get blood from a stone though ,Mark Cameron is essentially Bankrupt. His company was sold.

There could be potential legal headaches for "Cameron amplification". Perhaps in hindsight Brad should have bought the designs and dissolved the company , started his own called king amps.

In all threads Brad states he would TRY to help those guys Mark scammed even those he was not obligated to.

No one knows the deal that went down but Brad, but rest assured having Freidman, Metro/RJM on the payroll was not cheap .Plus Mark would have had to be paid for his designs all the legal fees etc.

Brads first priority is to the guys that PAID HIM.not settling 5 year old grievances with Mark.

Surreal was in a very similar spot , He got bad press thanks to working with Mark and trying to stay afloat.

The bottom line is Mark screwed at lot of people, The ones on his side saying Brad stole his designs have no idea ,I am sure Mark made money and probably squandered it like everytime before. Mark SOLD his designs to buy food pay rent whatever .

Brads biggest mistake perhaps was mentioning he would try to help people and compensate them for a loss that was really none of his responsibility ..and thats kind sad

• Members

I don't have anything against bedroom players, actually. Some of my best buddies play at home and I stop by and jam with them whenever I can, have some beers and {censored}, it's all good.

Just don't like the ones that think they're the "elite" because they buy expensive {censored}, do nothing with it
AND
look down on guys who are actually trying to do something with whatever they have.

If they're chill, I'm chill. Don't really care where you play. But you should see the extreme arrogance of some of these guys.

Yeah, I guess I can't totally relate to the LA scene. In Jerkwater, pretty much everybody plays a Line 6 Spyder combo. (with the exception of Loop and his guys, me, the cougar Hunter guys, and a few others)

If you show up with a Bogner, they look at you like you're Prince Harry.

• Members

Yeah, I guess I can't totally relate to the LA scene. In Jerkwater, pretty much everybody plays a Line 6 Spyder combo.

If you show up with a Bogner, they look at you like you're Prince Harry.

Could I show up with a 5150 and be treated like someone who was a guest star on an episode of Law and Order: SVU?

Archived