are you guys having the HARDEST time selling gear right now?

guitarbilly74

• Members
Not really, it took me 3 {censored}ing months to sell those speakers and I ended up selling 2 for the price of 1, roughly. But at least it went to a HCAF bro so {censored}ing A
:love:

But yeah, I don't think I am being unreasonable with any of my prices (see sig) but still. I've been trying to sell that {censored}ing EMG for 2 months now for less than half of the new price, still nothing. It's ridiculous, I have never seen anything like this. Back in the day, 2 weeks was a long time, now {censored} just sits for months.

Is your super distortion F-spaced?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's simple. It's just the same as the housing market.

Anyone who wants to buy is insisting on it being so cheap, it's not worth the seller to sell. Bleat on as much as you like about "it's only worth what people will pay"...nah, it's worth what I decide it's worth
:D
It's not worth selling for silly money, so it may as well hang around a while. It's not hurting anything by doing so. The prospect of selling nicer gear these days is either having to sell for peanuts, or put up with lamers wanting trades with their beat up old squiers or demanding you accept 1/4 of what they're advertising it for. So why bother? May as well keep it around IMO.

Same with housing (in the UK at least). The nicer properties aren't on the market because people won't sell in a recession for crap money - who would? Therefore, all you get is the crap that either needs a lot of work or knocking to the ground.

It's a crap time to sell, so just keep what you've got. It's a crap time to buy, so either save and buy new or improvise.

That's all fine until a seller really NEEDS money because the economy is bad. Having it just "hang around" might not be an option...and it ever being valued like it was in the past might not be happening either.

• Members

I'm doing OK with guitar gear... It's the synths that absolutely refuse to sell.

In the past couple weeks I've sold a Strat, traded an RG for an amp, and snagged an awesome Flying V off of eBay. I also picked up a 70's Tribute Firebird a couple weeks ago, but that's going back to GC.

For synths, I've had a couple of really nice ones for sale for months now with barely a nibble. And my prices are LOW compared to new.

• Members

the problem is that CL is full of retarded bottom feeders. not guys looking for a cool piece of gear. but mostly guys wanting to buy low and flip stuff for a little cash. so if your price isn't low, you won't get bites. I sell most of my stuff here on the detroit metro CL well under what you'd find prices in other places and my stuff usually sells within 24 hours. be it a amp, guitar, accessories, etc.

• Members

the problem is that CL is full of retarded bottom feeders. not guys looking for a cool piece of gear. but mostly guys wanting to buy low and flip stuff for a little cash. so if your price isn't low, you won't get bites. I sell most of my stuff here on the detroit metro CL well under what you'd find prices in other places and my stuff usually sells within 24 hours. be it a amp, guitar, accessories, etc.

I guess it depends on where you are at. Here in L.A. that's definitely not the case, there are tons of musicians on CL and I've had luck with it (buying and selling) until recently. It just dried up the last 6 months or so. I really think people are seriously {censored}ing broke, I've never seen anything like this.

• Members

I really think people are seriously {censored}ing broke, I've never seen anything like this.

This.

For instance, if that new Peavey autodouche guitar came out 2 or 3 years ago I would have dropped $500 for one without giving it a second thought despite the fact that it has 24 frets and is made of asswood. Now I can't even add another $129 AMT pedal to my collection without destroying my budget, even though I'm making several grand more than I was a few years ago.

I've had two back-to-back record high utility bills, gas is at $4/gallon, the city has hit me with $400 in specials three years in a row, a can of soup is $1.74, olololololol.......What it ultimately boils down to: no money for new gear.

First world problems, I know. CSB. Ima d-bag, etc.

• Members

This.

For instance, if that new Peavey autodouche guitar came out 2 or 3 years ago I would have dropped $500 for one without giving it a second thought despite the fact that it has 24 frets and is made of asswood. Now I can't even add another $129 AMT pedal to my collection without destroying my budget, even though I'm making several grand more than I was a few years ago.

I've had two back-to-back record high utility bills, gas is at $4/gallon, the city has hit me with $400 in specials three years in a row, a can of soup is $1.68, olololololol.......What it ultimately boils down to: no money for new gear.

First world problems, I know. CSB. Ima d-bag, etc.

Hear ya man. No raise or bonus for me the last two years while all my bills continue to get higher. Doesnt leave much room for new toys unless I sell stuff to get it :cry:

• Members

yeah I've been seeing your Randalls on CL for what...6 months now? And you're asking a good price for them too. It's {censored}ing hopeless.

Yeah ive had them up as feelers I guess , not gonna rape the buyer on price and nor will I give them away, so I just throw up an amp up there every so often. never get any real offers though, last ones were trades for a dual core pc and MG halfstack :facepalm:

They'll sell when they sell I guess. Seems the only stuff that sells well are the steals. The popular maps like 5150s seem to be less for sale too, I guess less people see a point in trying to get the price they want?

Archived