are you guys having the HARDEST time selling gear right now?

guitarbilly74

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am. I've never seen anything even close to this. Even cheap {censored} like pickups etc are taking MONTHS to sell. Been running ads here, CL with zero bites. Is the economy really
this
{censored}ed up?

Yes, it.seriously.is. Politics aside, unless.thnigs change soon, whatever that entails, we are screwed.

• Members

Yea, but not even just selling. BUYING gear is tough too. I'm in the market for a cheap, used 2x12. There hasn't been anything on my local Craigslist in MONTHS. Even in the bigger Milwaukee/Madison metros. Nothing. It's all beat up old clarinets and non functional Behringer pedals. Just pure crap.

• Members

It's simple. It's just the same as the housing market.

Anyone who wants to buy is insisting on it being so cheap, it's not worth the seller to sell. Bleat on as much as you like about "it's only worth what people will pay"...nah, it's worth what I decide it's worth :D It's not worth selling for silly money, so it may as well hang around a while. It's not hurting anything by doing so. The prospect of selling nicer gear these days is either having to sell for peanuts, or put up with lamers wanting trades with their beat up old squiers or demanding you accept 1/4 of what they're advertising it for. So why bother? May as well keep it around IMO.

Same with housing (in the UK at least). The nicer properties aren't on the market because people won't sell in a recession for crap money - who would? Therefore, all you get is the crap that either needs a lot of work or knocking to the ground.

It's a crap time to sell, so just keep what you've got. It's a crap time to buy, so either save and buy new or improvise.

• Members

Anyone who wants to buy is insisting on it being so cheap, it's not worth the seller to sell. Bleat on as much as you like about "it's only worth what people will pay"...nah, it's worth what I decide it's worth
:D
It's not worth selling for silly money, so it may as well hang around a while. It's not hurting anything by doing so. The prospect of selling nicer gear these days is either having to sell for peanuts, or put up with lamers wanting trades with their beat up old squiers or demanding you accept 1/4 of what they're advertising it for. So why bother? May as well keep it around IMO.

Same with housing (in the UK at least). The nicer properties aren't on the market because people won't sell in a recession for crap money - who would? Therefore, all you get is the crap that either needs a lot of work or knocking to the ground.

It's a crap time to sell, so just keep what you've got. It's a crap time to buy, so either save and buy new or improvise.

Yep, that's a pretty sensible explanation for the phenomenon. If your instrument/piece of gear is already paid in full, unless you are in dire need of cash right now, it's definitely better to keep it than sell it at a loss you can't accept.

• Members

Coming from someone who is killing it selling real estate right now I don't think its fair to lump the housing and used gear markets together. I'm routinely dealing with multiple full priced offers and over asking price offers. There is a lot of pent up demand plus rates are low right now.

Selling used gear is a totally different story.

• Members

Anyone who wants to buy is insisting on it being so cheap, it's not worth the seller to sell. Bleat on as much as you like about "it's only worth what people will pay"...nah, it's worth what I decide it's worth
:D
It's not worth selling for silly money, so it may as well hang around a while. It's not hurting anything by doing so. The prospect of selling nicer gear these days is either having to sell for peanuts, or put up with lamers wanting trades with their beat up old squiers or demanding you accept 1/4 of what they're advertising it for. So why bother? May as well keep it around IMO.

I am pissed about the housing market I have been looking and it's way over priced crap in my home town.

I cant see a decent house under

• Members

i have buyers, but they are all pain in the ass "oh, can you drive across town and meet me, my sister's in the hospital and blah blah blah" types.

actually, of my current round of gear for sale, ive had decent luck. the items i didnt think would sell AT ALL went first. go figure.

• Members

i have buyers, but they are all pain in the ass "oh, can you drive across town and meet me, my sister's in the hospital and blah blah blah" types.

actually, of my current round of gear for sale, ive had decent luck. the items i didnt think would sell AT ALL went first. go figure.

I love those types :facepalm:. Hey asshole, sell me the gear for 1/2 of what you are asking and meet me in bum{censored} nowhere 3 hours from where this is listed.

• Members

I find that it really depends on what you are selling... Somethings I have sell super fast, others sell very slowly... Take for example, I have a Planet Waves Strobe tuner that was designed for a desk. It is super accurate, and I have listed it for $25, but what I have found is that no one has even heard of it. If it was a Korg or a Peterson or something like that, I know that I would be able to sell it. Hell, my Turbo Tuner sold within hours of me posting it...

Cole

Archived