Why are my facebook friends telling me to read romans 1 b4 I vote?

primeholy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State

• Members

You know, I prefer to read the writings of the founding fathers, you know the ones who actually wrote the documents that our entire government stands on today.

Now THAT makes sense, since the founding fathers believed that only a privileged minority should be allowed to have any say.

• Members

You know, I prefer to read the writings of the founding fathers, you know the ones who actually wrote the documents that our entire government stands on today.

We have come a long way since then. Some good and some bad. I doubt the foundng fathers would recognise the nation we have become. I do believe that we were founeded using Christian ideals, and are considered by most of the rest of the world as a Christian nation. Especially by radical Islamic groups.

• Members

Now THAT makes sense, since the founding fathers believed that only a privileged minority should be allowed to have any say.

Does that have anything to do with the discussion at hand? There's a difference between walking a political line to please those who could create or destroy the nation (the land-owning, slave-owning, white male majority) and taking a stand (in the case of the separation of church and state).

• Members
I'm less concerned with what the rest of the world thinks, especially those with diametrically opposed viewpoints. We have enough trouble with our own political divide within our own citizenship without worrying about "radical Islam." The boogeyman argument is what has caused a lot of our issues in the past 20+ years, and it isn't doing us any good to continue to turn our opponents, domestically and internationally, into villians.

Well, the boogieman didn't blow up the twin towers, attack the USS Cole, or kill our Ambassador & drag his body thru the street. :cop:

Can't stick your head in the sand and ignore the rest of the world. The days of isolationism are long gone Mr. Monroe :wave:

• Members

At the risk of sounding dumb (awp...too late! :) )...

could anyone say what modern Christian thoughts and voting has done to damage our country?

I realize abortion could be one....but I would vote against abortion, not because of Christianity, but because I do not believe in killing any innocent life, be it a puppy or unborn baby. (Okay fine...I likes me bacon! :facepalm: But you know what I mean)

I myself don't really feel too much wrath of Christians...but I'm open to correction.

• Members

I can't believe after what Bush did to this country in just 8 years why anyone would still vote Republican.

You do realize that most of the people that voted for him still think he was a great president, and they are saying the same thing now about people who are voting for Obama again.

It doesn't matter anyway. The only thing that will change is the smile.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill

View Post

The USA needs to build replicas of Nazi Death Camps and ship all of the kooky KKKristians off to them. One healthy dose of Zyklon B and they go all go party with teh Baby Jebus!! Everybody wins! love.gifwave.gif

idea.gif

Keeps eye contact while backing away slowy.

Ok, dude. Sounds good.

• Members

View Post

The USA needs to build replicas of Nazi Death Camps and ship all of the kooky KKKristians off to them. One healthy dose of Zyklon B and they go all go party with teh Baby Jebus!! Everybody wins! love.gifwave.gif

idea.gif

No Israel just needs to quit being pussies and just bomb the dome of the rock. Then we can take all of our christians, jews, and muslims, and arm them to the teeth and ship 'em to the middle east, and let them have at it finally. They just need to all get it out of their system, and stop blowing {censored} up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel

View Post

We have come a long way since then. Some good and some bad. I doubt the foundng fathers would recognise the nation we have become. I do believe that we were founeded using Christian ideals, and are considered by most of the rest of the world as a Christian nation. Especially by radical Islamic groups.

Radical Muslims aren't known for being always being correct in their beliefs. Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

• Members

View Post

idea.gif

Nice. Hitler.

Archived