Why are my facebook friends telling me to read romans 1 b4 I vote?

primeholy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel

View Post

um.....what happened there ?

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes poke.gif

It's called a typo. You have one in your other post too. Anyway, to say that this country was founded solely on christian principles is incorrect. I'd say there are some shared ideas in there, but for the most part its a mix of ideas that come from different places.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by exafro

View Post

It's called a typo. You have one in your other post too. Anyway, to say that this country was founded solely on christian principles is incorrect. I'd say there are some shared ideas in there, but for the most part its a mix of ideas that come from different places.

sorry, don't get fluffy about it, just forgot to put the smile.gif by it

As for this post....................no that's just wrong.

Firast, I never said the US was founded "solely" on christian principals. I would say a great majority of the ideas

in the DoI & Constitution are based on judeo-christian beliefs. can't find much secularism in there

• Members

I just read Romans one, it turns out that Jesus went back in time, did Mary and is his own father. It also turns out that Judas found out that Jesus was getting ready to hire a hitman to take out Peter who was sleeping with Jesus' mom which was causing a lot of strife between them. Jesus wasn't having that, so he hired this Roman gladiator to take out Peter. Judas was Peter's bro, so he did what any bro would do when his bro's life was in danger. He told the man. Mary looked at Jesus and realized that he was the man she had done that night many years ago and lost her mind. Jesus gave her another ride which calmed her only slightly just before Paul who had a thing for Mary caught them together. Just as things get really weird, Obama comes back in time and kills the gladiator, and saves Peter just as the Romans grab Jesus and take him away for the attempted murder. Obama not realizing who Jesus is, gives a quippy one liner, "That's for my communist buddies who want to steal from hard working american small businessmen and give money to the lazy bums."

It ends with George W. Bush coming in at the last minute and saving Jesus and sending a defeated Obama back to the future while riding a white horse named freedom. George W. Bush also makes sure that the hard working small business owners aren't oppressed anymore by taking away any freedom to privacy that people use to hide their terrorism while making sure that the lazy bums who do the unskilled jobs and work themselves to early graves aren't forming unions or stealing hard earned money for wasteful things like food and medicine. His last words are, "Jesus, you owe America. Give us freedom from pesky business regulation and deliver us from personal freedom. Amen!"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by carvinlegacy99

View Post

No Israel just needs to quit being pussies and just bomb the dome of the rock. Then we can take all of our christians, jews, and muslims, and arm them to the teeth and ship 'em to the middle east, and let them have at it finally. They just need to all get it out of their system, and stop blowing {censored} up.

The logic is sound.

My only point of contention is that we should arm them well enough to completely eliminate each other. Not just "get it out of their system". Then we'll have a whole bunch of oil and lots of free parking for Europeans on holiday.

• Members

A lot of people are 'single issue' voters, with an absolute YES/NO view of one particular item that overshadows all others.

It might be religion, abortion, gun control, marijuana legalization, immigration law, low-salt potato chips or cats/dogs.

Generally I think you should look at many issues and not just one. There are plenty of people to be mad at this election, and they are on both 'sides' of the political spectrum. I think your friends recommending a biblical verse as voting guidance are focused on only one issue....

...probably low-salt potato chips, but that's just my take on it. I'm voting a straight Bacon & Waffles ticket. I think that's a safe choice.

• Members

You know, I prefer to read the writings of the founding fathers, you know the ones who actually wrote the documents that our entire government stands on today.

See, that's all well and good, but to extract the faith from a man serving in government is not what Jefferson intended. He didn't want a "Church of the U.S.A" which discriminated against other churches. He didn't say that people couldn't post the 10 commandments (one of the bases of our own law) on a wall entering the courthouse.

• Members

It's called a typo. You have one in your other post too. Anyway, to say that this country was founded solely on christian principles is incorrect. I'd say there are some shared ideas in there,
but for the most part its a mix of ideas that come from different places.

The whole case for individualism and man deciding what is best for himself comes from belief in a deity. In particular, the Christian deity.

Name the other places.

• Members

You do realize that most of the people that voted for him still think he was a great president, and they are saying the same thing now about people who are voting for Obama again.

It doesn't matter anyway. The only thing that will change is the smile.

Yeah, that's why Bush was all over that GOP convention, giving speeches and stuff.....err.....not...

• Members

Fixed

What did he do? The Republicans filibustered everything except healthcare which hasn't even taken effect yet.

Jesus didn't believe in churches. He was always bitching about the temples and the money making hypocrites inside them. Those guys had him killed but Paul stepped in and made a bunch of churches in his name anyway. That's why you shouldn't read anything before Matthew or after John if you really want to be "Christian". Paul screwed up everything Jesus set out to do.

• Members

I really don't think our nation is a "Christian " nation. That might be how it is represented but there is no way the the majority of people are Christian. Think of ten people you know at randomand count how many follow Christ. And with all the important issues surrounding the presidential election it takes a special kind of ignorance to be like, "well gee I really like the president and think he is doing great....but he is pro gay marriage so I'm going to vote in the polar opposite direction."

There are more important issues. Not that you have to be for or against it but sheesh it shouldn't overide all of your other opinions.

• Members

Jesus didn't believe in churches. He was always bitching about the temples and the money making hypocrites inside them. Those guys had him killed but Paul stepped in and made a bunch of churches in his name anyway. That's why you shouldn't read anything before Matthew or after John if you really want to be "Christian". Paul screwed up everything Jesus set out to do.

You make a good point. One that I try to make over and over. We use modern day definitions and opinions to show Jesus, God, Religion (let us not forget Allah and Supreme Para-Brahman and such....why do we ALWAYS just pick on Jesus? :) )

We mock and laugh at these beliefs and opinions...yet Man has distorted much of it for his own use. Way to bring it back to it's original form! :thu:

• Members

Pretty sure this is what he wanted you to see...

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men (democrats), who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they (democrats) knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man

• Members
Not true. But..
.The most disastrous, unconstitutional portions won't take effect until 2014.

You make a good point. One that I try to make over and over. We use modern day definitions and opinions to show Jesus, God, Religion (let us not forget Allah and Supreme Para-Brahman and such....why do we ALWAYS just pick on Jesus?
:)
)

We mock and laugh at these beliefs and opinions...yet Man has distorted much of it for his own use. Way to bring it back to it's original form!
:thu:

You mean the parts the Supreme court ruled as constitutional?

lol

Archived