Why are my facebook friends telling me to read romans 1 b4 I vote?

primeholy

• Members

Darkhorse, I think you are correct in saying that a large group of population will vote for Obama just because he is black. But what I don't understand is why. Obama is more white than most fully white people. He was born in indonesia from a white mother,sent to be raised in Hawaii by his white grandparents,attended a predominantly white Ivey league college,dated white women,and associated with mostly white friends. What exactly does this man know about black culture in America other than being married to a black woman? And furthermore, how is voting for a man ONLY because he is black any different than not voting for him because he is black? Both of these reasons are racist...and BOTH are wrong. He will not get my vote not because of his race but because he has done nothing morally correct in my oppinion to set an example as a leader of the American people.

I would like to read more of your oppinions.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Darkhorse, I think you are correct in saying that a large group of population will vote for Obama just because he is black. But what I don't understand is why. Obama is more white than most fully white people. He was born in indonesia from a white mother,sent to be raised in Hawaii by his white grandparents,attended a predominantly white Ivey league college,dated white women,and associated with mostly white friends. What exactly does this man know about black culture in America other than being married to a black woman? And furthermore, how is voting for a man ONLY because he is black any different than not voting for him because he is black? Both of these reasons are racist...and BOTH are wrong. He will not get my vote not because of his race but because he has done nothing morally correct in my oppinion to set an example as a leader of the American people.

Like I said, it is a very stupid reason to vote for or against someone. Unfortunately, it is going to be an important factor in the upcoming election.

Archived