Recommend me a PC game

Stevetemp

• Members

I have a hot new "budget" gamer http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1762/1/

Looking for a new game or two.

1) I like military shooters
2) I like flight/space sim.
3) I like easy-to-moderate game play
4) I enjoy exploring, but do not like to solve puzzles and get keys icon_lol.gif
5) No zombie killing- for now.
6) current joystick is Sidewinder II, if applicable.
7) Limited on-line game playing experience.
8) Prolly no hookers for now. icon_lol.gif
b) No sim city sim life stuff

• Members

I played the original Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty multiplayers a lot. Both great games, are probably a whole lot better by now.

This spring the sequel to Rome: Total War is coming out. The multiplayer on the original was probably my best computer gaming experience ever. I still log on now and then and play against my nephews or some random on the internet.

Given your list you might like a submarine game too. The last one I got was way too complicated though, so I wouldn't know what to recommend.

• Members

ns2 is coming out on steam in a couple weeks. it is a rather difficult multiplayer game, but you should keep your eye on it. even playing as a noob can be a real rush.

skip to around 5 minutes for the RTS play.

the game logic is open source, comes with a dev environment (code, level, cinematic editors) & uses steamworkshop. already there are a number of different community game mods in the works.

easy peasy .. i've hacked together some practice levels & bot logic for single player practice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne2

View Post

I played the original Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty multiplayers a lot. Both great games, are probably a whole lot better by now.

This spring the sequel to Rome: Total War is coming out. The multiplayer on the original was probably my best computer gaming experience ever. I still log on now and then and play against my nephews or some random on the internet.

Given your list you might like a submarine game too. The last one I got was way too complicated though, so I wouldn't know what to recommend.

Rome: Total War is one of the best games I've ever played. Even on single player mode I probably spent more time playing this game over and over than any other game.

thumb.gif

• Members

Get in on the Planetside 2 beta if you can. Apparently keys and invites are easy to get. I got mine because I signed up for the beta program long ago. It will be released soon to the public if you can't get in (end of year) and it's free to play. It's basically like a futuristic Battlefield, but with thousands of people playing at once on a MASSIVE landscape. Best game currently available IMO. Check out some of the newer (past month or so) footage of the beta on youtube.

• Members

Solitaire - win95 version

Instructions:

1.) Install game

2.) Calm down after it does not work the first time. Take a rage dump instead of ranting about it on hcaf

3.) Call tech support and drive a poor Indian fellow to suicide from a barrage of mindless stupid.

4.) Realize solitaire has been on computer from day 1

5.) Succomb to urge of ranting on hcaf

6.) Go off on strange tangents and play devil's advocate just for the sake of being obtuse.

7.) Post thread asking hcaf what video game to buy.

8.) Go back to solitaire

9.) Never open Internet Explorer again

10.) Install sweatpants and relax

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

Solitaire - win95 version

Instructions:

1.) Install game

2.) Calm down after it does not work the first time. Take a rage dump instead of ranting about it on hcaf

3.) Call tech support and drive a poor Indian fellow to suicide from a barrage of mindless stupid.

4.) Realize solitaire has been on computer from day 1

5.) Succomb to urge of ranting on hcaf

6.) Go off on strange tangents and play devil's advocate just for the sake of being obtuse.

7.) Post thread asking hcaf what video game to buy.

8.) Go back to solitaire

9.) Never open Internet Explorer again

10.) Install sweatpants and relax

DING DING DING!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian3

View Post

Rome: Total War is one of the best games I've ever played. Even on single player mode I probably spent more time playing this game over and over than any other game.

thumb.gif

Glad to hear there's another here who likes it. I did like the single player mode too but it was sucking up too much of my time. Multiplayer you can get in and out and have a good hour or two. Plus I kept losing track of where my boats were.

Archived