Those fools are already in tents camped outside my Best Buy for black friday

Snappy Hat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

I worked Black Friday last year, and my brother is working this year. He has to be at work at 8, so the store can open at 9.

So... Black Friday starts on Thursday. During Thanksgiving.

Way to go, retail America. Way to go.

On one hand, sometimes we have to sacrifice our morals to give a shot to the economy. On the other hand, I hate greedy {censored}s who implement these policies.

Its a lose / lose situation for the middle and lower classes.

• Members

The last time I went was 8 years ago. I really disliked the 'herd' attitude for a handful of 'doorbuster' deals that are gone by the time you walk back there (the items are always in the back of the store).

When I was pinching pennies and very poor, I would do the "black Fridays' and go to stores that are going out of business and fight people over the cheap stuff.

Not anymore, I buy what I want when I want.

• Members

i've never done it but i can totally see how it's worth waiting outside a few hours or even overnight for something. with the xbox 360 i had one reserved at gamestop and then stopped by best buy where my friends were staying overnight to rub it in their face. i pulled it out and said haw-haw and then some woman offered me $900 cash for it so i promptly sold it. i actually bought it for personal use but $900>xbox

they ended up selling their tickets for $200 or $250 each which isn't terrible i guess for sleeping outside one night (assuming you can get sleep, they had tents but i dont know if they did).

but to the point where you're there for days? that's just foolishness.

and for the most part if you're good at finding deals you can get it cheaper at other times of the year. I just scored a new iPad 3 for $100 a couple weeks ago with creative couponing. finds THAT good are rare but for TVs and the usual doorbuster stuff there are always deals that are similar all the time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter

View Post

You don't drink? You don't meditate? You don't go outside? Whatever, douche.

Drak, you're ok man, but drinking in solitude in a tent is a far different use of ones time. I mean at the very core they are polar opposites and only get more different the further you go down the rabbit hole.

Drinking in a tent is pretty much the pinnacle of self awareness.

Waiting in line to buy a 32" tv for $148 is simply an act of accumulating waste.

However that's just my opinion. Everyone should do what they want to do. Maybe it's the experience of hanging out in the parking lot like someone said above. That's totally cool if that's what someone wants to do.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

+1

Man, I mean, it's funny to do it to teenagers and people walking (not old people), but a girl that can't be older than 7 on a huge animal like that. What the {censored}.

Makes me want to start a youtube channel called, "Hit dudes in the nuts with louisville sluggers while they're asleep," starting with those guys. mad.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

Drak, you're ok man, but drinking in solitude in a tent is a far different use of ones time. I mean at the very core they are polar opposites and only get more different the further you go down the rabbit hole.

Drinking in a tent is pretty much the pinnacle of self awareness.

Waiting in line to buy a 32" tv for $148 is simply an act of accumulating waste.

However that's just my opinion. Everyone should do what they want to do. Maybe it's the experience of hanging out in the parking lot like someone said above. That's totally cool if that's what someone wants to do.

Well my point is both can be a sign of a life seriously gone wrong..or someone's odd way of meditation. Some people enjoy the "thrill" of shopping and all that comes with it..some enjoy drinking in a tent in the back yard. I can see how one could view either activity as a sign that someone seriously doesn't have a life, but to each their own.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

View Post

Well my point is both can be a sign of a life seriously gone wrong..or someone's odd way of meditation. Some people enjoy the "thrill" of shopping and all that comes with it..some enjoy drinking in a tent in the back yard. I can see how one could view either activity as a sign that someone seriously doesn't have a life, but to each their own.

Hell, I don't know what I'm saying. I didn't do either icon_lol.gif

Archived