Thieves ftl; stolen Christmas present content

Ron Burgandy

• Members

Sorry to hear it. Had my car broken into at my work parking lot about a decade ago on December 23. Stole the "Santa" gifts I had stashed in the trunk, some of which I couldn't replace in time, along with a bunch of my stuff. This happened 20 years to the day after I had my apartment broken into, where they only stole my wallet, mainly because one of my roommates woke up and ran downstairs carrying a baseball bat, which chased the thief out.

Some scummy people out there get the season of giving mixed up with the season of taking.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man...Really bummed to hear that dude...What a total drag. Hopefully it's all replacable. Tell the little guy his bike is still being made at christmas time. Go to Walmart and get him a cheap throw away tricycle that he can have in the meantime. Or keep it and when the littlest is ready to ride, he can ride with you guys on that one until he gets a nicer one too.

Damn, sorry bro :cry:

• Members

Well, that's where the nice stuff is to steal.

Yep you're absolutely right. There aren't many murders in this area of the city, but it is commonly targeted if theives are looking for something to steal. They also figure that affluent area = less guns = less chance of being shot during a break in.

• Members

You can if it's UPS and probably FedEx. Every package on the truck is scanned in and tracked.
If it shows up missing it comes out of the driver's pay.
I guess they could hatch an elaborate scheme and fake a robbery or something like that, but with the tracking technology of today it would be pretty hard. The warehouse is where theft usually occurs.

Sorry to hear about the theft. If had scumbags steal packages from me a few times. My only consolation was that it was something that they would have almost no use for and probably not be able to sell for profit.

Who told you that incredulous lie?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance

View Post

I work for UPS. That's the policy now

Can you point me to where in the contract it states that (you'll have a copy of the teamsters contract I'm sure)? A policy like that would have no chance in hell in just "passing" like its no big deal.

If its a DR and the DIAD does its job then that's it. If that we're the case, I'd get in the building and just pr my whole load as NI1 and lol when the ORS comes at me.

"Sorry brah, don't wanna buy every package that might get stolen- playing it safe."

Get a grip brah

• Members

If that happened around here, I'd be having a srs sit down with the property owners association and the security guards at the front gate. There's just no excuse for that.

Sorry dawg.

Don't tell him about it, make him think its all over....then surprise! Does the other one need another present to balance it out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I remember talking to a friend of mine who's LADP a few years ago about this when I had a package stolen from my porch.... he was telling me that 90% of theft from garage, yard, porch etc is committed by folks who are very comfortable with the area and have the opportunity to watch who comes and goes in your street without raising suspicion etc.... i.e. your {censored}ing neighbors.

It's really {censored}ed up, this kind of {censored} pisses me off.

This. Humanity sucks, film at 11.

Mojo sent, man.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

I'm pissed. The main issue is the custom tricycle I ordered and had built. It matched my bike so my boy could go riding with me in the park.

It's not like it's irreplaceable but again won't be under the tree. He's been wanting a "bi-kuhl" for months now frown.gif

mother{censored}ER cry.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones

View Post

Keep an eye on your local Craigs List and ebay for the trike. Who knows, maybe these cvnts will be lazy enough to try to sell it that way.

and call the ATX crew. ill {censored}ing drive if brendan supplies the crowbars.

Archived