WOT: Just got a Crock pot.. Needs recipes..

ju5t1n20

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
Maybe he's like my inlaws, who swear by those liners, and don't clean up after themselves. 5 minutes with a scrub brush and mine is spotless.
If it's a real crock pot, it should be ceramic..............and you don't clean ceramics with a scrub brush.

cop.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

as soon as I remove all my cookings, I run the ceramic container under hot water for 2-3 minutes, and everything falls off. idn_smilie.gif

Really. Ive never had an issue cleaning those things. Those liners are a waste of money.

• Members

PRO TIP I picked up from my grandma over Christmas. We were trying to streamline everything this year for Christmas dinner, so we could have more time drinking and socializing. So most stuff was prepped and ready to be tossed in the oven, from the previous night. But what blew my mind, was she made the mashed potatoes the night before, and put them in the crock pot on warm over night, and they were JUST AS FLUFFY as the same day creating! I know it seems like it should be common sense, like "why WOULDNT that work?" But I never thought of it, and it was perfect!

quick poverty meal I just whipped up

2lbs ground turkey
2 cans washed black beans
2 small white onions
2 red bell peppers
1 habanero
1 lime (no rind)
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup of home made salsa (this was made from roma tomatoes, habaneros, jalapenos, serranos)
4 cloves of garlic

I was just messing around with left over stuff in the kitchen and had no idea how this would turn out. first note is that there is waaaaay too much liquid. the turkey basically floated to the top icon_lol.gif
After straining everything, I have a nice hearty goulash that is perfect served over some brown rice. Lean, hearty, healthy, hittin dem macros, what else do you need?!?

• Members

- Get a Boston Butt.
- Slather on whatever seasoning on the outside you want.
- Put in crock pot on high for several hours.
- Flip over and repeat for several more hours.
- Pour out the fat and shred meat with fork.
- Add BBQ sauce and eat.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Leaking

View Post

For an incredibly simple yet tasty meal, throw a half dozen pork chops into the pot and cover with a can of Cream of celery soup (no water, just the concentrate). Cook for 6-8 hours and serve over egg noodles. thumb.gif

man that sounds pretty tasty. am assuming cream of mushroom would do the same kinda trick.

Archived