WOT: Just got a Crock pot.. Needs recipes..

ju5t1n20

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pwalli's World Famous Ouinneas & Bwalls

• Large package of meatballs, Italian are fine

Two packages of Little Smokies

Enough BBQ Sauce of your choice to cover most of the meats

Turn on high for an hour, then low. When the office (did a lot of pot lucks) smells heavenly, serve

Stupid Easy Mexican Style Shredded Chicken

• 3-5 lbs of deboned dark meat chicken

Big ass jug of Pace Picante Sauce (Mild or Medium)

I think its a 4oz can of tomato paste, the tiny one

Pour pace in the crock pot, heat up with crock pot, stir in the paste when heated

Add Chicken

Cook for 3-4 hours on low/or high (stupid crockpots vary so much)

Grab some forks and start shredding that {censored}

Serve with warm corn tortillas and Kraft Mexican Cheese with Philadelphia

Epic win.

• Members

You will not be disappoint!

It just falls apart! That pic was from me just trying to flip it since I was concerned it wasn't fully covered. It was around 12 hours cooking time on low. Picked up some fresh hot sour dough from Safeway, sliced up a few slices and scooped that {censored} on them. I had to change my pants twice.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

You will not be disappoint!

It just falls apart! That pic was from me just trying to flip it since I was concerned it wasn't fully covered. It was around 12 hours cooking time on low. Picked up some fresh hot sour dough from Safeway, sliced up a few slices and scooped that {censored} on them. I had to change my pants twice.

see? served piping hot.

• Members

DUDE!

Go to a grocery store and buy some SMOKED HAM HOCKS.

Stuff as many as you can in your crock pot with beans. All different kinds

After they cook for a few hours pull out the ham hocks and toss out the bones and fat. Leaving behind just the meat and beans.

Tastes great!

• Members

Forget throwing in store bought BBQ sauce, {censored} is filled with high fructose corn syrup and tastes like dog dick.

If you're going for a recipe with a BBQ sauce base there is no reason you can't do your own in the same damn crock pot with the meat.

Simple Sauce recipe

That's a simple recipe that you can tweak to your own liking, I like less sugar and more heat so I usually throw in crushed chipotles or diced habeneros.

Just throw whatever on top of the sauce that is cooking in the bottom, much better than store bought.

• Members

I just make stuff up as I go. I used to make a lot of chili in mine. Nowadays, I do BBQ meat a lot. I just made a giant slab of beef in there on christmas. Came out awesome. For meat, theres this bacon molasses seasoning that I use. Its {censored}ing incredible.

• Members

I don't really use a crockpot for much, but last weekend I did make some hoisin-balsamic braised shortribs and I was pretty impressed with how they came out. Generally I use a pressure cooker which makes for very intense flavors but I liked the texture better this way. I also have the luck of being able to bring home demiglace, veal stock, and such from work, which is really nice. Still doesn't beat my sous-vide supreme :p

The biggest mistake I see people make with slowcookers is not browning things before they put them in. Need that maillard reaction, folks (unless you're making a blanquette or a fricasee).

America's Test Kitchen has a really great book of crockpot recipes...their stuff tends to be a bit bland for my tastebuds but they provide a perfect foundation to tweak.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

Fixed. In decades of use I've never found it tough to clean a crock pot, what are you cooking, fast curing concrete?

Maybe he's like my inlaws, who swear by those liners, and don't clean up after themselves. 5 minutes with a scrub brush and mine is spotless.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcakes

View Post

The biggest mistake I see people make with slowcookers is not browning things before they put them in.

word:

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

Very simple.

Brown meat of some kind. You don't have to but the resulting flavors are far superior.

Cover with liquid or sauce of your choice.

Let crock pot do its thing on low for 6 to 8 hours...

redface.gif

Archived