Gun Owner's Rights Advocates: This is exactly what we are afraid of...

marshallnoise

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I think it sucks that this paper decided to do this... but it's public information. If someone really wants the info, they can get it. The paper just made it easier, but they didn't reveal any secrets.

Still, it's uncalled for.

It's an example of why people are against any type of permitting or registration-

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar

View Post

It's an example of why people are against any type of permitting or registration-

It's my country too and you're trying to infringe on my freedom of knowing you have a permit to own a pistol. You're also trying to stifle the newspapers ability to report and print information that is public. I feel it is my right to know who went out of their way to get a pistol permit.

Why do you stand so firmly about 1 US law and berate the ones you don't agree with?

• Members

We should start taking bets on when marshallnoise finally goes over the top and dies in a gun battle with the police. I am gonna say it will be once they come to his house over the complaints from his neighbors about his hoarding. Although, it might be right after the next presidential election when some Dem wins the white house vs the tea party candidate that marshallnoises was sure won the popular vote only to be cheated by illegal immigrants who voted with fake names.

But seriously, I can totally picture him as one of those people who won't throw anything away because he is sure he'll need it when the gov'ment comes fer his guns.

• Members

Eh, his life is bad enough as it is. Look how he spent Christmas. Angry and alone on the Internet, berating others and trying to argue for no good reason. He'll continue to sit at home waiting for gangs of black people to break in to his fantasy fortress so he'll finally have cause to shoot someone.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

I think it's my right to know who is a gun owner around me.

Anyway, people like marshallnoise really don't help your cause. If more people were like you I believe gun owners may be represented fairly but due to people like him... Errrr, it's hard to take him serious. He's kinda scary. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some form of undiagnosed mental disease and he most certainly has anger and racism issues. He's to gun owners as foreign disarming armchair qb's are to gun control advocates.

See man, no one knows I have my stuff unless they shoot with me. This information guarantees I'm not likely to have a home invasion but it does increase the risk of someone trying to bust my safe while I'm gone. It's also why I don't post on facebook even when I'm out of town. Those kinds of things can only bring trouble. While I understand why you'd want to know I'm not sure what difference it could make to you. That and it would make you a prime target when you didn't have that little red ball next to your address.

• Members

View Post

Source?

You think there's a possibility that some of those people are maybe legally on the run from someone? Maybe a battered wife etc that has the gun to protect them from an abusive husband/stalker etc? I have no source but I'd be willing to bet that there are more than a few special circumstances that just lost their cover.

• Members

View Post

That doesn't work in a civilized society. Some items like cars, handguns, real estate etc do require public registration because the risks of leaving them untraceable outweighs the risk of this information getting published from time to time.

I respect your second amendment rights to bear arms just as much as I respect the paper's first amendment rights of freedom of the press, although I think this article was stupid.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

You think there's a possibility that some of those people are maybe legally on the run from someone? Maybe a battered wife etc that has the gun to protect them from an abusive husband/stalker etc? I have no source but I'd be willing to bet that there are more than a few special circumstances that just lost their cover.

There was no cover to be lost. It's all public info. All the paper did is compile it into a map and post on their site. The information itself was not confidential to begin with.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

See man, no one knows I have my stuff unless they shoot with me. This information guarantees I'm not likely to have a home invasion but it does increase the risk of someone trying to bust my safe while I'm gone. It's also why I don't post on facebook even when I'm out of town. Those kinds of things can only bring trouble. While I understand why you'd want to know I'm not sure what difference it could make to you. That and it would make you a prime target when you didn't have that little red ball next to your address.

It only accounts for pistol permit holders. People with rifles and shotguns only were not included.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

That doesn't work in a civilized society. Some items like cars, handguns, real estate etc do require public registration because the risks of leaving them untraceable outweighs the risk of this information getting published from time to time.

I respect your second amendment rights to bear arms just as much as I respect the paper's first amendment rights of freedom of the press, although I think this article was stupid.

Word. The article doesn't make a whole lotta sense but I don't think it's a big deal either.

• Members

View Post

It's my country too and you're trying to infringe on my freedom of knowing you have a permit to own a pistol. You're also trying to stifle the newspapers ability to report and print information that is public. I feel it is my right to know who went out of their way to get a pistol permit.

Why do you stand so firmly about 1 US law and berate the ones you don't agree with?

You feel that it is your right, but where is that enumerated? Would you feel just as comfortable with my 'right' to know which homes are completely without weapons? How about without burglar alarms?

And now that I realize you're really just here to argue, I'll be done responding.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ComOp

View Post

We should start taking bets on when marshallnoise finally goes over the top and dies in a gun battle with the police. I am gonna say it will be once they come to his house over the complaints from his neighbors about his hoarding. Although, it might be right after the next presidential election when some Dem wins the white house vs the tea party candidate that marshallnoises was sure won the popular vote only to be cheated by illegal immigrants who voted with fake names.

But seriously, I can totally picture him as one of those people who won't throw anything away because he is sure he'll need it when the gov'ment comes fer his guns.

The MA guys always hate guns-it's a given. Ever since Bruce Lee declared the ultimate martial art a .45 Colt...wink.gif

• Members

View Post

You feel that it is your right, but where is that enumerated? Would you feel just as comfortable with my 'right' to know which homes are completely without weapons? How about without burglar alarms?

And now that I realize you're really just here to argue, I'll be done responding.

Where is your right to own guns with records or registration process? I'm not for disarming you at all. I'm for having guns registered to their owners.

Archived