Gun Owner's Rights Advocates: This is exactly what we are afraid of...

marshallnoise

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

What the hell? How have you come to any of those conclusions? freak.gif

It really is ok to step back and take a deep breath. I'm not advocating the removal of guns you may or may not own.

I'm for closing loopholes and bringing gun ownership above the table. it's your right to own guns, I personally am not arguing against that. I don't understand why they can't be regulated like automobiles or anything else the government decides could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Fwiw the reason I don't think you're quite right is you made a comparison between this thread and a simple friendly whatcha drinking thread. That's pretty far fetched and something a person with undiagnosed mental disease would make.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

You are blind as a bat if you believe that.

Huh?

Was it made by someone with an agenda? Yes. No denying that.

I just feel the offending reporter had too much free time and due to not enough real news it was allowed to be published.

It wasted my time to view it. It didn't offend me or make me look at anyone else different. It gave me the same feeling as an a book listing people's name and addresses. Ie there is a reason I don't read the phone book.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Do you have a problem with how the general population views handgun owners? It's really only as vilified as people take it. Most people view sex offenders in a negative light. Do you feel most of the people in the us look down on you for owning a handgun?

I see it as informational and not a topic to pass judgment on someone. Really, it's hardly even informational so as Billy said I think it's kind of dumb to publish. Not because it's good or bad. Just a waste of time like it was a slow news day type of thing.

General population, no. However, these recent threads even here have proven that a lot of people do have a problem with it. Recent events have scared people and a lot of places have started up the propaganda bandwagon hoping to specifically show us in a bad light as if we're all a ticking timebomb like little {censored}head that killed those kids. Regardless of which side of the issue you are on I know you can see this.

Knowing some chick has herpes is informational as well but people would think that was a violation of privacy. Why do we feel it necessary to keep medical records private? Why should I not be able to see what you have in your bank account? At the end of the day it would all just be informational.

• Members

View Post

It really is ok to step back and take a deep breath. I'm not advocating the removal of guns you may or may not own.

I'm for closing loopholes and bringing gun ownership above the table. it's your right to own guns, I personally am not arguing against that. I don't understand why they can't be regulated like automobiles or anything else the government decides could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Fwiw the reason I don't think you're quite right is you made a comparison between this thread and a simple friendly whatcha drinking thread. That's pretty far fetched and something a person with undiagnosed mental disease would make.

Car registration has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with $. icon_lol.gif BTW I'm down with them closing the loophole. I'd also totally be down with registration if there was no risk of it ever being used for confiscation. Some states are already talking about implementing forced buy backs. Why would any owner want their {censored} on a list if these are the lists they'll be using to strip you of them?

• Members

View Post

Huh?

Was it made by someone with an agenda? Yes. No denying that.

I just feel the offending reporter had too much free time and due to not enough real news it was allowed to be published.

It wasted my time to view it. It didn't offend me or make me look at anyone else different. It gave me the same feeling as an a book listing people's name and addresses. Ie there is a reason I don't read the phone book.

I don't think it was because of too much free time. They were making a point just like Huffingtonpost and their showing every murder in the country on the front page one after another. That's not for the purpose of keeping the masses informed of the news. It's to pile all the bad {censored} into one place to overwhelm and jade people.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

Car registration has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with $. icon_lol.gif BTW I'm down with them closing the loophole. I'd also totally be down with registration if there was no risk of it ever being used for confiscation. Some states are already talking about implementing forced buy backs. Why would any owner want their {censored} on a list if these are the lists they'll be using to strip you of them?

See, we agree then. Confiscation? No bueno. A list to hold people accountable? Yessir.

If gun registration lead to confiscation I will be right there with you. Seriously.

What I've been fighting for all along is keeping gun ownership above the table. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Members

View Post

That the first thing the gov't says, before it takes something. Just like eminent domain.

View Post

Regulation, is the first step towards the ultimate goal of the anit-gun lobby. Which is criminalization and confiscation.

• Members

View Post

See, we agree then. Confiscation? No bueno. A list to hold people accountable? Yessir.

If gun registration lead to confiscation I will be right there with you. Seriously.

What I've been fighting for all along is keeping gun ownership above the table. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know people don't like the idea of the "slippery slope" but if there ever was a reason to invoke that phrase, it is with gun registration. Unlike you, I don't trust that the Government has my best interest at heart. Simple as that.

• Members

View Post

Well then I'd be down. What I'm starting to learn though is that with enough public support they will do whatever they want. I think that's why a lot of us are hesitant to give up that first step. First steps lead to second steps. They really want to confiscate but know it will be so bad if they do. States with registration are discussing forced buy backs. This IS confiscation. They just pay you a little for it. The fact that it is even being discussed tells me that someday they will really try to ram it through.

• Members

View Post

Well then I'd be down. What I'm starting to learn though is that with enough public support they will do whatever they want. I think that's why a lot of us are hesitant to give up that first step. First steps lead to second steps. They really want to confiscate but know it will be so bad if they do. States with registration are discussing forced buy backs. This IS confiscation. They just pay you a little for it. The fact that it is even being discussed tells me that someday they will really try to ram it through.

That's where trusting in the checks and balances is what I fall back on. I think some of the legislators would absolutely try that however our supreme court is in place for a reason. They continue to uphold your rights.

However by trying to hide guns and keep everything under the table it seems to make swaying public opinion much easier.

Yet again I think both extremes fail and give each other fodder.

• Members

View Post

Where did gun owners get the idea that they have a right to owning guns with no regulation or oversight of any kind?

Simple answer: Propaganda

The NRA and gun manufacturers spend millions every year trying to convince people that it is in the constitution, whereas anyone with 20 firing neurons knows that it isn't.

• Members

View Post

That's where trusting in the checks and balances is what I fall back on. I think some of the legislators would absolutely try that however our supreme court is in place for a reason. They continue to uphold your rights.

However by trying to hide guns and keep everything under the table it seems to make swaying public opinion much easier.

Dude I have a CHL. Our state doesn't register guns but they know I have something and that I am legal to carry it around with me so I'm already {censored}ed. icon_lol.gif

Seriously though I can't say I trust anything necessarily. All these things need is enough public support. Right now it's "Assault Weapons." When they do that and we still have the same {censored} it'll be handguns and on and on. This has happened too many places already and even what's happening now is just proof that all you need to do is scare the public. If I was the government that's exactly how I'd do it. Why? Because it would work.

• Members

View Post

Dude I have a CHL. Our state doesn't register guns but they know I have something and that I am legal to carry it around with me so I'm already {censored}ed. icon_lol.gif

Seriously though I can't say I trust anything necessarily. All these things need is enough public support. Right now it's "Assault Weapons." When they do that and we still have the same {censored} it'll be handguns and on and on. This has happened too many places already and even what's happening now is just proof that all you need to do is scare the public. If I was the government that's exactly how I'd do it. Why? Because it would work.

• Members

The only reason I don't have suppressors is because I don't want to get on anyone's radar. Saddest part is I want them so I can continue to shoot without worrying about my ears which I use for music and more specifically recording/mixing etc. The twist here is before most people would get to my reasons they'd be thinking about what kind of loony {censored} needs a silencer unless they wanted to be quiet while killing everyone. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel

View Post

Regulation, is the first step towards the ultimate goal of the anit-gun lobby. Which is criminalization and confiscation.

You really think the government is going to be able to confiscate guns? I highly doubt that. Its too ingrained in our society and even though there are many people calling for regulation there are just as many people who are adamant about their right to own them. I understand your sentiment and actually feel the same way about other things the government does(Patriot act) but all in all the worst they possibly do is some type of convoluted, neutered act with tons of loopholes like the "assault weapons" ban.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHed

View Post

Simple answer: Propaganda

The NRA and gun manufacturers spend millions every year trying to convince people that it is in the constitution, whereas anyone with 20 firing neurons knows that it isn't.

Uh the constitution specifically states I have the right to bear arms and that my right should not be infringed upon. Note they added the not to be infringed upon. Why? Presumably because they knew {censored}ers would be infringing on dat ass. So there it is in words. Then to reinforce, the whole purpose was for our arms to be at the same level as the govt so we could fight them if needs be. People bring up the musket {censored} but yeah if your enemy is using a musket than having muskets would be equal footing. If they have rifles then in the spirit of why the 2nd was written we were to have them too. It is simply about being able to be on equal footing. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Members

View Post

Uh the constitution specifically states I have the right to bear arms and that my right should not be infringed upon. Note they added the not to be infringed upon. Why? Presumably because they knew {censored}ers would be infringing on dat ass. So there it is in words. Then to reinforce, the whole purpose was for our arms to be at the same level as the govt so we could fight them if needs be. People bring up the musket {censored} but yeah if your enemy is using a musket then having muskets would be equal footing. If they have rifles then in the spirit of why the 2nd was written we were to have them too. It is simply about being able to be on equal footing. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's just crazy talk...that I agree with.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by exafro

View Post

You really think the government is going to be able to confiscate guns? I highly doubt that. Its too ingrained in our society and even though there are many people calling for regulation there are just as many people who are adamant about their right to own them.

Yes. it's the first thing the communists do when they take over poke.gif

Seriously though, they did it with gold in 1933, why wouldn't they be able to do it with guns on 2013 ?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel

View Post

Yes. it's the first thing the communists do when they take over poke.gif

Seriously though, they did it with gold in 1933, why wouldn't they be able to do it with guns on 2013 ?

What communists are in power right now?

Archived