Gun Owner's Rights Advocates: This is exactly what we are afraid of...

marshallnoise

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by zehn View Post
Old white man crying about guns and the gubmint.

rolleyes.gif
The most vocally pro-gun people I know, besides myself, are a Russian Jew and a doctor who came from Vietnam as a child and invests all of his money in full-auto weapons (which have far outperformed his stock portfolio in value). Also, I am Hispanic.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Tennessean news paper published a list of names and addresses of permit holders back in 2009, my name was on the list but I really didn't care that much personally.

The info is a matter of public record so I didn't really feel that there was a breach of privacy.

Oh, and merry Christmas.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GodBlessTexas

View Post

The most vocally pro-gun people I know, besides myself, are a Russian Jew and a doctor who came from Vietnam as a child and invests all of his money in full-auto weapons (which have far outperformed his stock portfolio in value). Also, I am Hispanic.

How does anecdotal evidence work?

• Members

I listened to a local NPR callin show. Some black dude called in and bitching and moaning about da whitey and all up in the NRA.

Someone later called in and said why don't the black folk join the NRA. Get on the list and get all the weapons registered.

There was complete silence for 5 or 10 seconds, then they took another caller complaining about whitey.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TheRymanChu View Post
You are correct. 1000 guns were seized over a 15 day period in September after Hurricane Katrina. 22 states and the Federal Government enacted laws preventing guns to be seized in the wake of a disaster or emergency in the future. Something tells me that they didn't start in the predominately white neighborhoods.
Who cares where they started? Police and National Guard did indeed go into some of the wealthiest, whitest neighborhoods with the least damage and forced them to give up their guns and abandon their property at gun point. Go to Youtube and look up Katrina gun confiscation, there are plenty of videos from local and national news programs about the very thing complete with live footage. Fat lot of good it did too. Some people I was in college with at the time volunteered to go to NO after Katrina and help with clean up and relief, and one of them had his group help up by gangbangers armed with AK's and robbed completely of relief supplies, money and gas. But luckily there were no rich old white people holed up in their estates with shotguns, because that could have been dangerous.

How have you trolls managed to get me to reply to another one of these threads? It must be the wine...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

Well then. That one was a double edged sword. They've just told criminals where to go steal guns. On the other hand they've just told them where they can go without worrying about getting shot. Dumb{censored}s. facepalm.gif

That's exactly what I saw, too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GodBlessTexas

View Post

I'm not sure how apropos your question is, but if I wanted to steal a gun in that area, this map would be an excellent place to start. cop.gif

Wayne Lapierre tells me that knowing there is a gun in the houae makes it less likely that someone will break in. He stated that the bad guys target gun-free zones like schools and movie theaters. Therefore it is counterintuitive that they would target your house. Not to mention that guns are cheap and plentiful in this country, therefore any thief worth his weight in bullets would be targeting houses for gold, jewelry or other eaaily transferable items with a high value to volume ratio.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

If a huge number of black people became as vocal as the NRA or even joined the NRA, I guarantee you racist white folk would begin feeling very conflicted.

The majority of gun homicides in this country are committed during gang related altercations. The majority of gang members are not lacking the pigmentation. Do the math son. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2 View Post
The majority of gun homicides in this country are committed during gang related altercations. The majority of gang members are lacking the pigmentation. Do the math son. icon_lol.gif
Errrr

You're missing my point. Black people aren't out in droves like the NRA folks, nor do you see black people up in arms over this stuff. Black people own guns for sure. Black people aren't out at NRA rally's.

Oh hell, I'm sure you'll find an example.

I mean most NRA people fight to own guns to "protect themselves" due to the fact black people have guns icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

Confiscation. But you already knew that. You just don't give a {censored} about anything.

You really think someone is going to confiscate your guns? Seriously? If the list is already created, wouldn't the government already have access to it regardless if it's printed in the paper?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
You really think someone is going to confiscate your guns? Seriously? If the list is already created, wouldn't the government already have access to it regardless if it's printed in the paper?
Yeah, the government does have access to those records, but they shouldn't. I may or may not own any firearms but I sure as hell am not going to a gun show or a dealer to buy one if I want one. There is no way in hell I am going to wind up on the ATF's list of being a gun owner.

Owning a hand gun in these areas was made to be illegal without a permit. If you think for one minute that these folks would have bought a hand gun and knew that one day it would be broadcast all over the internet that not only that they own one, but their address and name would be published, they would have not bought it or bought them through an illegal method.

Gun ownership is a private thing for most people. I don't expect you to understand.

Archived