Modern Metal is horrible!

The Rossness

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

I almost cared about your thoughts until this point.

You don't like modern metal, fine.

Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.

Yep. I think Steel Panther sounds really good for a modern '80s hair metal band.

But from only reading this far in the thread it does sound like he's musically stuck in the '80s. If it's more for the disdain of growling vocals, I understand that perfectly well. biggrin.gif But fortunately there are also bands around without that vocal style, and I can stand a few with it. cool.gif

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

I almost cared about your thoughts until this point.

You don't like modern metal, fine.

Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.

Yep. I think Steel Panther sounds really good for a modern '80s hair metal band.

But from only reading this far in the thread it does sound like he's musically stuck in the '80s. If it's more for the disdain of growling vocals, I understand that perfectly well. biggrin.gif But fortunately there are also bands around without that vocal style, and I can stand a few with it. cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPOA

View Post

Yeah, because given their musical and lyrical content, bands like Cannibal Corpse and Nile would sound just fine having melodic vocals. /sarcasm

On a serious note, melodic vocals can sound {censored}ty too.

True. But usually the more indecipherable growl-based vocals of some bands just distract from the music IMO. But I dig Nile, and I don't listen to something like Cannibal Corpse (a band I've always liked cool.gif) unless I'm in the mood for that extreme of music & vocals.

I checked out a Firewind video BTW. While the lyrics were clear and the vocals talented, I'd about take Cookie over it. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPOA

View Post

Yeah, because given their musical and lyrical content, bands like Cannibal Corpse and Nile would sound just fine having melodic vocals. /sarcasm

On a serious note, melodic vocals can sound {censored}ty too.

True. But usually the more indecipherable growl-based vocals of some bands just distract from the music IMO. But I dig Nile, and I don't listen to something like Cannibal Corpse (a band I've always liked cool.gif) unless I'm in the mood for that extreme of music & vocals.

I checked out a Firewind video BTW. While the lyrics were clear and the vocals talented, I'd about take Cookie over it. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

Well,to be fair, quite a few of my favorite death metal vocalists are pretty decipherable. If any metal subgenre needs a good ragging, it's lame-ass stoner metal. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

Well,to be fair, quite a few of my favorite death metal vocalists are pretty decipherable. If any metal subgenre needs a good ragging, it's lame-ass stoner metal. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness

View Post

Another perfect example. Its just not music Being juvenile doesn't help your cause.

PS- I'm not into having sex with men, but if we must, please use protection and plenty of lube.

It is music. Just because you dont like it/ get it doesnt make it any less so. Now move over grandpa wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness

View Post

Another perfect example. Its just not music Being juvenile doesn't help your cause.

PS- I'm not into having sex with men, but if we must, please use protection and plenty of lube.

It is music. Just because you dont like it/ get it doesnt make it any less so. Now move over grandpa wave.gif

Archived