Convince me that Adrian Peterson shouldn't win the MVP

la0tsu

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

I find that comment hilarious actually,excuse me but how many SB rings does Brady have? Let's not forget the weapons that Manning had on the Colts? Yes Brady gets a name or 2 swapped out for a year or 2 but still produces no matter who is there. Manning had weapons that stayed with him for years. I do not think AP will get it because of the position he plays in. Barry Sanders carried the Lions for years and even into the Playoffs and the best he could do was a tie with Brett Favre & at that time he was already a lock for HOF. AP is great and he does deserve it but the best he can hope for is a tie. Peyton sure he went to another team but that team was in the playoffs last year. And as stated Brady has less INT's but nearly the same stats so don't call me all that impressed with what PM did,it was kinda expected IMHO as Brady is expected to produce every year to.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

I find that comment hilarious actually,excuse me but how many SB rings does Brady have? Let's not forget the weapons that Manning had on the Colts? Yes Brady gets a name or 2 swapped out for a year or 2 but still produces no matter who is there. Manning had weapons that stayed with him for years. I do not think AP will get it because of the position he plays in. Barry Sanders carried the Lions for years and even into the Playoffs and the best he could do was a tie with Brett Favre & at that time he was already a lock for HOF. AP is great and he does deserve it but the best he can hope for is a tie. Peyton sure he went to another team but that team was in the playoffs last year. And as stated Brady has less INT's but nearly the same stats so don't call me all that impressed with what PM did,it was kinda expected IMHO as Brady is expected to produce every year to.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cibyl View Post
Tha {censored}?

You meant to say "of the last 11 teams the Broncos played only two made the playoffs."

And,...that's not a good argument to support your stance.

Oops... I sure screwed the pooch on that one. Had Colts on the mind...of course I meant Broncos.

I do think the stat is relevant though as the Broncos did not have a horribly difficult schedule. The Vikes have a {censored}e QB and AP was still able to run for those insane yards even when the defense knew he was coming bc they had no passing threat.

The thing that makes this hard is what both players had to overcome injury wise to do what they did this year. They are both comeback player of the year candidates also.If I had to choose I really would lean towards AP but you might as well flip a coin bc all arguments for both are valid.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cibyl View Post
Tha {censored}?

You meant to say "of the last 11 teams the Broncos played only two made the playoffs."

And,...that's not a good argument to support your stance.

Oops... I sure screwed the pooch on that one. Had Colts on the mind...of course I meant Broncos.

I do think the stat is relevant though as the Broncos did not have a horribly difficult schedule. The Vikes have a {censored}e QB and AP was still able to run for those insane yards even when the defense knew he was coming bc they had no passing threat.

The thing that makes this hard is what both players had to overcome injury wise to do what they did this year. They are both comeback player of the year candidates also.If I had to choose I really would lean towards AP but you might as well flip a coin bc all arguments for both are valid.

• Members

Manning this year: 13-3

Pass Yds 4659

TD 37 /INT's 11/ Fumbles 2/ Fumbles Lost 2

Yds/Game 291.2

Brady this year: 12-4

Pass Yds 4827

TD 34/ INT's: 8/ Fumbles 2/ Fumbles Lost 0

Yds/Game 301.7

And RB sure you can go on and start all that,but whatever. #'s & rings speak volumes. You can go ahead and look at career #'s also,very similar except PM has what 3 more years on his career. Manning is a great QB don't get me wrong but best all-time and no one close to him? If you can't honestly admit Brady means as much to the Patriots as Manning does to his team then in your words Brady>you
This is from 2011 but you get the point...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-9158687

• Members

Pass Yds 4659

Yds/Game 291.2

Pass Yds 4827

Yds/Game 301.7

And RB sure you can go on and start all that,but whatever. #'s & rings speak volumes. You can go ahead and look at career #'s also,very similar except PM has what 3 more years on his career. Manning is a great QB don't get me wrong but best all-time and no one close to him? If you can't honestly admit Brady means as much to the Patriots as Manning does to his team then in your words Brady>you

• Members

Brady is awesome. I'm a fanboi for sure.

They're both better candidates than Peterson. Peterson should win most gaudy meaningless stat award. Pretty fitting for an above average rb with no sb hope.

He still has no record, and will be an afterthought over the years as steroids and ped's get more sophisticated.

Manning has the brain of a winner.

• Members

They're both better candidates than Peterson. Peterson should win most gaudy meaningless stat award. Pretty fitting for an above average rb with no sb hope.

He still has no record, and will be an afterthought over the years as steroids and ped's get more sophisticated.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post

Agreed,as I said the best he can hope for is a Co-MVP,if he can last I see his career going much like Barry Sanders career did,and that is a big IF.

• Members

Agreed,as I said the best he can hope for is a Co-MVP,if he can last I see his career going much like Barry Sanders career did,and that is a big IF.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
Clearly, you know nothing of football.

Brady is the product of an outstanding offensive line and a head coach that cheats.

Montana was the stereotypical 'system quarterback' that was truly average.

Marino was a great passer but played on a one-dimensional team.

Elway grew into being an outstanding QB, but it took him a long time to get there.

Maybe knitting is more your thing.idn_smilie.gif
He took the Broncos to the Superbowl in his 4th year, 5th and then 7th year in the pros. Yeah, took him an eternity to be a really good quarterback.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
Clearly, you know nothing of football.

Brady is the product of an outstanding offensive line and a head coach that cheats.

Montana was the stereotypical 'system quarterback' that was truly average.

Marino was a great passer but played on a one-dimensional team.

Elway grew into being an outstanding QB, but it took him a long time to get there.

Maybe knitting is more your thing.idn_smilie.gif
He took the Broncos to the Superbowl in his 4th year, 5th and then 7th year in the pros. Yeah, took him an eternity to be a really good quarterback.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by coyote-1 View Post
Yeah... and I disagree with that structure.
By your criteria, Manning has three too many MVPs. 2008 was the only year he should have won it. Coincidentally, that was the last time the MVP was on the Super Bowl winning team. Before that, you have to go all the way back to 1999 when Kurt Warner got the MVP and the Rams won it all. And since 1975, only 11 out of 36 winners have been from the championship team.

There's a Super Bowl MVP award for the key player of the championship team. The MVP is a regular season award, always has been. The voting closed yesterday, so what happens during the playoffs has no way of impacting things. Deal with it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by coyote-1 View Post
Yeah... and I disagree with that structure.
By your criteria, Manning has three too many MVPs. 2008 was the only year he should have won it. Coincidentally, that was the last time the MVP was on the Super Bowl winning team. Before that, you have to go all the way back to 1999 when Kurt Warner got the MVP and the Rams won it all. And since 1975, only 11 out of 36 winners have been from the championship team.

There's a Super Bowl MVP award for the key player of the championship team. The MVP is a regular season award, always has been. The voting closed yesterday, so what happens during the playoffs has no way of impacting things. Deal with it.

• Members

Peterson is completely legit. In fact in my lifetime I would say he is second only to Barry sanders. The guy is a complete freak he invented the reverse stiff arm where if somebody is trying to tackle you and you are not moving just stick your arm out to buy you a yard of space and then run so fast that guy can't catch you. Freak

• Members

Peterson is completely legit. In fact in my lifetime I would say he is second only to Barry sanders. The guy is a complete freak he invented the reverse stiff arm where if somebody is trying to tackle you and you are not moving just stick your arm out to buy you a yard of space and then run so fast that guy can't catch you. Freak

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post

Pass Yds 4659

Yds/Game 291.2

Pass Yds 4827

Yds/Game 301.7

The number of Super Bowl rings a player has is completely irrelevant when talking about the MVP for a particular year. It's based on the player's play for one regular season. Period.

Brady's numbers are very good and yes,...he should be considered. But -- he will not win.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post

Pass Yds 4659

Yds/Game 291.2

Pass Yds 4827

Yds/Game 301.7

The number of Super Bowl rings a player has is completely irrelevant when talking about the MVP for a particular year. It's based on the player's play for one regular season. Period.

Brady's numbers are very good and yes,...he should be considered. But -- he will not win.

• Members

You know I love you man,...one of my HCAF favs. But you're wrong about AP -- he's hardly an "above-average" RB and absolutely deserves to be a candidate for MVP.

That said Peyton will win. The love-fest with him has never stopped.

Archived