JCA Owners!! Join the Jet City Lounge!!

guitarbilly74

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's everyone's consensus on the JCA 2x12? I have one with the stock speakers I've been really happy with...But I've always owned combos - so my cabinet owning experiences are limited to my JCA 2x12, Mesa 4x12s, and Marshall AVT 4x12s.

I'm debating swapping out the speakers with V30's at some point - but would I be better off just finding a used Mesa 2x12 instead?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OceansBetweenUs

View Post

What's everyone's consensus on the JCA 2x12? I have one with the stock speakers I've been really happy with...But I've always owned combos - so my cabinet owning experiences are limited to my JCA 2x12, Mesa 4x12s, and Marshall AVT 4x12s.

I'm debating swapping out the speakers with V30's at some point - but would I be better off just finding a used Mesa 2x12 instead?

It's been said around here before, but I'll say it again -- with companies like Avatar and Whitebox putting out high quality, customizable, AFFORDABLE cabinets, it's hard justifying dropping the money on big-name Mesa, Marshall, and Orange cabs. Granted, you're talking about getting one used, so that offsets the price quite a bit... but I've seen really nice contemporary cabs from Avatar and Whitebox used on CL for $200+. Not to knock the big guys, but the savings could always go towards new pedals or fancier speakers.

I've got no experience with the JCA cabs however. I've heard good things, but the blue/black doesn't do it for me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OceansBetweenUs

View Post

I swapped the stock speakers for V30s and its a perfect pair with the JCA100/50

• Members

Just got my 50w head and it sounds awesome. I have always used pedals but would like to try a rack mount reverb/delay because of the loop and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I almost bought a Lexicon mpx200 off ebay but luckily I read reviews where people said it doesn't work well in amps effect loop as there is a volume drop and is suited better for pa's, so again I know alot of you are more knowledgeable with this, also, I only need delay/reverb not a multi effect, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by mikes66

View Post

Just got my 50w head and it sounds awesome. I have always used pedals but would like to try a rack mount reverb/delay because of the loop and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I almost bought a Lexicon mpx200 off ebay but luckily I read reviews where people said it doesn't work well in amps effect loop as there is a volume drop and is suited better for pa's, so again I know alot of you are more knowledgeable with this, also, I only need delay/reverb not a multi effect, thanks.

Try to find a TC Electronic G-Sharp. They're cheap, sound great and work really well in the JCA loop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Billy - I saw you post a suggestion on another thread about using a Line6 Spider 4x12 with the Celestion Seventy/Eighties over one of the smaller Marshall cabs. I've got one of those Line6 cabs matched to my JCA50H, and I like it, but not sure how it compares to the V30s you recommend so highly. What do you think - is it going to make a massive difference to upgrade at some point?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

New owner of a JCA22H here... Running it through a vintage Kustom Tuck and Roll 2x12 with the original Jenson speakers.. Sounds amazing.. Simply amazing.. Full, rich, deep, hurtful even(in a good way).. Through my crappy Epiphone LP, it sounds like Matt Pike's rig from Sleep/High On Fire.. Absolutely enough head room to play with a drummer and bassist.. The distortion/gain on this thing is brutal.. None of the videos I've watched do it justice..

For sh*ts and giggles, I ran my H&K Cream Machine through it.. My little Kustom 2x12 was almost shooting fire and brim stone from hell itself...

Fantastic little amp.... Glad to be part of the club.... m/(>.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kennyinct

View Post

I've been eyeing the JCA5212RC for a while. Anyone have one? Thoughts?

This one really interests me, too. A clean + crunch channel JCA sounds absolutely ideal to me. I do wish that combo was available at 20 watts, though. Oh, and even though I wrote the manual for this amp, I still have never actually seen one!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMESPACE

View Post

Hey Billy - I saw you post a suggestion on another thread about using a Line6 Spider 4x12 with the Celestion Seventy/Eighties over one of the smaller Marshall cabs. I've got one of those Line6 cabs matched to my JCA50H, and I like it, but not sure how it compares to the V30s you recommend so highly. What do you think - is it going to make a massive difference to upgrade at some point?

The speakers on the Line 6 cabs are not Seventy/Eighties, they're actually a re-labelled Classic Lead 80 with a little flatter response. I like the V30s a bit better for the mid hump, but that's personal taste. Your speakers are just as good, so it wouldn't be an upgrade at all, just a different tone. The CL80 is a great sounding speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by 67mike

View Post

What about warehouse vetran 30's????

I have no first-hand experience with them, but if they are as good as the V30, it's my favorite speaker for the JCA tone.

Archived