BUGERA REVIEW OF ALL 8 OF THEIR AMPS

Norton666

• Members

Andddddd I just figured out why its called a 6260. Not much more we should say about that.

A local store in MD had the 6260 combo in when I was there on Tuesday. Sounded pretty brutal, maybe they will make a 1x12 version with slightly more reasonable wattage. I barely played around with it as I had to get back to work...but there are some out there.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Behringer did a great job at marketing these things to the 15-25 year old metal heads who want high gainers on a small budget.

Holy crap that's the main demographic of HCAF :eek: , no wonder so many people are frothing at the mouth over these and are being pushed hard on this forum :eek::D

• Members

The only Behringer product I own is a 6 channel passive mixer but it has been working flawlessly for 4 years now.

Behringer does hit the mark sometimes. Their 20 dollar Vintage tube overdrive beats any Tube Screamer ive ever heard (ready for the flaming). However they are flimsy. Big deal, Buy another one. Stock up on them!

• Members

Most pro sound guys won't touch Behringer gear with a 10 foot pole. Doesn't make it bad stuff, but I can't count the # of riders I've seen with "No Behringer" in bold.

Are they worried about damaging their reputation at the risk of cheap equipment? Is that why its in there? I guess I can understand that.

However, I cant think of any reason other than that without it being snobbery. Correct me if I am wrong...

I suppose the rider only covers PA gear,as it is not the soundman's business what the band uses for their own instruments, pedals, cords, and amps.

• Members

god this forum can get so retarded sometimes...

Bashing Behringer is the favourite hobby of the "elitist" group of the HC majority, which is a bunch of kids who never play or record music, just sit all day posting in the forum and I'm sure NEVER TRIED ANYTHING BY BEHRINGER.

Listen, Behringer makes some usable stuff. I have some of their producs, my friends have some, no problems whatsoever. Quality isn't Eventide necessarily, but it's dirt cheap!!!

The Bugeras, I don't know. If they're good, they're good!! End of story...

• Members

god this forum can get so retarded sometimes...

Bashing Behringer is the favourite hobby of the "elitist" group of the HC majority, which is a bunch of kids who never play or record music, just sit all day posting in the forum and I'm sure NEVER TRIED ANYTHING BY BEHRINGER.

Listen, Behringer makes some usable stuff. I have some of their producs, my friends have some, no problems whatsoever. Quality isn't Eventide necessarily, but it's dirt cheap!!!

The Bugeras, I don't know. If they're good, they're good!! End of story...

A lot of dudes bash Behringer. They carry teh reputation from many moons ago. I worked in repairs for an auth servicer of Eventide, Digitech, Lexicon, Mackie. We saw all kinds of problems with every model made. From bad switches, jacks, firmware, bad solder points. The Behringer bitchers think it's all junk. The reputation is that its just cheap gear. Expensive gear can fail. One big piece we saw was the DBX Driverack PA!

Mackie VLZ mixers are not real strong according to techs I know. Mackies dog in many opinions.

I do know a lot of Pro Sound guys, clubs with Behringer equipment. Most popular ones :

DEQ2496

DCX2496

Virtualizer Pro

MX9000 mixers popular in HR, smaller studios

MDX compressors are popular

Some great budget gear. If you want better, pay for it. :cool:

I still laugh as hard seeing the bull{censored} on sites. Cheap cables, 20 foot cables coiled up when they only need a 3' patch cable :freak: Al sorts of {censored} from novice guys. Then they bitch about their equip and say its noisey or something. Just cuz it's a sub $800 mixer don't mean you use a $3 cable on a 25' run.

Like a guy bitching at HR forum about an Eventide. Noisy POS!! No, the user had a $5 cable with a $3000 rack unit :freak:

• Members

I agree with Norton. I ordered a 6262 (hard to get and was on a waiting list) but it finally came and I am impressed. I have had a 5150 in the past and liked the gain but as everyone knows it is a one trick pony. I am fairly impressed with the clean and crunch channels. I have a carvin bolt that sounds great through both. With a little boost (modded tubescreamer and keeley sd1) it sounds really good. I also have a traynor for this type of sound but the Bugera is close. I have been running a boss eq in the loop with the a chorus, tubescreamer and EH line booster in front. The lead channel has alot of gain. I don't play loud all the time and with the eq in the loop it sounds nice. With the tubescreamer in front is thickens the distortion alot but with the eq in the loop i really don't need any boosting. I have the gain between 5 and 6.5 for the heavy stuff I like to play. The crunch channels gain gets real distorted and Norton is exactly right when he says it would be great for sludge stoner type stuff. All in all I am very impressed with it and will keep it. It is very useful especially for the price. I am a gear whore so I will continue to get other amps but I like this thing and would like to try the 333. With some new tubes it may even sound better but I really am not disappointed at all so I haven't done a tube change out. I run it through a genz benz 2x12 or carvin v3 4x12 with 30's. The genz benz gives it great low end and the carvin gives it a little more sizzle and cut.

• Members

1. Who cares about clones, 90% the amps everyone here owns are clones or something else slightly changed on a previous amp with a new name slapped on it.

2. Everyone else is right.. why is it all the Rich Snobs bitching about these amps? If your not interested then don't get one and Ignore the threads about them.

3. If the boards/Input jacks/other parts are fragile in these then treat it like you would with any other decent amp. Don't throw it around, Don't smoke around it, Don't leave it in Extremely Hot or Cold weather, Don't just yank your cord out of it.

4. Why be a douche bag to somebody thats giving Valid opinions to people that could be possibly interested in these amps because they don't have thousands to drop on circuit boards and wires surrounded by a wood box?

5. I've owned Behringer EQ's and 2 mixers.. I've never had a problem with any of them and did the job just as good as the other companies that costs 2x's as much as the Behringer stuff did.

• Members

Just my opinion man. I am not trying to sell my store stock on HC. I put one post up here about having some available because I saw lots of folks that werent able to get them and were looking for them. In the last 2 years, I have sold probably 5 items on HC. That is not why I post this stuff. I post this stuff as a guitar player. Clips arent going to prove anything, just go try one.

Ok, you may not be pushing your stuff here, but you must see how it kind of looks like it sometimes. I think clips will tell us a lot. I can certainly tell if it's in the realm of a MKIV from a clip. My MarkIV clips sound pretty much exactly how the amp sounds in the room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Amazing huh the guys who can't afford over priced amps that cost sooo much less to produce and get a 3 to 4x mark up are psyched because they might be able to get a tube amp that kicks ass without having to re-mortgage their houses and guys who are being snobbish getting upset about a cheap amp that may sound good and feel like they've been ripped off or afraid that their status amongst amp owners will have been revoked lmao too {censored}in funny. Thanks for the reviews Norton now i'm looking forward to ordering a 333

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi Norton. I found your review to be very helpful since I'm looking for a decently priced tube amp myself.

I have a question. Have you ever played B-52 amps? If you do, how do you think it compares to bugera?

I think if I'm going to get a tube amp, it'd be either B52 of Bugera 212 combo. I just don't know which one would be better choice for me since I have no access to either of them:'(

• Members

Hi Norton. I found your review to be very helpful since I'm looking for a decently priced tube amp myself.

I have a question. Have you ever played B-52 amps? If you do, how do you think it compares to bugera?

I think if I'm going to get a tube amp, it'd be either B52 of Bugera 212 combo. I just don't know which one would be better choice for me since I have no access to either of them:'(

Dude...do yourself a favor and check out Peavey's ValveKing series, before rushing out and buying a POS Bugera. The ValveKing, IMHO, blows away the B-52 as well.

• Members

Clips arent going to prove anything, just go try one.

Saying all these great things about these amps as a dealer, and then saying that doesn't make much sense.

All the Bugera clips I have heard were horrible, but they were recorded direct, so that may be why...the only thing to prove that wrong would be new clips...

Bugera clips:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901263&highlight=bugera+clips

• Members
What's the deal with these things? How do they get away with ripping off the Peavey line? Also...if you're gonna clone a line of amps...why Peaveys? Haha.

Umm, cuz Peavey sells a {censored} load of those models, and it's all about scamming in on their bottom line $$$

• Members

Dude...do yourself a favor and check out Peavey's ValveKing series, before rushing out and buying a POS Bugera. The ValveKing, IMHO, blows away the B-52 as well.

Thanx for you tip Deuterium. But personally, if there's an amp whoes owners say that it can compare to highend peavys with better clean chanel, I'd like to try them more than the lowerend Peavys. It could be wrong, but I've heard some really good comments about bugeras from their owners(and a lot of bashings from people who had never played them.) The bugera 333 212 and 333XL 212 has more features than valveking too.

And since I'm not planning to spend $1k+ on my amp and I want a 212 tube combo new, Bugera, B52, or Peavy Valvking are like the only options I have.

Of the three, I am leaning towards Bugera for now. It'll be a few months until I get the money for it anyways so I guess I'll know what to get by then.

• Members

Oh one more thing.

Norton, I heard that the 333 has dumping switch but the 333XL doesn't. Is this true? If it is, does that make a lot of difference in tone?

I am thinking about getting 333 or 333XL combo in the future. Which is more recommended of the two? I do like the features of 333XL but you described 333's sound as "HUGE." So I'm wondering, which would be better if I want a big middy sound for lead?

Thanx in advance.

• Members

i really straddle the fence when it comes to anything by behringer/bugera, ive had a behringer cabinet that i paid $250 for and it was great,very loud with chest pounding bass, and i had a wah pedal that wasnt bad......and ive also had some behringer effect pedals that sounded like ass and a mixer that broke on contact....im gonna wait about a year to see if bugera is still on the market,and that might be enough time to get the first run bugs out:thu:

• Members

You notice a lot of people with the expensive amps get all flustered over these amps and the people with lower value amps or who have small spending budgets are high fiving each other.

People, honestly who gives a flying {censored}! Just buy amps that suit your taste regardless of the price tag and play them. :poke:

or spend a bit more on the amps they ripped off and get one that doesnt catch on fire... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder???

Archived