BUGERA REVIEW OF ALL 8 OF THEIR AMPS

Norton666

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, my good buddy ordered the 333XL. Tried to convince me to get one but I need to be convinced of the realiability first. I shall get him to give me a review when it arrives.

Also keep in mind JSX's have {censored} resale value, and you could a used one for not a helluva lot more than a Bugera clone.

• Members
This kind of thinking is retarded. Do you honestly think people are upset they got a Mesa, Marshall, Fender, Peavey, etc when it's so clear all of those are far better built than Bugeras are? If a Bugera sounds great, then fine. If you or anyone likes it, then goody.

But just because each component costs roughly the same but the labor of the big manufacturers send the price to 4x the cost of a Bugera, doesn't mean they're a rip off, or that we're feeling cheated or ripped off because we bought them.

When the Bugeras came out and I had gotten my JSX a few months earlier, I didn't slap my head and say "Gee, I could have gotten a Bugera"

When people have actively gigged them for a year and they don't break, I'll give serious consideration to the JSX clone, as I do miss it for some sounds. But until then, no thanks.

Also keep in mind JSX's have {censored} resale value, and you could a used one for not a helluva lot more than a Bugera clone.

exactly. Another friend of mine may be selling his JSX combo in the summer. What should I pay for it? He's thinking $1000 CDN.

• Members

If your selling them how come you don't own one?I don't think these amps have been on the market long enough to praise them. Thats why you see touring musicians using the same amps all the time. They have been road tested and known to last. I hope it does work out cause I know when I was a struggling musician that price would have looked pretty attractive.

• Members

I was impressed with how much ass the Behringer bass rigs had when I heard them. My point wasnt that they made a terrible sounding product, just that IME, they arent very road worthy, and you wouldnt see many, if any real gigging musicians using that stuff.

Not tryinng to put you on the spot, I'm just curious if you load that behringer out to gigs everyweekend? If not, and it stays at home most of the time, i would expect it to last quite a while... the stuff I've seen though just wasnt built to a standard to be loaded in, and out of cars, and bars all the time without something going wrong.

two or three times a month i put in my truck and take it for an hours drive .. I dont do gigs with it but i take it with me when praticing at my brothers house ...

• Members

Whenever we play a live show I always get comments about how good my 6505 sounds (I own a 6262 halfer hidden behind drop curtain) and how did I manage to get rid of so much "fizz" in it, who did my mods and such. Then I show them all I used was the Bugera with a Maxon OD808 and they look STUNNED. :thu:

• Members

I was impressed with how much ass the Behringer bass rigs had when I heard them. My point wasnt that they made a terrible sounding product, just that IME, they arent very road worthy, and you wouldnt see many, if any real gigging musicians using that stuff.

Not tryinng to put you on the spot, I'm just curious if you load that behringer out to gigs everyweekend? If not, and it stays at home most of the time, i would expect it to last quite a while... the stuff I've seen though just wasnt built to a standard to be loaded in, and out of cars, and bars all the time without something going wrong.

That is EXACTLY the problem I have with Behringer gear - put it in the back of a van with a bunch of roadcases, and you'll have a bunch of smaller pieces of Behringer gear...

Hell, when I put may Laney VH100R in the back of a van with a complete backline and monitoring for the whole band, I know that the worst thing that can happen is a broken chicken-head. I wouldn't trust a Bugera head that way... not unless I wanted it in two pieces so it's easier to carry. :p

That said - I think they sound perfectly fine. The 333XL was definitely :thu:, IMO - just keep the gain below 4 on every channel :)

• Members

I thought this was rather amusing.

vht_deliverance6.jpg

Those comments would apply to a good portion of the people on this board.

That's 2 douchebag blanket backings of Bugera or Be*#$ger out of you in two pages. You don't know a damn thing apparently. VHT shares nothing in common with this crap. Please find the pics linked earlier... your research skills could use the exercise.

Nobody can say anything good about the reliability yet. Every amp better damn well not have needed to go to the shop yet. Anything less is unreliable. Just meeting "functional" after a few months doesn't tell a story. Again if you see the pics you will KNOW people are going to break those supposed pots. I say supposed because I haven't seen such flimsy things attached to any of my audio gear. Those will decay in no time under tube amp heat.

• Members

That said - I think they sound perfectly fine. The 333XL was definitely
:thu:
, IMO - just keep the gain below 4 on every channel
:)

why would i keep the gain under 4 on all channels .. as of now I'm playing with the lead at at 5 and crunch at 8 .... or is it too early in the morning for me and just not catching something.....

• Members

Maybe it's just my sound preferences
;)
... I thought 4+ on the crunch and lead channels was simply too much to be a decent live sound...

Nah. I play live with my 6262 @ lead gain on 5 and my crunch gain on 8. Dead silent (ZERO noise) when I stop playing with guitar turned up and no noise reducing pedal of any kind. And people rip on active EMG's. Don't know why.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Well i can say good and bad things bout behringer. My old guitar teacher owned a behringer amp which i used every lesson and it was {censored}. It eventualy died while i was playing it :p.

On the contrary my mates dad who has played guitar for 35years has owned a behringer amp for 7 years without fault. He got for free which was the only reason he took it apparently but he now likes it and is his like cheap beat up amp.

So i think its a combination of luck of the draw and how you use it. If your gunna go gigging with them or just someone who beats their amps up, their probly not for you. but if you just play with your mates or bedroom jam etc then a behringer (or in this case bugera, which im seriously considereing getting the 333XL 212 for the last 2 reasons) then its probly a great budget tube amp.

btw you get wat u pay for, a 1grand tube amp isnt realy designed for beating up, thats why a good marshal or peavy for example costs like 2-3x as much. put everything into ratio people.....

cheer

brodie

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Just compared the Bugera 6260 combo to the Randall g100 combo. The Bugera rocks better found three sounds that i like in less than 15 min. And its Affordable very affordable. For what it is the price point is right for kicking the door in and taking a stand. Once the get established the prices will rise.

• Members

HC is a trip. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and know matter what amp it is people are going to say it's {censored}!! We all have a tone were after, i know i am. Funny thing is people say this forum is mostly people who listen and play brutal music. I been here long enough to know that's NOT true at all!! I have talked to some cool people on here no doubt, but i HATE when people compare what is suppose to be a metal amp to say, ac/dc or any other classic rock {censored}. I heard this so many times its not even funny.

If your going to buy a metal amp ATLEAST compare it to something worthy! Last but not least, if you know how to play and tweak you can get any amp to sound good. I didnt say GREAT, i said good. Yes i am somewhat curious about bugera but im not going to buy it just because someone plays it one time and says its great. Ive heard a lot of clips of expensive amps that sound like {censored}, does that mean that amp is {censored}? No. It means the dumbass doing the demo sucks and needs to invest more time and money in a better quality mic or recording program. WITHOUT eqing the {censored} out of it.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I have a Bugera 6262 which serves as a backup to my Mesa Dual Rec. I bought the amp cheap and was quite happy with the way it sounded. Mind you, it doesn't sound nearly as good as the Mesa, but it was very loud and had tons of gain which I like. About a 2 months of having it, the amp just quite working. After some research I figured out that the clip inside the amp had burnt up. $30 later it was fixed (for good) and had no more issues. After retubing it and running an equalizer through the back, the amp turned into a beast (and actually sounds almost as good as the Mesa). I'm quite happy with it and would buy another.

• Members

I'd love to buy a 333XL. $600 for a brand new head with tones that I love is pretty :love: to me.

But, I can probably find a used 3120 later on (which I tried and also love) for about the same amount of scratch. :idk: I dunno what I'll do.

Maybe I can find a used 333XL for $400 or something. :p Then again, I could just buy an Ultra+, like I've wanted to.

If olgluefoot would ship his god damn VTM.. :cop:

• Members

If I came into a retarded amount of money for some {censored}ed up reason, I would build a house in Antartica, and burn solely Bugeras to heat it. I wouldn't even live there. I'd just have a constant truck load of Bugeras sent up there, to keep it a toasty 80* inside.

Archived