BUGERA REVIEW OF ALL 8 OF THEIR AMPS

Norton666

• Members

Oh one more thing.

Norton, I heard that the 333 has dumping switch but the 333XL doesn't. Is this true? If it is, does that make a lot of difference in tone?

I am thinking about getting 333 or 333XL combo in the future. Which is more recommended of the two? I do like the features of 333XL but you described 333's sound as "HUGE." So I'm wondering, which would be better if I want a big middy sound for lead?

Thanx in advance.

are you norton or just an employee?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I got nothing to do with Norton(just to clarify, coz I don't want to ruin someone elses reputation...and it's so easy to do in a annonymus forum like this) You can find my name on Ibanez forum if you don't believe me, coz I've been a member there for a few years. Basically I'm just a broke student that's out looking for some cheap tube amp.

and yeah I've been doing more research on bugera and I'm thinking now that it's a bit too early to get one of those. I think I'll wait fore a while and see if the problems they are having is temporarly...coz anything new will have problems regardless of quality(look at windows vista, bunch of people had awful lot of problem even tho it's made by world's biggest OS company) but if the problem seems to persist...then I'll say bye to bugera and get used peavey xxx or B52 or something. But I'm hopeing the bugeras would be fine in a few/several months coz I really like the sound of all the bugera clips I've heard till now. Well, only time will tell...

• Members

thanks for the review norton......i don't know if anyone has noticed this yet but before you start bashing on bugera (when you haven't even played one) stop and think, dont you think ppl were initially a little skeptical when peavey first came out or marshall or fender? you've got to start somewhere, there a brandnew company just trying to get started in a bigass cut throat market. line 6 are the biggest rip off's of all time where's all the hating and bashing at? Vox's valetronix amps are nothing but rip off's of other companies amps, hell almost every company rips other company's off so why is it such a big shock that bugera has amps inspired by peavey? and since everyone seems to be bashing on amps whoever the guy was that said the valveking will smoke the bugera's and b-52's is a moron, the only thing that amp will smoke them in is a dick smoking competition, because the valvequeen SUCKS it's not versatile and the distortion sounds like {censored}, the clean channel is decent and it will get loud thats as good as the valveking gets (i know from expierence, i owned the whole valveking stack) do a little research on bugera and you will see that Bugera and Behringer are two completely different companies. behringer is only advertising and distributing for bugera. the quality and reliability of behringer's products should have nothing to do with the quality or reliability of bugera's things. behringer makes behringer things and bugera makes bugera things. two completely seperate companies

• Members

I'm on week 3 with my 333XL and still sounds great. I have a hot plate hooked up to it and I have been driving the amp at half power 2 hrs a day. So far so good. After reading all the Bugera bashing on this forum I get scared every time I flip the power switch.

• Members

I own the 333xl head. I also own a 6505+. I bought the 333xl as a back up. Now its my main amp. It blows the 6505. I didnt expect that at all from a 600 dollar head. I was like everyone else. I figured cheap amps... gonna sound cheap but will work for a backup. But no. Amazing tone. I can't even hardly use the 6505 anymore. The 333xl has that tighter saturated gain tone ive always wanted.

• Members
I own the 333xl head. I also own a 6505+. I bought the 333xl as a back up. Now its my main amp. It blows the 6505. I didnt expect that at all from a 600 dollar head. I was like everyone else. I figured cheap amps... gonna sound cheap but will work for a backup. But no. Amazing tone. I can't even hardly use the 6505 anymore. The 333xl has that tighter saturated gain tone ive always wanted.

Sounds like you really wanted something from the Ultra lineage of amps and not the 6505. The ultra plus or JSX would probably fit your style a little more.

• Members

yeah i shoulda went with the jsx instead of the 6505. I just bought into all the fab about the 6505 is the metal amp and has all this gain. Im mostly just a metal player. the 333xl has more gain than the 6505 but plus the gain just sounds better. It doesnt sound all screachy and noisy like the 6505. I won't buy another 6505. Ive owned a 5150 and 6505. I just got sick of that 5150 tone. I dont see why everyone loves them so much really. I just used them because my favorite bands used them and i was up at the amp every 10 minutes tweaking with the tone. I never was satisfied with the thing. The 333xl.... i set the eq one time. Havent had to mess with it. Sounds perfect everytime I turn it on.

• Members

Most pro sound guys won't touch Behringer gear with a 10 foot pole. Doesn't make it bad stuff, but I can't count the # of riders I've seen with "No Behringer" in bold.

There are two Composers at my venue and one of them will not even power up anymore. The other one only has 1 channel functioning. The fact of the matter is that dbx makes a way better product as far as comps go, and they are only a little more money. My experience with Behringer pro audio rack gear has not been good at all. Their powered cabs and mixers were fine although I haven't used them in years.

• Members

yeah i shoulda went with the jsx instead of the 6505. I just bought into all the fab about the 6505 is the metal amp and has all this gain. Im mostly just a metal player. the 333xl has more gain than the 6505 but plus the gain just sounds better. It doesnt sound all screachy and noisy like the 6505. I won't buy another 6505. Ive owned a 5150 and 6505. I just got sick of that 5150 tone. I dont see why everyone loves them so much really. I just used them because my favorite bands used them and i was up at the amp every 10 minutes tweaking with the tone. I never was satisfied with the thing. The 333xl.... i set the eq one time. Havent had to mess with it. Sounds perfect everytime I turn it on.

Put the Bugera in your sig if you're not embarrassed by it :p

• Members

There are two Composers at my venue and one of them will not even power up anymore. The other one only has 1 channel functioning. The fact of the matter is that dbx makes a way better product as far as comps go, and they are only a little more money. My experience with Behringer pro audio rack gear has not been good at all. Their powered cabs and mixers were fine although I haven't used them in years.

Yeah id agree most behringer stuff is crap. Thats why when I first heard of these amps I was like yeah... whatever... I got a dealer here though and tried them out. I was like wow it sounds great but how does it hold up? And he said if it broke down within a year he'd just give me a new one and send that one back to them. Ive been friends with him for years so I trust that he'll do so. I needed a back up to my 6505 but now my 6505 backs up the bugera. Hell even my drummer was like man the tone is way better. And he doesnt know {censored} about guitar stuff. I think I like el-34's better now. And would have my 6505 modded to where I could use el-34's if I was to keep using it. But I just dont see myself using it anytime soon.

• Members

I think the problem is that people spend over a grand for a head and something like this comes along that MIGHT have a better tone than there amp so they are bitter that they spent all that money.

Wake up man. 90% of them are breaking in the first week of use. I'm not jealous of $500 that went up in smoke.

• Members

I think the problem is that people spend over a grand for a head and something like this comes along that MIGHT have a better tone than there amp so they are bitter that they spent all that money.

That may be true for some people but not all. The flip side of that is the Bugera owners use that argument to vindicate themselves...

• Members

"Welcome to HCAF....where people who LOOOVE to judge and give opinions on amps they've never even tried."

+11111111111111111111000000000000000000000000000

Funny thing about this place-both here and the guitar threads: Lot of opinionated blow-hards that are quick to slam anything and everything that doesnt have a particular brand logo on it.But Lord help anyone that dare criticize one of the Sacred Brands,even when some of them have long since failed to live up to thier over-inflated reputations. It's all about as silly as listening to group of middle-school girls yapping about who wears which brand of shoes lool. And about as well-informed..

Face it folks: Yes,it is possible for someone to come along and offer a product,be it unique or a knock-off,that sounds and/or works as well as or better than something you paid 5 times as much for. And if it doesnt hold up under use? It will quickly fade into the shadows again is all.And if it does hold up? Shame on you,then for being suckered lool.

• Members

Ive had a 6262 for a few weeks now. It hasnt caught on fire . Sounds pretty good with an EQ in the loop. I dont like having to do that though.

The main weak point: the pots are NOT attached to the chassis. They are floating thru the holes and mounted right on the pcb.

This could end the show quickly if your bass player bumps his fat ass into the front of your amp :cry:

• Members

I got to play a 6260 yesterday for a few hours. It's a smokin' little combo. The stock speakers don't suck, either - better than Peavey's Sheffield 1230s, but I guess that's not hard. Whole lotta tone for the money, whatever you think of the company's ethics. It's a bit meatier than the 5150, if that makes any sense. They're not quite the same, just very close. It might not have quite as much upper midrange grind going on as the 5150.

I might pick it up. I'll be swapping the speakers and the tubes out first thing, and a pot replacement might be in order down the line.

Its reverb does not suck, either, but why they'd want to mate a relatively fizzy, ultra high gain amplifier with on-board reverb is beyond me. Maybe on-board optical compression :p

• Members

Ive had a 6262 for a few weeks now. It hasnt caught on fire . Sounds pretty good with an EQ in the loop. I dont like having to do that though.

The main weak point: the pots are NOT attached to the chassis. They are floating thru the holes and mounted right on the pcb.

This could end the show quickly if your bass player bumps his fat ass into the front of your amp
:cry:

i like your sig, but then again, Mexico, same as the USA is in America!

It is even called US of Mexico of America.

America is the whole MF continent and it is divided in North america,central america, South america , and then you get the caribbean with the antillas mayores and menores.

Only in the mind of USA citizens america is a country and not a continent.

By the way:

I have never heard of pots floating thru the wholes, that is a nono.

Even then i think the Bugera around here in a Video sounds good for what it is.

I also think there are a lot of " opinions" here of people who have never even seen a Bugera live, just in pictures.

• Members

i like your sig, but then again, Mexico, same as the USA is in America!

It is even called US of Mexico of America.

America is the whole MF continent and it is divided in North america,central america, South america , and then you get the caribbean with the antillas mayores and menores.

Only in the mind of USA citizens america is a country and not a continent.

By the way:

I have never heard of pots floating thru the wholes, that is a nono.

Even then i think the Bugera around here in a Video sounds good for what it is.

I also think there are a lot of " opinions" here of people who have never even seen a Bugera live, just in pictures.

Without answering the silly political troll in your post, I will say that plenty of inexpensive amps use PCB-mounted pots with long shafts. I haven't seen any serious tube or SS amps with plastic pot knobs, though, that seems awfully cheap. Like I said, I'd measure them and replace the pots later if I picked it up. That's just asking for trouble.

• Members

Hey agreed did you try the 333xl? I went in with the intention of buying the 6262 because of what I had heard about them and then tried the 333xl and it was just totally way better. Try it out before you pick up the 6260. My dealer said everyone thats walked in to get a 6262 and tried the 333xl ended up walking out with the 333.

• Members

Without answering the silly political troll in your post, I will say that plenty of inexpensive amps use PCB-mounted pots with long shafts. I haven't seen any serious tube or SS amps with plastic pot knobs, though, that seems awfully cheap. Like I said, I'd measure them and replace the pots later if I picked it up. That's just asking for trouble.

not political, geographical.

I completely agree with you and i am also saying that the clips i have heard sound very good for the money.

But i would be afraid that the pots are floating , even when they are directly mounted to the pcb, why not screw them thru the chasis into the Pcb?????

I mean, you can easily break the pcb then....

Maybe i am not understanding anything at all, 5th day in a row with only a couple of hours of sleep.

Archived