Martin SLAM! Thread

JasmineTea

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GODDAMMIT:mad: Didn't ANYONE look at/respond (viscerally er whatevah) to the Felix*?
http://www.mguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=m&m=FeLiX%20II

IT'S FELIX fer chrissake! Feels good, looks good (cute as a button), sounds good, stable/sustainable materials, swell price (while being collectibly legit). It seems to waltz right around the slams and reperspectivates those doing hagiography on Blessed Saint Martin AND those who see Martin as the Luthier's-Antichrist-come-as-Mammon.

• Members

Originally posted by urizen

GODDAMMIT:mad: Didn't ANYONE look at/respond (viscerally er whatevah) to the Felix*?

IT'S FELIX fer chrissake! Feels good, looks good (cute as a button), sounds good, stable/sustainable materials, swell price (while being collectibly legit). It seems to waltz right around the slams and reperspectivates those doing hagiography on Blessed Saint Martin AND those who see Martin as the Luthier's-Antichrist-come-as-Mammon.

dude we've all seen it ten times before... start your own damn thread if you need more attention.

• Members

Maybe Martin should make a Micky Mouse guitar ?-- you know like the one they had on the Television show back in the 60's - but instead of making it a tenor, make it a 6 string -( they could also have a tenor version , exactly like the original- as an option )- I want to see it with the mouse ear extensions and painted like the original - Id get one -- make it out of real wood ( solid mahogany would be nice ) not that HPL garbage like they use on the 2 Felix guitar's .

• Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

Watch out for those boston creams. Next thing you know your pants don't fit anymore..

1 glaze

1 blueberry cake

thats all for me man... ever since they changed the boston creams from the long version to the round version i haven't really gotten them... i just like ordering 'long johns'... call me crazy.

so you're up early too then? must not have drank enough last night.

• Members

Ha! No, did'nt drink anything last night. My new job has me up at midnight so I can get to work by 2am. I'm off today but got up around 2 or 3 anyway...Now that I think of it, I've got a pre-packaged doughnut laying around here that I got somewhere...hey, not bad.

• Members

I sure don't like getting up at midnight. going to sleep at 5 in the afternoon is not easy.

I need to do something els. I took this job because it's part time, weds and thurs only, which leaves the weekends wide open for music. We'll see if it works out as planned.

• Members

Well, if you're not gonna "let it die", might as well add some new twist to it.

Like I was up at the same time as you guys yesterday and I was reading your x-change with JT. Classic film noir stuff -if you didn't know the topic.

Picture it. Two guys (in black & white obviously) in some diner somewhere discussing a "hit":

-"Man, you're up early.

-trust me i don't want to be up, did'nt drink anything last night.

-My new job has me up at midnight. I'm going to be slaving away like a dog, its not strenuous at all... but i love to complain, obviously.

-I need to do something else We'll see if it works out as planned. i'm definitely not letting this one die......."

And then it's time to "pulp fiction" the place. Put their hands in those strange looking cases under the table and out come their........guitars.

.An early morning gig, perhaps?

• Members

Since I have nothing else to post, I'll just mention that I did receive my D-16R from Maury's Music and it's AWESOME. Plays sweet, sounds great, smells good :D and the fret edges and details are all top notch.

:thu:

Plus, Maury threw in a compensated bone saddle (without me asking) even though he gave me the lowest price possible. Nice.

I'm a happy camper. One of these days I'll put it down long enough to take a picture of it and upload it. ;)

Okay...continue Martin-bashing. Suckers. :p

• Members
Originally posted by d03nut

Well, if you're not gonna "let it die", might as well add some new twist to it.

Like I was up at the same time as you guys yesterday and I was reading your x-change with JT. Classic film noir stuff -if you didn't know the topic.

Picture it. Two guys (in black & white obviously) in some diner somewhere discussing a "hit":

-"Man, you're up early.

-trust me i don't want to be up, did'nt drink anything last night.

-My new job has me up at midnight. I'm going to be slaving away like a dog, its not strenuous at all... but i love to complain, obviously.

-I need to do something else We'll see if it works out as planned. i'm definitely not letting this one die......."

And then it's time to "pulp fiction" the place. Put their hands in those strange looking cases under the table and out come their........guitars.

.An early morning gig, perhaps?

Do3nut... This was so good it needed repeating :D

Archived