One month until the HCAG album project...

kwakatak

• Members

... and I got nuthin' :(

I'm feeling a little uninspired and have taken to just fiddling around with my electric guitars. As usual I've got a few ideas in my head but I've got either no time or no motivation to sit down and flesh them out.

As a result, I'm kind of bummed out. I hope I'm not the only one being so unproductive. Is anybody else feeling the winter doldrums as bad as I am?

OK - I suppose I should start by taking the Elixirs off my Larri. I'm thinking John Pearse custom light PB's over Martin SP PB Fingerstyles this time around...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

... and I got nuthin'
:(

I'm feeling a little uninspired and have taken to just fiddling around with my electric guitars. As usual I've got a few ideas in my head but I've got either no time or no motivation to sit down and flesh them out.

As a result, I'm kind of bummed out. I hope I'm not the only one being so unproductive. Is anybody else feeling the winter doldrums as bad as I am?

OK - I suppose I should start by taking the Elixirs off my Larri. I'm thinking John Pearse custom light PB's over Martin SP PB Fingerstyles this time around...

It barely got above 10 degrees over the past 10 days. I hate winter.....

I hope to get some recording done this weekend. Our weekends have been pretty hectic over the past month. My son has a baseball clinic on Friday nights (inside the school gym) and my daughter has basketball games on Saturdays.

I'm going to shoot for Saturday night.....

• Members

Fear not... I got squat.

Been really wanting to write a couple o' fresh originals for this thing. I'm maybe halfway through one and blocked bigtime.

As a backup (probably a front-up, really, since I'm not too sure about finishing two new tunes), I thought I'd record some covers. I was kind of in the zone a couple days back, sat down, hit record, no red light fever for once, nailed this one song better than ever... But I've had this device for only a few days, have no clue how to use it, and last night I inadvertently erased that recording...

Square Onesville.

I've always liked a little deadline pressure, though.

• Members

It's good to see that at least a couple of you are having similar setbacks - you know, the old "misery loves company" thing! ;)

Right now I'm even skimping from my duties but have gotten a brief reprieve while I give my son a "drum lesson!"

Perhaps a few of us should pool our efforts and just jam to something? Just an idea. I have no idea how to make it work. Certainly somebody with rhythm needs to be involved!

• Members

It barely got above 10 degrees over the past 10 days. I hate winter.....

I hope to get some recording done this weekend. Our weekends have been pretty hectic over the past month. My son has a baseball clinic on Friday nights (inside the school gym) and my daughter has basketball games on Saturdays.

I'm going to shoot for Saturday night.....

I know how you feel. Even though my wife is 7 months pregnant she's still a work-a-holic and is only home for a couple of hours in the evening before she goes to bed.

My son is even busy. He's got speech therapists who make house calls, we have parent/toddler preschool one day a week and every so often I like to take him to the library for story time or to the mall so that he can run around the kid's play area. If I try to play my guitars he pitches a fit or disappears and gets into mischief.

The rest of the time I'm in chore mode (feeding, cleaning, wiping asses) and any free time I have would probably be better-served catching up on sleep.

Hopefully I'll get something down this weekend though. The gears are turning but again the hands are busy elsewhere. Speaking of which, I gotta go...!

• Members
Where do we post the tunes? In the original thread?

:confused:

I think we'd agreed to send all the files, disks, whatever, to some unfortunate soul who'd agreed to compile everything onto a CD? Maybe not, though. I should really go back and read over that original thread...

• Members

I think we'd agreed to send all the files, disks, whatever, to some unfortunate soul who'd agreed to compile everything onto a CD? Maybe not, though. I should really go back and read over that original thread...

I kinda scanned over that thread--saw some postings but then some other stuff.

Maybe I missed the pertinent info.

:confused:

• Members

I thought everyone would be all geared up for this thing and ready, already, except me. Looks like I'm in good company. I've been working 24/7 on projects for my job. Every time I try to set up for a recording session my mind drifts to some aspect of an upcoming deadline and Kablooey, so much for recording. I can't record or sing worth a crap as it is.

• Members

i wouldn't mind at all being saddled with compiling the tunes... i'm ill equipped for copying CDs and graphical stuff... but i'll be the bag man for the actual assembly of the songs on the CD. I can take anything in .WAV form and make it work if you guys don't expect too much 'slickening'.

• Members

For those who forgot, Whalebot offered to gather all of the material together and put it on a disc. What happens next is not yet decided.
I sent Whale 3 tunes (I'm leaving it to him to pick the better 2 of the 3)
I don't believe that I am in the league of the rest of you guys, but this is supposed to be a group experience, not the next Thriller.

• Members

but this is supposed to be a group experience, not the next Thriller.

hahaha... great point... i forgot that whale had volunteered his services... in light of that, i withdraw my volunteer post... haha... if he needs anything, he knows where to find me... i guess i should send him something, hmm.

• Members

i wouldn't mind at all being saddled with compiling the tunes... i'm ill equipped for copying CDs and graphical stuff... but i'll be the bag man for the actual assembly of the songs on the CD. I can take anything in .WAV form and make it work if you guys don't expect too much 'slickening'.

Consult Whale on that. I think he volunteered to be the bag man but I think he said he's moving and has some other stuff going on.

I've got some tunes worked out fairly well, one original and one cover. My recording date stood me up last time but said he'd find time to do it "soon". His gear is basic but good, he's got a CD burner too so I can send you a disc. My stuff should be just a matter of just dumping it to your computer without having to do anything to it.

I guess my songs are ready, but the more I mess around with them the more they get tweeked this way or that, I find another/better way to play this or that part. Seems like I've been playing the same couple songs for the last month or so...

I'm totally cool with pushing the deadline into next whatever.

• Members

I don't see February working for me. I have a collaboration going with RT1 and he's waiting for my sorry ass. But, it's a song and I just came down with some respiratory crud. Plus, I found out tonight I need to leave Sunday to go to Chicago for a week. I'll think of some more excuses later. If the show must go on don't hold the curtain call for me.

• Members

if i had a vote, i'd vote for dates being pretty flexible...

Same here. I don't doubt that I can pull something off by the deadline - but considering that the quality of the recording (nevermind the noob playing) will be straight poo whether I get it done in February '07 or February '77, not tough to pull off. Thing is, it'll still be a supremely cool idea in April or May, and I'd rather have the whole crew in and get it done a little late than lose a few - lose Cripes? F that - just to hit a deadline.

• Members

Same here. I don't doubt that I can pull something off by the deadline - but considering that the quality of the recording (nevermind the noob playing) will be straight poo whether I get it done in February '07 or February '77, not tough to pull off. Thing is, it'll still be a supremely cool idea in April or May, and I'd rather have the whole crew in and get it done a little late than lose a few - lose Cripes? F that - just to hit a deadline.

Hell, if Guns in Roses can take ten years to record an album, we should be able to extend our deadline by a month or two....:D

Archived