HGAC Album project

Freeman Keller

• Members

OK, the project has died because Cldplytkmn has essentually gone away. I've tried to PM and e-mail him through the forum and finally got a reply to the one I sent to his web page. I told him that if he would send me all the submissions in whatever form he had them I would take care of mastering this thing and getting it out to everyone. That was August 3rd and I haven't heard back so I'm going to start over.

If someone knows Stephen and can get the materials and send it to me I'll promise you that I'll put it together. If not, I would ask everyone to send me your submissions again and I'll make it happen. This would be a chance to update your submission if you've been working on something new. I want to see this thing completed so please mail me your songs on a cd to

Freeman Keller

1212 Washington

Wenatchee, WA 98801

Since everyone has done their recording lets say that if I have all the songs in one month I'll start doing the mastering on the first of October and we should have the actual discs in November. If everyone agrees with this I'll PM the mods and ask for the other sticky to be killed and this one substituted. .

btw - Clippity assures me that everything is ok and he is just busy. But lets make this thing happen!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alrighty then...I will endeavor to forward to you what I have and leave it up to you to select what you think appropriate. Too bad Clip is all tangle-footed in homesteading for his new bride because now we probably won't get his contribution on this album. Maybe next time around.

Thanks for taking up the slack, Freeman.

• Members

Aw sh**. This means I've gotta contact Smatel, and I'm not real fond of the guy these days...and with no luck, he's probly ditched the recordings anyway. If I had my own recording rig set up I'd have no problem re-doing my stuff.

I don't know what to say...wait aminute, I might have an idea. I've got some recordings I did a couple years ago on a casette recorder that came out alright. I'll see if I can find them.

• Members

Yikers. Will try to re-record, if possible. The PC I saved my stuff on has dropped dead, and I've moved into a place where my neighbors are not exactly the quietest bunch you're likely to encounter... and I'm living on the first floor, windows overlooking the building entrance. So I figure my only hope is to try and bang it out at 3am on a weekday. Are we aiming for a particular timeframe on this second attempt? I would not want the project to get held up further on my account.

• Members

I've been avoiding this forum. I haven't bought a guit in quite a while and I find that this place really stokes my fire. I've been poking in and out checking up on this HCAG music project lately. I'm focusing on my writing right now. Plus I'm on a cross country search for Sasquatch. I almost had the bastard in Northeast Minnesota but he was driving a faster car.

• Members

I've been avoiding this forum. I haven't bought a guit in quite a while and I find that this place really stokes my fire. I've been poking in and out checking up on this HCAG music project lately. I'm focusing on my writing right now. Plus I'm on a cross country search for Sasquatch. I almost had the bastard in Northeast Minnesota but he was driving a faster car.

You need to check in more often, man. If I can do it, you can too! ;)

j/k I know you have a lot on your plate. Just don't be a stranger. :wave:

• Members

This actually may work out OK for all you people ;). I worked up a fingerpicking song for the album and then found out I was too stupid to make the recording software work. Anyway, I'll try to throw something together and get it to Freeman.

Did you know that the bastards charge you for the software and then want another $29.95 for the part that converts it into .wav or .mp3?

I used to have a Concord reel to reel that worked gooder.

• Members

Did you know that the bastards charge you for the software and then want another $29.95 for the part that converts it into .wav or .mp3?

Just FYI, there's a shareware program called "Switch" that does that. I've used it to convert mp3's to wav, though I've not tried it the other way 'round. I think their website is www.nch.com.au. Might be of interest to some of you. I have the basic free version, but there's an inexpensive full version that has even more capabilities.

• Members

Just FYI, there's a shareware program called "Switch" that does that. I've used it to convert mp3's to wav, though I've not tried it the other way 'round. I think their website is
. Might be of interest to some of you. I have the basic free version, but there's an inexpensive full version that has even more capabilities.

Thanks DT. I'll take a look. I just bought the new Sonar 6 as an upgrade to my Guitar Tracks for $150. It retails at Sweetwater for $299 so I couldn't resist. I hope it's got the converter built in.

• Members

I'll be completing and sending my CD to Freeman Saturday.

Dan, I really am confused about the prices you're quoting. I'm making music files that are pretty good on-the-cheap. I guess I'm not familiar with your method.

I've got delusions of grandeur Sweb. Sonar is the Cakewalk music production software for the PC that is closest to Pro Tools without the $10K price tag. I'd like to squirm together my own backing tracks and use it for clips of amps I build and sharing with people like us. You can assemble tracks from loops, synths, yourself playing a variety of instruments and all that trash and supposedly come out with something kind of studio like. And as usual I'm making all of my purchases based on impulse and ego rather than careful thought and pragmatism.

What do you use to record clips?

;) Dan H

• Members

Acoustica by Mixcraft. It's a $40.00 purchase. There are other free downloads I've heard of. I just tossed a dart and hit this product while searching around the web. It works pretty well for me. And, it renders all the usual file types. It will download a free demo. At the end of the trial period it will prompt you to purchase and cease to allow access until you do the on-line purchase.

Sounds like you're gearing up for production in the amp category. Got any acoustic amps? I'll give one a go.

• Members

Acoustica by Mixcraft. It's a $40.00 purchase. There are other free downloads I've heard of. I just tossed a dart and hit this product while searching around the web. It works pretty well for me. And, it renders all the usual file types. It will download a free demo. At the end of the trial period it will prompt you to purchase and cease to allow access until you do the on-line purchase.

Sounds like you're gearing up for production in the amp category. Got any acoustic amps? I'll give one a go.

Most of those are silicon based. I'm strictly a Hollow State guy. If I ever capture an interesting scheme for a decent acoustic amp I'll let you know. I got a niece who needs one too. Those are my main customers right now. Poor relatives.

It's a hobby with potential for the occasional sale. I get really lost in it. I stayed at it pretty steady while my dad was dieing. Between duties with him. Saved my life I think.

Archived