HGAC Album project

Freeman Keller

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe we're ditching the CD idea because of the copyright issues and sticking to a shared Putfile account or some similar site.

Haven't been following this thread regularly, but if it would help I have a website account with gigs of disk storage that's not being used, and would be no problem to host mp3's for this project. I've already offered to host Freeman's clips for his string and pin tests, which people have had problems accessing on putfile. I can combine all this stuff into a website which would supplement the HCAG board, and provide a place for members to post their music, and whatever else may be of interest.

• Members

Haven't been following this thread regularly, but if it would help I have a website account with gigs of disk storage that's not being used, and would be no problem to host mp3's for this project. I've already offered to host Freeman's clips for his string and pin tests, which people have had problems accessing on putfile. I can combine all this stuff into a website which would supplement the HCAG board, and provide a place for members to post their music, and whatever else may be of interest.

Krash, I was actually going to proposition you on this. I have not been having any luck with files on Putfile that you can down load and burn your own disk - play yes, but not transfer the files.

This is a very generous offer and might sidestep all the copyright issues too. I'm working on condensing everyone's work to mp3's and getting the references done - I will be in touch by PM or e-mail soon.

• Members

Krash, I was actually going to proposition you on this. I have not been having any luck with files on Putfile that you can down load and burn your own disk - play yes, but not transfer the files.

Putfile does not give you an option to d/l clips to your computer, but there's a backdoor way of doing it. When the mp3 finishes loading into the putfile player, it's on your computer in the WindowsTemporary Internet Files folder. You can move it to another folder to save it.

It appears that some of your clips from the string & pin tests are no longer on putfile - there's a message that they were removed for tos violations.

This is a very generous offer and might sidestep all the copyright issues too. I'm working on condensing everyone's work to mp3's and getting the references done - I will be in touch by PM or e-mail soon.

I have a domain and website account that were set up for a project that never got off the ground - it only costs me $8.99/mo., so I've kept it running. Wouldn't be a whole lot of work to reuse the basic site design for a different purpose, and I'd enjoy doing it. Any ideas that anyone has in the way of additional content would be welcome.

• Members

So, I understand that if a person decides they want to retain a particular piece they will have to select the downloaded MP3 and save it from their Windows/Temporary Internet Files folder to another file like My Documents. That's easy enough. But, isn't there still some site scrutiny given to that Putfile account by the mods there looking for copywritten stuff? If so, and they decide to make it go away, would that jeopardize the whole of the project? I'm not savvy about such stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived