Any Pets?

Amanda-Jane

• Members

I wasn't going to reply to this post, but a weird one happened to me tonight. I was at an open mic tonight and a friend and the owner's daughter were talking about pets and vets. She asked me what vet I used. I told her I had no clue, whoever my wife takes them to. So she asked me my last name. When I told her she asked if my dogs were Salty and Pepper (which they are). She then told me that they were due for shots (she works at the vet). I don't live in a small town; there's like a million people in the Ft. Laud. metropolitan area.

We also have a cat, a rabbit and some fish. Used to have a burrowing owl in the yard, but it moved. Lots of brown widow spiders around the outside of the house.

Scott O

• Members

I wasn't going to reply to this post, but a weird one happened to me tonight. I was at an open mic tonight and a friend and the owner's daughter were talking about pets and vets. She asked me what vet I used. I told her I had no clue, whoever my wife takes them to. So she asked me my last name. When I told her she asked if my dogs were Salty and Pepper (which they are). She then told me that they were due for shots (she works at the vet). I don't like in a small town; there's like a million people in the Ft. Laud. metropolitan area.

... it's not called stalking.

;)

• Members
I guess I'm the resident cat person. We have a 7 year-old Burmese who is pedigree but not show quality. She can be as affectionate as a dog but she's strictly an indoor cat since she has no survival instincts whatsoever and is a bit psychotic. She has an aversion to mice - she tends to jump on chairs when she sees one - as well as either a pure hatred or a sadistic attraction to my bare feet.

Me too Neil, I just keel over with anaphylactic shock when they sit on me. Came out of the blue. Had cats all my life then one day I'd had enough. Poor old Bud had to go to a new home, it was a good one though.

• Members

so we were jammin' one night and the banjo player says to me "you know, your cat just peed in my banjo case?' and I said, "no, hum a couple of bars..."

RIMSHOT!! He's here all week folks...2 shows on Saturday! :)

We have a cat. She's a &^$%#ing music critic.

• Members

Otis, my Aussie.

Zoe, our Heinz 57 rescue dog.

Baby, our oldest rescue cat. Mostly white Domestic Shorthair with a few large black splotches.

Pantara, our inherited Persian. She's black.

Milo, another rescue cat. Orange and white Domestic Shorthair.

Landon, our youngest rescued cat. A Cinnamon colored Somali my daughter picked up from a freeway off ramp where he had, apparently, been tossed out a window. He had road rash on his chin. Thinks he's a dog, eats dog food, chases balls, chews dog chews, hangs with the dogs.

• Members

My dearest friend recently left me after 18 1/2 years. He was a Chocolate Labrador and his name was SamBear.

"Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog." (Sidney Jeanne Seward)

I wrote some music about him. I can't play it without getting all choked up. Our bond was extraordinary, we were inseparable, and his passing left a terrible hole in my heart.

A sweet, zany Yellow Labrador is my canine companion now. Her name is Lady and she's about 8 or 9 years old, as best anyone can tell. She, too, seemed lost and grieved when SamBear went to the Rainbow Bridge*. In comforting SamBear's companion, I, too, began to heal, and we are very close now.

Two cats, too.

Whitney is 18 now, and is the "senior critter" around the house. She loves the guitar and will reach a paw towards the strings and try to "play" whenever I have it out of the case. She also likes to walk across piano keys and enjoys whatever comes out of the stereo speakers when I play a CD.

Hobo, the tomcat, has no taste in music whatsoever, but he's a great lap cat.

All my pets were found abandoned and/or abused. I could do no less than adopt them. They all add another very special dimension to my life, giving so much more than they get, as is the way of our animal companions.

*For the story of Rainbow Bridge, please visit: http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm It is beautiful.

• Members

We have a 7 year old Springer Spaniel, Katie. She is the love of my life.

She is just good enough to keep and just bad enough to be cute. We just had her to the vet today because she ate a chicken carcas my wife carelessly left on our kitchen counter. She'll be alright, but it cost $88.10 to find out. Oh.....

and by the way, she is completely indifferent to my guitar playing. :D

• Members

We have a 7 year old Springer Spaniel, Katie. She is the love of my life.

She is just good enough to keep and just bad enough to be cute. We just had her to the vet today because she ate a chicken carcas my wife carelessly left on our kitchen counter. She'll be alright, but it cost $88.10 to find out. Oh.....

and by the way, she is completely indifferent to my guitar playing.
:D

Our old springer Chuck ate several chicken carcases in his day. Tough old SOB, never even burped. Five years, and God, I miss him.

• Members

Our old springer Chuck ate several chicken carcases in his day. Tough old SOB, never even burped. Five years, and God, I miss him.

Boy howdy can I relate.

Melody, liver and white Springer---born from her mama's womb into my hands, graced my life for 11 1/2 years until she stroked out and I ended it---Summer Solstice 2005.

Best friend I ever had. Squirrel-killing and EATING little bitch! Tough as hardened steel nails, game for anything I wanted to do. I'd hook a bass and she'd be over the side of the boat to fetch it to Daddy.

Gawd, how I miss her.

Archived