Any Pets?

Amanda-Jane

• Members

So you have your guitar- maybe its like a friend to you. It has shared alot of experiences with you, helping you express your feelings.

Do you have a pet that you trust your secrets too?

I have a black lab, 2 years old. She is the best friend I have ever had. Truely. I love her more than most people.

I have been blessed with her company. The best part of my day is hanging out with my girl.. We walk and play at the park at least an hour a day. I don't know who benifits more from our quality time together, her or me

Do you have any pets that are extra special to you?

PS.. I dont have URL's to post pics so... my avatar- suprise, is not me but my girl. She loves music, or maybe she just loves me :p.. she is always at my side. I'm lucky too, cause I can bring her to work with me many days as well. I work in a small office- where we are all dog lovers.

• Members

My wife and I have two dogs...

IMG_2977-large.jpg

The little girl on the left loves to listen to me play and sing... she will even listen to be play electric... I always thought it would have hurt her ears, but she never seems happier than when she is listening to me play and sing on my acoustic!!!

I love these little dogs more than my guitars if that is believable!

I never would have thought I would have a reason to share them on this forum though... good thought Amanda-Jane!

• Members

Well, I have two pets. First up is my cat, Killer. Trust me, she named herself after two days of receiving her. She doesn't like most people, gets violent if you anger her, which doesn't take much, and is just an all around cool cat. Some folks call her Freddy Kreuger. One thing that she does that I find both annoying and cool at the same time is, she loves it when I play my guitar, and she shows it by rubbing against it, usually on the strings by the sound hole. She's the reason I got so comfortable playing while standing.

My other is Domino the box turtle. He's about 11 years old, at least, that's how long I've had him. Believe it or not, Killer loves him. When I let him out, she is always within a couple feet from him.

This picture was taken about three years ago.

KillerNDomino.jpg

Dan

• Members

I have five grandpets. Same advantage as the grandkids, of which I also have five. You visit, you enjoy, you go home....no peeing around the house, no vet bills.

My son has the aforementioned seriously off-center black Lab.

My daughter has an English Mastiff, an Australian Shepherd, a very cool cat named Phoebe, and a strange little cat named Lindy who weighs next-to-nothing. And three kids. And my sympathy.;)

• Members

First off here's my indoor pets.

A 17lb Norwegian Forrest cat,, and my yellow Lab in the background.

SimonSideSmall.jpg

Then there's poor old Sinner.

She has to stay outside because she has a terrible odor problem.

I found her and her pups in an old abandonded shack in the hills of Virginia.

She was just so ugly I had to call her Sinner,

which is short for Ugly As Sin.

You better sit down for this one.

BestFriend.jpg

• Members

Yeah, betwen the wife, the kids and myself, we have a few pets...

Mine:

2 Great Danes (Pete and Bridget)

1 Canary (Django)

1 African sulcatta tortoise (Sully)

9db1729e-e30c-46db-af55-6e0b4cd7a0b8

11 hens and 1 rooster

(Sully lives out in the chicken run during the warm parts of the year)

my "bestest buddy", a mini-pig (Hamlet), shown helping me celebrate my 49th birthday...

90689c2b-bc2d-46c7-8c17-342876176961

6 African rock pythons (Cleopatra, Cassandra, Cassius, Taerguz, Barnabas, and Kaa)

3 boa constrictors (George, Galadriel and GG)

1 Emory's Rat Snake (Elwood)

1 Double-yellowhead Amazon parrot (Margueritta)

1 Goffin cockatoo (Mad Max)

My wife's:

A rat-dog (Samson)

9 guinea pigs

6 rabbits

4 Japanese rats

20 or so budgie parakeets (they just keep on reproducing!)

2 Bourke's parakeets (Rambo and Rosie)

3 cats (Heidi, Houdini and Zane)

5 capabaras (Juno, Cara, Cappy, Candy and Dopey)

1 llama (Humphrey)

Daughter's:

1 goose (Blanca)

1 dog (Bozo)

saltwater tank full of pretty fish and an octopus

1 raven (Edgar)

1 reticulated python (Tiger)

Son's:

3 Rottweilers (Akela, Sonja and Greta)

1 Anatolian Shep/Gr. Pyreneses mix (Anastasia)

Grandmother's:

1 Irish wolfhound (McGuyver)

Plus a herd of Angora goats, Nigerian dwarf goats, Merino sheep and a couple Barbaries (about 60 in all) and we're "babysitting" 5 horses.

And yeah, we don't live in the city... :p

• Members

Kinda looks like that photo was taken at an art gallery. Who's the artist/sculptor?

I've forgotten the guy's name. He's English and does a variety of way, way off the wall sculptures like that one. Nothing is precisely life size. Either smaller or larger than life. One I recall seeing is of a little boy that's about 20 feet tall. I think the first one, that drew a bunch of outrage was of the corpse of his father, nude, and about 3/4 size. Very strange but haunting too. Not bad, just not real comfortable.

Here's mine: 2d7v58m.jpg

• Members

First off here's my indoor pets.

A 17lb Norwegian Forrest cat,, and my yellow Lab in the background.

SimonSideSmall.jpg

Then there's poor old Sinner.

She has to stay outside because she has a terrible odor problem.

I found her and her pups in an old abandonded shack in the hills of Virginia.

She was just so ugly I had to call her Sinner,

which is short for Ugly As Sin.

You better sit down for this one.

BestFriend.jpg

looks like some kind of dog/human 5 toes and 5 fingers humanlike mouth its art!

• Members

I've forgotten the guy's name. He's English and does a variety of way, way off the wall sculptures like that one. Nothing is precisely life size. Either smaller or larger than life. One I recall seeing is of a little boy that's about 20 feet tall. I think the first one, that drew a bunch of outrage was of the corpse of his father, nude, and about 3/4 size. Very strange but haunting too. Not bad, just not real comfortable.

She calls that piece "The Young Family".

I think this is one with her pet ...

30the_embrace_offspring_and_progenitor.j

• Members
She calls that piece "The Young Family".

I think this is one with her pet ...

30the_embrace_offspring_and_progenitor.j

The one I'm thinking of is different. Definitly a guy. I guess this latex realism think has taken off. Like I said, makes you kinda uncomfortable to have human/animal forms mixed with such realism. Maybe that's why folks like scary movies.

• Members

I guess I'm the resident cat person. We have a 7 year-old Burmese who is pedigree but not show quality. She can be as affectionate as a dog but she's strictly an indoor cat since she has no survival instincts whatsoever and is a bit psychotic. She has an aversion to mice - she tends to jump on chairs when she sees one - as well as either a pure hatred or a sadistic attraction to my bare feet.

Archived