OK can we have TAH back now?

NeverSayDai

• Members

Can someone explain how we get TAH unbanned, please.

We have lost too many regulars recently, and TAH was always worth reading on this forum. It didn't matter how obscure an instrument/pickup/amp was TAH had owned it at some time! A true original, and generous with his time explaining stompbox designs...

[Oh, and I forced myself to read the thread which led to the banning. It is worth missing. TAH made what, to my mind, were relevant charges on inconsistent behaviour from someone holding views he found reprehensible. Depending on how you read the words, these could be regarded as a personal attack, rather than a robust challenge. I think that there must have been some history between him and some others on the forum, because it didn't really look like banning grounds to me. Trust me, it's not worth struggling through!]

When I first started lurking and posted this forum had several prolific contributors:

Lauren (now in Spain - too busy to post)

Ellen (Guitarist21) - seems her studies are higher priority

Samilyn - love to her if anyone contacts her (SteveO/Garthman/FK)

Cripes - always worth reading

Jake7 (Rick's decided to travel in a bus gigging - and good luck to him:thu:)

Whalebot - off wall but often interesting

I'm sure there are others no longer posting...

Through it all there have been some bricks providing continuity - Stackabones, FK, TAH, zenbu, totamus, garthman, etc. (I hope no-one feels offended by omission;)).

I really don't think we should have to do without TAH. Lets get this up and running

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't know he was banned (again).

I like Terry. He hangs out in the PP and OJ boards.

Case in point of what happens when you talk politics around here which is creeping in here again.

I hope they lift the ban.

This forum is a living breathing organism. Folks come and go.

Recently I have been considering taking a vacation from the HCAG myself. I think I'm developing a twitch.

Maybe woodshed for a while instead.

• Members

I hate to waste my 100th post on this (I wanted it to be an NGD one!) but the offending thread (which as I said is not worth reading) was on the political forum. It was all about teenage pregnancy and who is to blame, parents or liberals (I think the redneck view is that liberals are...). It is all very tedious - give it a miss.

TAH got in some good punches, but one of the regulars thought some punches were a little low. To continue the boxing analogy, it was a little like watching a home grown hero boxing in a foriegn country where the referee and crowd are locals.

Some came in to TAH's defence, but one of the forum members got their knickers in a twist, interpreted TAH's words in a way that ran counter to forum policy and requested banning. You know - one man's free speech is another man's personal insult - that sort of thing. All really playground behaviour.

OK if no-one gets hurt, BUT WE WANT OUR TERRY BACK!

• Members

QQ:

OMG! You mean...like a Science Fiction Movie?

It's alive!!!

---

Why was TAH banned? I like him too. He's a Guild expert.

He has a lot of poisonous snakes too. Or at least he did.

more like the earthworms on the sidewalk after a good rain. watch your step.

• Members

I vote bring TAH back. I am new here, but you quickly get a feel of who talks from the heart and he was in that category. The world needs more of that talk and less of that which is calculated.

Bring TAH back please. (and whomever banned him, go find a dry rope to dampen)

• Members

There once was a Texan named Terry

Whose opinions were seldom contrary

He made a stand

And now he is banned

So he sits in his home on the prairie

Good first verse (if lymericks count)!! Now we want to hear the chorus!

• Members

I personally cannot understand how anyone can get banned from the Pol forum. There are more personal attacks there than the rest of the HC forum set combined and few have caused banning. Though I nowhere near TAH politically I couldn't care less what his views are. They are not brought over here, other than his sig and that's fine with me. With that in mind, it seems to me that he gets banned more than others who are much worse in personal attacks and it does point to biased preferences toward some others and against Terry.

• Members

Some forums have a policy that allows for people to be banned from specific boards only - and it is usually forums that include a political or religious board, which is where people tend to get the most riled up, IME.

Maybe that should be considered here.

• Members

I personally cannot understand how anyone can get banned from the Pol forum. There are more personal attacks there than the rest of the HC forum set combined and few have caused banning. Though I nowhere near TAH politically I couldn't care less what his views are. They are not brought over here, other than his sig and that's fine with me. With that in mind, it seems to me that he gets banned more than others who are much worse in personal attacks and it does point to biased preferences toward some others and against Terry.

There was a new policy of no personal attacks what so ever that went into effect July 1 at the PP...the mods have been very strict in enforcing it...we were all given plenty of warning about it so if anyone does get banned they have no one to blame but themselves.

• Members

There was a new policy of no personal attacks what so ever that went into effect July 1 at the PP...the mods have been very strict in enforcing it...we were all given plenty of warning about it so if anyone does get banned they have no one to blame but themselves.

Yet, you, and a few others, interestingly enough, Harold.

have been ignored... :idea:

Archived