OT, Shaker

daklander

• Members

Hope all is well with our SoCal folks.

I grew up out there and my last big quake was the Sylmar quake of the early '70s. We lived in Sylmar at the time, which was the epicenter. No fun!

As I said, I hope everybody is okay and sustained no significant damage.

• Members

No injuries and very little damage reported yet, mostly just stuff knocked off shelves .Most of us who have been here in SoCal very long are used to shakers like this one, but it's been over 10 years since we had a moderate or bigger earthquake.
I was working in an incomplete five story apartment building in Orange Co.when it hit, it was quite a little ride.

• Members

There was a 5.4 on the far side of Illinois earlier this year. We felt it here in St. Louis. Takes you by surprise if you're not used to them. I hope you and your family are all right and that your guitars survived.

• Members

The problem with these "moderate" quakes is that after the first jolt, you just don't know what's coming. When the Northridge quake hit, there was a strong jolt, then a few seconds, then all hell broke loose.

My office building was swaying pretty good.

• Members

The problem with these "moderate" quakes is that after the first jolt, you just don't know what's coming
. When the Northridge quake hit, there was a strong jolt, then a few seconds, then all hell broke loose.

My office building was swaying pretty good.

Agreed, this one gave us two shakes, 10+ seconds each, a few seconds apart. When the second one started is when I got nervous.

Archived