Happy Thanksgiving

Queequeg

• Members

HTD!!! Everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all the members who make this place so special to me. I hope everyone gets to talk to and/or see someone very special in their lives.

I won't be with my immediate family (up north) this Thanksgiving, but my wife and I will be with friends and spending time on the phone wishing everyone well. It's time to cook and consume today, so tomorrow we can wish we hadn't.

Again, thanks to all of you who make the year so special for me.

C70man,

John

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving from Louisville Kentucky!

The family and I made the trip from Michigan yesterday to spend Thanksgiving with my mom. We hit a 2 hour traffic jam in Cincinnati. Other than that it was a good trip. :thu:

My mom's husband plays guitar. He owns a Martin D28 so I brought along my new Yamaha FG735S "{censored}box" to play with him. :wave:

I am thankful for my family, their health, my health, my job / "career", music, film, the internet, my "{censored}boxes" and my meager musical talent. :lol:

• Members

Gawd, what a ghastly Thanksgiving! It's made me appreciate what I've got going for me in this life but {censored} were some of the actual events so very trying:

We just got back from the local children's hospital after our 4 year-old autistic son (who won't/cannot communicate verbally or through sign language and ALWAYS has to stick nonedible items in his mouth) ingested a quarter and got it stuck in his esophagus. I took two trips to two separate hospitals, 3 x-rays and two days of hurry-up-and-wait Hell to finally go through the 5 minute orthoscopic procedure. I'm just now coming down from being completely and hellaciously LIVID over what a {censored}ing runaround the medical system has become.

I can't blame my son though; he is what he is and we're working with him every day. I could blame myself for leaving stuff like that in easy reach but what's done is done and now all my change is going right into a coffee can!

To drift back on-topic, I'm also hiding that can from my wife and using it to house my GAS fund! ;)

• Members

Gawd, what a ghastly Thanksgiving! It's made me appreciate what I've got going for me in this life but {censored} were some of the actual events so very trying:

We just got back from the local children's hospital after our 4 year-old autistic son (who won't/cannot communicate verbally or through sign language and ALWAYS has to stick nonedible items in his mouth) ingested a quarter and got it stuck in his esophagus. I took two trips to two separate hospitals, 3 x-rays and two days of hurry-up-and-wait Hell to finally go through the 5 minute orthoscopic procedure. I'm just now coming down from being completely and hellaciously LIVID over what a {censored}ing runaround the medical system has become.

I can't blame my son though; he is what he is and we're working with him every day. I
could
blame myself for leaving stuff like that in easy reach but what's done is done and now all my change is going right into a coffee can!

To drift back on-topic, I'm also hiding that can from my wife and using it to house my GAS fund!
;)

Awwwww....Neil....I'm soooo sorry to hear that! I do hope he's okay now. Yeah, the medical system truly sux these days. A friend of mine just went through a similar "runaround" scenario and he was ballistic.

Yup - stuff the coffee can. It makes ya feel good every time you stick something in it. You'd be surprised at how fast it'll add up. That's how I paid for my hog Guild. :D

• Members

kwitcher bellyachin'.

best damn health care system in the world.

(or #16, if you believe the statistics.)

Hey, be glad you don't live in Canada. You have to make an appointment 8 months in advance for this sort of thing (if you believe the propaganda).

well, you can be glad that you do have health insurance, unlike the 40+million Americans who do not. A number that is certain to rise with the unemployment rate.

Thank God your son is OK, Neil. You cerainly do have your hands full these days. Your children are very fortunate to have you as a dad. and for that, we can all be thankful.

• Members

I think I'd get some training from an emergency room doctor, buy myself a scope and DIY. That can't be rocket science. You can buy a defibrillator, why not?

Wanna talk health care? Probably not. Let's talk gratitude. I got a more or less an on going battle with skin cancers of three types. That means they carve on me alot. Lot's of biopsies. Well, my ancient dermodoc took off a chunk of the back of my leg and through poor prep gave me a raging staph infection. The hole is still open after two and a half months. I'm grateful that I still got the same leg I went in there with. He has the look of a deer in the headlights; when is your lawyer calling. etc. Not in my world view. If you hurt me deliberately I'm gonna kill you myself or you may get lucky and I'll sue. If you just screw up you get a by. If you're a Doc, you should be grateful for that.

I got a neurologist. I've had a neurologist since I was about 8 years old because I got weird wiring. He just had to sell his business to a Doctor holding company because Insurance Companies hold payment on him for months, then deduct from what he needs to charge. Patients won't make up the difference. He needed bridge loans every two weeks just to pay his help. I'm grateful that he didn't just say to hell with it and close his practice because he's the best I've ever had. Very grateful.

Stop the freeking liability for accidental injury. If you end up loosing a leg, you get palliative care and a new prosthetic not money for a new house and stock portfolio. If you're dead why does you family get to move to the French Riviera? I'd be grateful for less of that, because it would help to keep costs down.

I'm grateful for my group based health coverage. Why can't everybody be in a group? Say everybody who's last name starts with M and can't be in a work based group gets to join the "M" insurance group. Spreads risk indiscriminately. Make it pay to be smart and be a Doctor. Then you get access to health care on your needs basis. I'd be grateful for that.

Grateful Dan

Archived