Early VOM Reminder!

Stackabones

• Members

Since odds are pretty good we'll be having a lot of christmas/holiday music this month, I wonder if it might be a good idea for people to sort of let others know beforehand so we don't end up with 10 competing versions of Deck the Halls.

• Members

Since odds are pretty good we'll be having a lot of christmas/holiday music this month, I wonder if it might be a good idea for people to sort of let others know beforehand so we don't end up with 10 competing versions of Deck the Halls.

Good idea!

But ... it still won't be a bad thing to have several different versions of a tune. I love hearing all the different versions of Christmas tunes this time of year.

• Members

But ... it still won't be a bad thing to have several different versions of a tune. I love hearing all the different versions of Christmas tunes this time of year.

That's true. Plus it takes away the surprise if we have a sort of concert program set out beforehand. I was just thinking that some people might be discouraged if they worked on a song for a couple weeks then saw that 1 or 2 other people had already posted the same song.

• Members

That's true. Plus it takes away the surprise if we have a sort of concert program set out beforehand. I was just thinking that some people might be discouraged if they worked on a song for a couple weeks then saw that 1 or 2 other people had already posted the same song.

That's a good point. Let's see what others say?

• Members

I am so there, man m'man! I recorded it last night. Special X-mas themed song...quite dark...and, emboldened by Sami's example, you who listen will all bear witness to my madd keyboard skilz!

(and yes, there is a snippet of "Deck the Halls" in there...along with 3 other Xmas standards...as instrumental break elements within an entirely original song)

• Members

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and say I'm going to try to submit something for VOM this time around! Not planning on doing any Christmas music, although I do know a nice Bill Leavitt arrangement of The Christmas Song that I think I shared a while a ago. :)

Things have been busy lately- I've got lots of finals in the next two weeks and I've been pretty busy with work too- but I'm doing well and looking forward to hearing everyone's VOM stuff, as always. Can't wait!

Ellen

• Members

I am so there, man m'man! I recorded it last night. Special X-mas themed song...quite dark...and, emboldened by Sami's example, you who listen will all bear witness to my madd keyboard skilz!

(and yes, there is a snippet of "Deck the Halls" in there...along with 3 other Xmas standards...as instrumental break elements within an entirely original song)

:thu:

I'm looking forward to hearing that one. :)

• Members

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and say I'm going to try to submit something for VOM this time around! Not planning on doing any Christmas music, although I do know a nice Bill Leavitt arrangement of The Christmas Song that I think I shared a while a ago.
:)

Things have been busy lately- I've got lots of finals in the next two weeks and I've been pretty busy with work too- but I'm doing well and looking forward to hearing everyone's VOM stuff, as always. Can't wait!

Ellen

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Hope you ace the finals! Looking forward to hearing whatever you submit. I always enjoy your music. :)

• Members

I've got a few things recorded from this past month, not including the several posts from my "in hiatus" personal VOM but I had a potentially controversial idea that I'd like to float out here instead of posting it tomorrow evening. Would it be in poor taste to post a recording of a praise band performance done in church? We (the praise band and I) are contributing to tomorrow's evening Advent concert and doing a Chris Rice's "Go Light Your World."

Just asking is all. I don't want to piss anybody off. I usually try to keep religion and politics out of my posts but given that this is a holiday theme VOM1T.

Yet another option would be to record something new tomorrow when I have time, which will be precious little because I'll be busy tomorrow. Whether it will be something meaningful (or topical to the VOM1T) or just something decided upon at the flick of the switch is also yet to be determined.

• Members

Good point

• Members

Just asking is all. I don't want to piss anybody off. I usually try to keep religion and politics out of my posts but given that this is a holiday theme VOM1T.

What others are saying. Music is music, I don't have a heck of a lot of religion left in me either, but hey, knock your socks off. I am gonna dig it anyway.

:thu:

• Members

I've got a few things recorded from this past month, not including the several posts from my "in hiatus" personal VOM but I had a potentially controversial idea that I'd like to float out here instead of posting it tomorrow evening. Would it be in poor taste to post a recording of a praise band performance done in church? We (the praise band and I) are contributing to tomorrow's evening Advent concert and doing a Chris Rice's "Go Light Your World."

Yet another option would be to record something new tomorrow when I have time, which will be precious little because I'll be busy tomorrow. Whether it will be something meaningful (or topical to the VOM1T) or just something decided upon at the flick of the switch is also yet to be determined.

Play whatever you like, Neil. I know I'll enjoy it. :)

Archived