Early VOM Reminder!

Stackabones

• Members

OK, I lost my voice to a head/chest cold so I didn't get to sing that song in church today. It's just as well. I felt strange about it and that's enough to get me not to follow through on something - I'm a chronic procrastinator. :o

That being said, I've got a couple of things recorded (both audio and/or video) that I could put up there. I'd actually like to woodshed on and record a couple of other songs before then, but we'll see: this week is gonna be busy and I really should be resting up so that I can kick this head cold.

• Members

OK, I lost my voice to a head/chest cold so I didn't get to sing that song in church today. It's just as well.
I
felt strange about it and that's enough to get me not to follow through on something - I'm a chronic procrastinator.
:o

That being said, I've got a couple of things recorded (both audio and/or video) that I could put up there. I'd actually like to woodshed on and record a couple of other songs before then, but we'll see: this week is gonna be busy and I really should be resting up so that I can kick this head cold.

Get some rest, Neil, if you can. Do not attempt to sing while you've got a cold. Definitely not good for the vocal chords.

Hope ya feel better soon!! Good mojo comin' at ya.

• Members

Get some rest, Neil, if you can. Do not attempt to sing while you've got a cold. Definitely not good for the vocal chords.

Hope ya feel better soon!! Good mojo comin' at ya.

Thanks, Sami. I'm not on my deathbed yet, just running on fumes is all and I was bound for some sort of breakdown. I blame it on some stress that's been doggin' me and if a little sniffle and hocking loogies is all that comes of too many sleepless nights, then I s'pose I could live with it.

Now where's that Nyquil so that I can get to my Happy Place? :freak::bor:

• Members

Same here. I think it would be quite a cool thing to have VOM holiday stuff packaged as a CD. I have no idea how to make that happen.

Guys, we floated the idea of creating a Holiday CD of acoustic tunes in the holiday spirit. A few of us were going to create the CD and mail a copy to everyone who participates, but I don't think we got near enough holiday specific tunes to make it happen from VOM XI itself.

Too bad, as I would have liked to have some nice atmosphere setting music for the holiday festivities.

I have heard of several members who may be posting additional holiday oriented materials over the next couple of weeks. Maybe we can scrape together enough from those additional postings. We'll just have to see.

• Members

geeze I spent over an hour memorizing and polishing the entire score to Handel's Messiah for full orchestra (distilled to one 6-string guitar, of course) but then I was afraid that everybody was going to do the same thing when holiday music became the VOM theme. Come to find out nobody did it. You guys are just messing with me again.

Archived