Not Acoustic - I Opened My Case After...

mole2

• Members

I'm going to be moving in February so I'm going thur a lot of stuff to get ready for the move. I placed my old electric guitar on a shelf in my closet 25 years ago and it hasn't been opened since - till tonight. Here's my 1973 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe as it was packed away.

1973 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe OHSC

DSCF0101_Small.jpg

Body shot

DSCF0087_Small.jpg

Headstock

DSCF0090_Small.jpg

Back

DSCF0098_Small.jpg

Back of Headstock with Schallers

DSCF0097_Small.jpg

Yes, I still have the original tuning pegs, pickups and the strap button which was replaced by a leather strap lock. For those who are curious the lead pickup is a DiMarzio and the rhythm pickup is a Seymour Duncan.

:)

• Members
How do you forget that you own a guitar like that? Seriously...

I didn't forget about her...just never took her down and picked her up in all those years. I had quit the whole band scene and playing. Did it so I could kick some dependencies and survive. Then life got in the way from picking up my gits and voila! Here I am today getting ready to move and I take her down and she looks darn good still. The strings are shot and left some rust in the nut. The frets need polishing as does the bridge. The neck is straight. When I get her to my new place in SC I'm gonna fire her up with my old pre-CBS 1963 Fender Tremolux and see what happens. lol

:)

Archived