Snow Day

Stackabones

• Members

It looks like no guitar lessons today. :(

On the bright side, it looks like I've got almost everyone rescheduled to later in the week! I don't know how I managed to find openings in my schedule and openings in my students' schedules, but somehow it's coming together. Nine students scheduled today ... three definitely can't reschedule, but the remaining six are booked!

I did have a lunch gig today, but I switched with another musician who needed yesterday off. So no gig cancellations!

Perhaps I'll do some recording? I can't sing today ... got a cold or sore throat or allergies or whatnot. Maybe some instrumental stuff?

Ice accumulation won't be much by some of y'all's standards, but by Texan standards anything thicker than a Fender medium pick means shut 'er down. :lol:

• Members

Little bit of snow here in Pa on the MD border
Suppossed to get hit with a much bigger mess overtonight and into tomorrow
Of course as always they cover themselves "depending on how the storm tracks will depend upon how much snow vs how much sleet and freezing rain"
Of course I very much prefer the snow to the icing up! (So far this year we have been lucky and they have all pretty much been non events, But there are still so many that go into panick mode at the first snow flake!

Of course there is always the stampede to go and get Bread, Milk, and Toilet Paper, Alas that is a different story:rolleyes:

Enjoy your day!

• Members

-19 last night, tomarrow night too.

When it snows down south, they stay home from work, jump in the car and head for the mall. Unfortunately they don't know how to drive in snow, so they get in a wreck, and cause an 8 hour backup on the freeway.

• Members

It was 66 just an hour ago and now it's 51, heading down to lower 30's overnight with some precip. Only question is whether it will freeze here in town. Definitely in the Hill Country.

Local TV loves to play up weather like this here in So TX. It's always the "Big Chill" coverage on the ABC station.

• Members

It snows in Texas?

Mainly in the panhandle and sometimes 800 miles down south of there in Brownsville -- but it can be rare down in the valley.

It's a big state. Lots o' climate fun: snow storms, sleet storms, ice storms, dust storms, super scary thunder storms, straight-line winds, tornados, hurricanes, purple ozone action days, flash flooding, one-hundred year floods, five-hundred year floods, draughts, heat advisory warnings, unbearable humidity and days of 100+ degrees in the shade ... and that's just in the spring.

• Members

We need a pretty serious snow fall late in the day for the kids to get a snow day from school. I would say something in the 8" + range (IF the snow falls late at night because there is no time to get it cleared before school starts). The kids also get "cold days" off. A cold day is when the wind chill drops 30 below zero or more. They had one a few weeks ago. :eek:

The only adults that get snow days or cold days I know of are teachers. The rest of us are forced to fight through it.

• Members

You know, I'd never seen snow in person until I was 20-ish, and I remember thinking it was a great and wonderous thing. However, now I know better :lol:
The snowpocalypse should be hitting us here tomorrow, which is just fine because my bone saddle for my Yammie will be arriving in the morning, and I'm gonna do some serious playing.

• Members

Hell, I remember walking almost 2 miles to junior high in snow up to my knees - uphill both ways! My parents believed school was very important - couldn't accept that I was hopelessly stoopid.

Snow, sleet, ice, etc. supposed to reach here tonight/tomorrow. Thanks to all you folks out west for sending it this way.

• Members

Just went out to the local superdupermarket for cold medicine for my wife and more rock salt. Lots of slush on the road and piling up fast but nothing the Outback couldn't handle - but then on the way home it started to turn to sleet. Looks like I'm gonna be home with two very bored boys with toxic cabin fever. I might try to do a VOM1T recording but the video ain't gonna be pretty.

Archived