Goodbye

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

This is very troubling to many of us here. I hope he's okay and just drunk in a cheap hotel with an even cheaper hooker, trying to sort things out.

Maybe it is time for the Mods to step in and contact local authorities. This kind of message should be taken seriously.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if there's anyway of contacting a moderator and getting his IP address and doing a little research to find out where/who he is.

He has a YouTube page by the same name and it says he hasn't been on in 3 days and it's not well travelled nor does he allow the friends and subscibers lists to be shown. He's only got 3 Ritchie Blackmore video's favorited with the last one being 3 days ago.

I know we don't know him personally and it may be overreacting to think the worst, I've just been thinking about it all day, since I read it this morning, and
wondering what we could do

Like what? You can think the worst but folks who off themselves don't typically hesitate so they can go through the trouble of announcing it to their known world. I don't doubt he's hurting but I do doubt he's completely lost his self-respect over his situation. I've seen it many, many times while in the military when troops get temporary assignments abroad and come home to a love-shattered world. Happened to me and it took me about 8 months to get past it (Dear John letter). Okay, maybe that trip to the Philippines was a big boost too.

You think the wildest, craziest things including the final act of defiance. You do get past it, though. Let's face it, it only takes one bullet to kill the whole world and I don't think our man wants to kill the whole world. If anything I'd think he'd want a chance to talk to it as he's done before. The invitation is always open.

• Members
This is very troubling to many of us here. ...

Maybe it is time for the Mods to step in and contact local authorities. This kind of message should be taken seriously.

I also agree. I considered flagging the post, and adding a brief background explanation, to assure that a mod did see it. :idk:

• Members

Like what? You can think the worst but folks who off themselves don't typically hesitate so they can go through the trouble of announcing it to their known world.

You're wrong, in fact in many cases that is exactly what they do. Often it's multiple times of warnings. Just visit any VA hospital and ask them.

And you're right too. Many times it's just crying wolf, or pleading for attention. Problem with the latter is that many states have consequences for eluding to suicide. Including a forced stay at the local funny farm for evaluation and potential fines.

But that's the problem, isn't it? How do you tell the difference? Even close family members often can't tell until it's too late.

• Members

You're wrong, in fact in many cases that is exactly what they do. Often it's multiple times of warnings. Just visit any VA hospital and ask them.

And you're right too. Many times it's just crying wolf, or pleading for attention. Problem with the latter is that many states have consequences for eluding to suicide. Including a forced stay at the local funny farm for evaluation and potential fines.

But that's the problem, isn't it? How do you tell the difference? Even close family members often can't tell until it's too late.

Hard read. On a scale of 1-10 I tend to rate self-degrading people around a 4. Dude needs to man-up a smidge.

• Members

Sorry for the drama everyone. I was too drunk for my own good when I posted that, though that is what I was thinking at the time. My Dunlop bridge pin puller/bottle opener has been seeing a lot of use.

I'm still living with my soon-to-be ex-wife because I don't got any other place to go (no friends guess whose fault that is), and can't afford to pay rent at my current and a new apartment. Can't kick her out (legally) because her name is on the lease to. She's doesn't make enough to pay everything herself, so if I left I'd still have to pay. Pretty much have to wait until either the lease is up or she makes some sort of arrangements with somebody. Don't know why she can't live with the guy she's screwing. She pretty much spends every night over there.

The fact that I have no one to fall back on doesn't help much either (unless you count Jack Daniels or Sam Adams). I also have struggled with depression in the past, and am also a cutter. I have my own set of mental problems, but they have never been addressed because it was always on thing after another with her that we had to deal with, even if it was something as stupid as not having cable is really getting her upset.

Another thing is she says she might be pregnant. If she is and it is mine, with her maturity and attention level and self-centeredness, I'd pretty much be raising it by myself.

I am going to get some sort of help for my problems. I expect the urge to cut myself to stop. It is a learned coping mechanism, and the people that do it don't realize there are healthier coping mechanisms. I do (its called guitar) but I couldn't use it because of her jealousy issues. Now that I've ceased giving a {censored} about what she wants, thats not going to be a problem.

I've wanted to go out and have random sex, but I know that won't make me feel better, not to mention the risk of catching something. I still need to get myself checked out. She slept with me once before she told me she cheated after the first time she cheated.

I'm planning a few projects to occupy my time and to keep my mind busy. One is to make a nut and saddle from bone blanks for my Alvarez. Thinking of a few others.

Thanks for the support everyone, and sorry I let the drama spill over into HC.

• Members

Thanks for the support everyone, and sorry I let the drama spill over into HC.

Hey, man, I have been right where you are and it really sucks. But I can tell you that it does get better, and it makes no sense to use a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

Earlier I posted a list of things and #20 was that I had my heart broken but then came to realize that I was better off without her. I was about your age when that happened, and I can tell you that in spite of all the pain that caused me, I am glad it happened, because of it hadn't, I would not have what I have today, and I am very grateful for what I have today.

So take heart. Time heals all wounds and although it may seem like cold comfort now, this experience will make you a better person and you will look back on this one day and understand that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

• Members

Good to know you're ok DarkHorse.

The best thing you can do is stay busy/active and healthy. Eat right, get good sleep, don't over-do the drinking and you'll feel better and you'll then feel better about yourself.

It's a tough situation to be in, to be sure, but you know you've got a lot of support here.

Keep playin'!

• Members

I was too drunk for my own good when I posted that, though that is what I was thinking at the time.

Been there, done that. There were times when my wife(girlfriend at the time) and I broke up during our Courtship where I didn't feel like going on anymore but I hung in there, we got mairred and all turned out reasonable well. If your ex can't appreciate you then that's her loss. I've read enough of your posts around here to know that your a good guy and you'll find someone else in time. You just need to hang in there. Where there's life, there's hope. My very best friend in the world got divorced from his wife when I lived in Phoenix. One night he totally broke down and started yelling at me, I heard him out, we cried together, I held him and helped him thru it. With in a couple years he had met another lady and they mairred and he's living a happy life in Gerogia. You just have to hang in there and know that things WILL get better. God Bless and Keep you. Take care my friend. Keep posting and let us know how things are going. We're all here for ya' pard. :thu:

• Members

Take it easy on the booze DH... That ain't gonna help the situation.

I've been in an ugly domestic thing before too, Trust me, as time goes by... it gets better... MUCH BETTER!

The bad times are just like the good times... They too shall pass.

PS: Give someone around here your phone # so we can check on ya and so we won't worry too much.

• Members

I wish I had something useful or helpful to say to you DH, but all I can say is please try to take care of yourself, and ask for help if you need it. This {censored} sucks, no way around that, but please don't do anything rash. The sooner you can get out of this situation the better, but in the meantime you have to address your own problems, aside from this situation.
And if she's telling you she might be pregnant, make her take a test immediately. Women like this lie, and clearly she has no qualms about that. Don't let her threaten you with all kinds of dire consequences before you know the truth.

• Members

A great relief that you are still kickin' DH! Now set yourself to cleaning up what you can of this mess and getting everything in order. Sounds like you should stay pretty busy doing this. Reach out to your best friends - no matter what she did to create a chasm, real friends will be there as soon as they know the true details. Give it a try. Maybe let someone here at HCAG know if you are close by. I bet you would get a hand.

• Members

Good to hear from you, no apologies necessary. And definately watch the alcohol intake. It can exacerbate anger and make you easily provoked, as well as depressed. Speaking from my own experiance in this area, you really don't want to pick up a DUI right now. Things are hard enough. Take care, keep in touch.

Archived