Newest Palmer addition to the fold!

Gary Palmer

• Members

Just thought I'd share.

Brilliant news from the Palmer household, as my eldest daughter has just given birth to our first grandchild and I feel as though I'm the proudest man alive. :) The newest member of our family is a very healthy, bouncing 7lb 4oz baby boy who I can't wait to meet and spoil rotten.

Train set on order, guitar builds in the pipeline for him and he isn't even a week old.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EXCELLENT Gary ... many congrats
:thu:
. Could I suggest a Scalextric set as a fine addition to the train set idea? lol

enjoy him ... all the fun without the lack of sleep - being a grandparent must be great
:)

Many thanks mate and I'll be doing my best to make the most. I'm looking forward to the "grandparent's revenge" :) aspect and am definitely going to be heading in the direction of Scalextric, alongside the train set, Meccano and Lego. :thu:

• Members

Congratulations

Not the first to say it, but they say grandparents have the breaks

Kid to spoil the children and traditionally send them home to the parents!

I became gramps about three years ago, still have not quite gotten used to the idea of I am a grandpa, that is someone that is old......then I remember wait, I am getting old;) And to tell the truth, I love being Gramps!

Gary enjoy the blessing, wonderful news.

• Members

Old? lol I don't feel a day over 85. lol

Many thanks for your kind words everyone. :)

You can call me whatever you like, because at 46 I'm as proud and happy now as when each of my four kids were born. :) Especially if - when he's a toddler - I get the chance to feed him candy, red food dye and beetroot before returning him home. lol

First working project (After the obligatory train set) is gonna be making him a decent ukulele when he's big enough to help and we can progress from there, but the first first first project is gonna have to be taking him for walks in his pram and playing him some guitar.

I hadn't known, but my daughter and son-in-law have named him James and - totally coincidentally - I've been teaching my two youngest daughters "Sweet Baby James" during the past week. :eek: It must be a subliminal message thing because I used to play it to all of them as they slept in their cots.

• Members

Congratulations, Gary. Reminds me of when my first grand daughter was born just four years ago. Everyone expected me to not like being called grandpa (grandpa = old). I'm not old, I'm grandpa. Four times now and loving it. Wish I could see them more often. Enjoy the new arrival.

• Members

Just thought I'd share.

Brilliant news from the Palmer household, as my eldest daughter has just given birth to our first grandchild and I feel as though I'm the proudest man alive.
:)
The newest member of our family is a very healthy, bouncing 7lb 4oz baby boy who I can't wait to meet and spoil rotten.

Train set on order, guitar builds in the pipeline for him and he isn't even a week old.

Awesome! Congrats! :thu:

• Members

Great news Gary, congratulations! And give your daughter a big kiss and hug and the new daddy a cigar. It's OK if you are sometimes typing with one hand now with no caps or punctuation when you are bouncing the wee-one on your lap.

Archived