new box.com account

kwakatak

• Members

Putfile hasn't been reliable lately so I just registered for a new box.com account and have uploaded a couple of new tunes:

In My Life - as arranged by Laurence Juber

http://www.box.net/shared/ai03djvyeu

La Madrugada - Jerry Reed

http://www.box.net/shared/inkr23p674

Both recorded on my Larrivee OM-03R via K&K Pure Western Mini and a Shure PG57 microphone. Please give them a listen.

• Members

Good stuff, Neil. Your guitar sounds high-strung on In MY Life. Are you capoed up.

(I play that one, too but I have always avoided that little harpsichord interlude part. I'm afraid of heights)

Not familiar with the Jerry Reed tune. Beautiful melody

• Members
Good stuff, Neil. Your guitar sounds high-strung on In MY Life. Are you capoed up.

(I play that one, too but I have always avoided that little harpsichord interlude part. I'm afraid of heights)

Not familiar with the Jerry Reed tune. Beautiful melody

No, no capo. Standard tuning as well. Tab is in Fingerstyle Guitar magazine issue #50 IIRC. I first started playing this one about the same time Justin was born and have re-recorded it several times. It comes and goes out of my repertoire and this past time I'd found that I'd actually forgotten parts of it.

BTW, Q, there's tab for Chet Atkin's version of "La Vie En Rose" in that issue.

As for La Madrugada, Jerry Reed was so much more than just "The Snowman" in Smokey & The Bandit. There used to be this guy (about 5 years ago or so) called Taylorfishin' who positively nailed it on his Breedlove. I downloaded his recording of it way back when and have been working on it ever since. There are still quite a few clams on my attempts though. BTW, last I heard (from the APM crowd where he was last seen) TF gave up playing altogether and rides ATVs for fun down in WV. Go figure. :idk:

Archived