What kinda guitar stand you got?

kiiaz

• Members

I got this crappy proline fretrest one got at guitar center a long time ago for like 15-20 bucks

I wanna upgrade, im deciding between a Hercules guitar stand or an A-frame guitar stand

• Members

I have an A frame

494403jpg.jpg

it works but to do it again I think I would prefer something different, something offering a little neck support rather than just body support.....I think it would offer better stability in a busy location

If I played in a quiet corner or my own little room then the A frame would be fine..........Gotten to the point I do not that much use the stand any longer, Just put the guitar back in it's case when I am done. (Only use the stand for brief pauses in playing now

• Members

I have an A frame

494403jpg.jpg
it works but to do it again I think I would prefer something different, something offering a little neck support rather than just body support.....I think it would offer better stability in a busy location

If I played in a quiet corner or my own little room then the A frame would be fine..........Gotten to the point I do not that much use the stand any longer, Just put the guitar back in it's case when I am done. (Only use the stand for brief pauses in playing now

I have the same stand for when I'm playing and get up to wander around.

I've got some Hercules wall hangers for when I'm done.

• Members

I've got an assortment of guitar stands...a few of the cheap Guitar Center ones and an A-frame. Personally, I like the GC ones better...they just seem sturdier and more stable than the A-frame.

And since I have three stands and five guitars, some of my guitars spend a lot of time in their cases anyway.

• Members

Got a couple of those now-discontinued injection molded plastic ones that Ultimate used to make...best stands I've ever used, so naturally you can't get 'em anymore... :rolleyes:

p2796b-acd300c5f6774881a229a606d7b6cf5d.

Bought 'em for $10 a piece when MARS was going out of business...wish I'd've bought several more, too. :mad: These things are so well made and won't tip over, and are the only stands that've ever lasted me more than a year of gigging.

Edit: Seems they now make a very similar wooden version...

axwwoodstand.jpg

• Members

I got this crappy proline fretrest one got at guitar center a long time ago for like 15-20 bucks

I wanna upgrade, im deciding between a Hercules guitar stand or an A-frame guitar stand

I like the Hercules, you can't accidentally knock them off the stand. I have grandkids and dogs, so that is important to me.

• Members

I like the Hercules, you can't accidentally knock them off the stand. I have grandkids and dogs, so that is important to me.

I used to have some cheap stands and after a couple of near disasters threw them in the garbage, bought some Hercules wall hangers and a couple of Hercules stands. Small price to pay as far as I'm concerned.

*edit* - I just noticed the stands I threw out are the ones kimona uses. Great if they work for you, but I found them very unstable and easy to drop a guitar as I am setting it in the stand. I'd rather have something that grabs the neck like the Hercules does.

• Members

I prefer the A frames, and got rid of all my other stands when I discovered them. I find the neck support types to be more unstable and prone to accidents on stage. The A-frames are low to the ground and are easier to use, their lower profile makes them less obtrusive in stage (or in the living room) and they provide easier access. The neck support types need to have the little rubber band attached, which is really inconvenient. The Hercules stands use the auto lock sliding mechanism, which is better, but not as smooth as I would like.

I just want to set the Guitar in a stand and know it safe. I have seen guitars fall from more neck support stands than A frame Stands...

• Members

I prefer the A frames, and got rid of all my other stands when I discovered them. I find the neck support types to be more unstable and prone to accidents on stage. The A-frames are low to the ground and are easier to use, their lower profile makes them less obtrusive in stage (or in the living room) and they provide easier access. The neck support types need to have the little rubber band attached, which is really inconvenient. The Hercules stands use the auto lock sliding mechanism, which is better, but not as smooth as I would like.

I just want to set the Guitar in a stand and know it safe. I have seen guitars fall from more neck support stands than A frame Stands...

The only real criticism I'd have with the Hercules is that they become problematic if you capo at the first fret.

• Members

I've got one of these jobs upstairs:

p17241b-1cb89bf8bb802f4f8eee3a6c1263fb17

It's kind of a pain. If you don't sit the guitar just right so that there are 3 points of contact (neck & both bottom rails), it won't sit properly. Even when in properly, I usually bang the acoustics when I'm removing them because it's a tight squeeze.

However, I like having all of my guitars within reach.

• Members

392915jpg.jpg

Impossible to inadvertently knock a guitar off.

Keeps the guitar well away from foot traffic.

Makes my walls look much nicer (when loaded w/ a guitar).

Floor stands are for temporary use.

• Members

We have a bunch of A-frame and neck-support tripod-type stands around here. Given how many times certain stands get knocked over, I've come to the conclusion that the A-frame ones are more stable.

We only use our 5-git linear rack, like the one shown above, for the electric gits.

Wall hangers are great, too, but we don't have enough wall space.

• Members

I have a hercules at the moment... but i've recently been thinking... Taylors have a finger joined headstock, and when in the hercules the guitars weight is rested on the headstock... Wondering if this may cause a problem later down the line.

• Members

If you need a multi-guitar stand, Hercules is the way to go. Tried three others and they're too easy to tip over, especially when there's only one guitar on the stand.

I got the Hercules dual guitar stand when SamAshDirect had their launch promo. Very happy with it.

Archived